+91-9212-101-597, 9210-120-800

FAQ For Study In Europe Website

What documents are required to apply to any university in Europe and what is the best way of applying?

You can easily apply for a Passport through means of online registration, and get printout of the application form. The applicant can also submit the same in the Speed post centers, passport office and DPCs.

Passport is necessary, in order, to be able to travel abroad. The time required varies depending upon the countries. In some cases, benefiting from a fresh passport requires 2-3 months and in some countries it may require 6 months. The process is a relatively easy one. You need to purchase the passport form and read it more than once and fill it out. The new passport, which you can get, remains valid for a period of ten years.

Documents Required

Under ordinary scheme, there are many documents that need to be submitted. It is necessary to submit the documents personally. The documents that are required can be as enlisted below:

  • School-Leaving Certificate/Birth Certificate
  • Residence Proof
  • Educational Qualification Certificate
  • Passport Size Photographs
  • Prescribed Fee Determined by Passport Office

Will my qualifications be recognized when I return to my Home Land?

Yes, nearly all degrees offered by European universities are recognized. However, prior to starting a higher education course in any of the universities, it is imperative to check the same in a detailed manner. This is because the pattern of the education system in Europe varies depending upon the course content and the length of study.

Is it necessary to be able to speak a Foreign Language?

There is no hard and fast rule that you need to be able to speak a foreign language so as to be able to enjoy the permission of studying in Europe. There is an increasing trend where you will find countries all across Europe who are offering courses in English medium. However, to be on the safe side, it is important to monitor the chosen university prior to arriving at any definitive conclusion.

Am I supposed to take Medical Insurance?


What is the essential list of things to carry along for the first time visit to the European university?

Ensure that you hold essential items so that you do not face with any trouble while being in any of the European countries. The different types of items, which you are supposed to carry along with you are as highlighted below:

  • Letter of Admission
  • Passport
  • Medical Documents

Also, you need to carry other types of valid documents that are prescribed by the Embassy.

What Are The Different Types Of Degrees Offered?

There are different types of degrees that can be obtained by Indian candidates interested to study in Europe. They range from graduate, postgraduate and PhD degrees in nearly all major domains.

What will be costs incurred by me while studying in Europe?

An Indian student can expect to benefit from similar type of treatment as any other national of Europe can expect to enjoy.  In all general cases, it is important to bear expenses that are related to the study course. The associated expenditures such as that involved along with study materials, accommodation, food and travel need to be borne by you.

Am I Eligible For Scholarships?

Yes! Partial scholarships are offered to you on all the different types of programs that are offered. The scholarships are made available for you on a competitive basis. You can expect to avail the advantage of scholarships for Sciences, Liberal Arts and Honors Program, as well. Also, you are eligible for scholarships made available through the Center for European Studies and International Center. Indian candidates, who remain interested in benefiting from scholarships, must apply for such benefits during their admission application process.

What is the duration of courses offered by European universities?

Every course run by the universities in the continent is of different duration. In fact, the time period differs from university to university and type of degree program.

Am I granted the right to work abroad?

You can enjoy the right to work in any of the EU/EEA countries for a fixed time period. In order to enjoy rights of being able to work in countries outside EU/EEA, it is important to contact with the relevant embassy of the country.

Will European Union recognize my professional experience?

Yes. European Union shall recognize your professional experience only if you maintain an association along with a regulated profession. However, in order, to prove your qualifications and experience, it is important to display Certificate of Experience, as well. You can contact the national co-coordinator, in order to find out if your profession is regulated within a particular country.