MBBS in Armenia
The costs for pursuing MBBS in Armenia for international students change uncontrollably relying upon the college and where you’re going from, however, for an EU student the cost is more often than not around 800 Euros for the year. This is extraordinary news for European students; however, those originating from America, India or Australia may need to watch that the costs for European medical college for MBBS in Armenia aren’t expanded excessively for them.
Be that as it may, it’ll be justified, despite all the trouble since Armenia is home to some energizing top university in Europe for MBBS and the nation is an excellent goal to spend a length of an extreme Duration of MBBS course in Europe.
MBBS in Armenia – Everything You Need to Know
|Last Date to Apply for MBBS in Armenia||15th August|
|Basic Eligibility for MBBS in Armenia||10+2 (Science) with 60% & NEET|
|MBBS in Armenia Minimum Course Fee||1.60 Lakh/Year|
|English Proficiency for Armenia MBBS||Required|
|Minimum Living Cost for MBBS Admission in Armenia||12-15 Thousand/Month|
|Medium of Medical Education in Armenia||English|
|Duration of MBBS/MD in Armenia||6 Years|
Why Study MBBS in Armenia ?
Studying MBBS in Armenia is one of the wisest decisions. MBBS course programs in Armenia’s medical universities are highly in demand which is why students from different countries travel to the country to enroll in programs. The infrastructure and modern teaching methods is something that attracts the students most, since a good environment help students to adapt new customs and it also makes it easy for them to survive. The Hi-tech qualities make Armenia one of the most popular destinations to study MBBS. People scare students when they start planning to study abroad, but students who are already studying in Armenia don’t face any problem with food or other necessities. University mess offers Indian food during their course. So, if you are planning to study in Armenia then just go for it!! Students are provided with all the facilities like WI-FI, canteen, laundry services and reading room. You can work in hospitals or health centers anywhere in the world after completing the MBBS in Armenia.
More than 7,000 international students from around 40 countries study in Armenia. There are about 50 public and private universities in Armenia. The most popular and globally accredited MBBS universities are the American University of Armenia, the Yerevan State University, the Fondation Université Française en Arménie, Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, and the Eurasia International University.
Annual Course Fee of the Top MBBS Universities in Armenia
|Name of University||Annual MBBS Fees (INR).|
|University of Traditional Medicine||1.70 Lakh/Year|
|Yerevan Haybusak University||1.90 Lakh/Year|
Advantages of studying MBBS Armenia 2018
- The degree that would be awarded is recognized by Medical councils and valid globally.
- Medium of course is English, so there won’t be any kind of difficulty to understand the language.
- The course duration is 6 years.
- You will be eligible to practice medicine in India if you clear the licensing exam.
- High standard of Education at cheaper fees, colleges are better than private medical colleges in India.
- No IELTS/ TOEFL required for MBBS in Armenia.
- Environment friendly
- Listed in MCI.
Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Armenia
- Appearing for the screening test to get the license could be a disadvantage for some students but not all.
- Language could be a problem for the locals speak in Hayeren and in Russian sometimes. Also, you will be taught Hayeren in the university.
- In India, the duration of the course is 5.5 years, but in Armenia it is 6 years which is also worth going.
Eligibility for MBBS in Armenia
- Candidate should have attained 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Students must secure a minimum of fifty percent aggregate marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) and passing every situation personally in 10+2 (or equivalent) Examinations as consistent with to the MCI (Medical Council of India).
What to do after MBBS in Armenia?
Students can appear for the screening test to attain the certificate for licensing and can practice in India, but only if they pass the licensing exam and have the potential to become a good doctor. You can even apply for post-graduation courses in Armenia itself. It is also affordable and would give you a good exposure though.
Work during MBBS in Armenia
Students are advised not to work while studying for MBBS course need concentration to become a certified doctor. But once you get residence permit, then you are allowed to work anywhere in the nation.
There are around 215 scholarships in Armenia. Students in India wish to study abroad, but some students can’t fulfil this dream since they can’t afford the fee structure and students are enthusiastic to get the scholarship. Universities have designed many scholarship programs for international students.
To enroll in undergraduate courses, students are advised to apply by end of June since the session starts in the first week of September.
Documents Required for Admission in an MBBS University in Armenia
- Application Form & Resume (C.V.)
- Attested marks sheets and pass certificates (Class X & XII).
- Attested and notarized copies of the academic documents.
- Passport size photographs (Twelve).
- Processing fees, including processing fees, counselling & other charges.
- Passport with three photocopies attested and notarized
- Medical certificate, including HIV report
* Application form to be filled by the individual on the day of admission.
Note: All selected students must apply and attain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
How MCI Approves the Universities?
MCI approves all the medical schools which are verified by the Indian Embassy (in the said country) to be providing a qualification which is a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in that country.
MCI Toll-free number: 180-011-1154
The MBBS students studying MBBS in Armenia or somewhere else can benefit selective training offered by StudyEurope.in advisors to set you up for MCI or FMGE screening test. Just those Indian specialists are permitted to practice medicine in India that effectively clears the FMGE/MCI exam from recognized colleges abroad. We give MCI test instructing to all students for all subjects as devised by MCI. Since it can be hard to increase viewpoint of Indian examination and be set up for 19 subjects upon return, numerous students incline towards taking their MCI coaching while they’re pursuing their MBBS in a foreign country. By taking the right choice at the perfect time can enable you to keep the energy alive and proceed onward to the following level without losing time in the middle of transition stages.
Some imperative highlights of this exam include:
- This non-competitive exam covers MBBS exam syllabus only
- The examination paper comprises of 3 areas
- The design is MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) style
- Students must acquire 50% marks to clear the examination
- The examination is directed in June and December every year
- Students can take the exam unlimited times
You can converse with our training specialists at StudyEurope.in to find out about the accessible bundles for our Indian students. We give online examination material, video lectures and lots more, helping the students get ready for the MCI screening test.
Advisory for Indian citizens planning to study MBBS in Armenia
- Education in technical, humanitarian sciences and medical are offered in Armenia.
- Students planning to take admission in Yerevan State Medical University are informed that Medical Council of India only recognizes the MBBS degree. Armenia.
- Students have to clear the licensing test which is conducted by Medical Council of India and to attain a certificate for practicing as a MBBS doctor in India.
- It is compulsory to get all the mark sheets and certificates issued in India to be attested by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) located at Patiala house, New Delhi.
- For any queries related to attain eligibility certificate, contact Medical Council of India.
- There are few private universities in Armenia whose accreditation is not recognized.
- Armenia is a cold country. In winters, the temperature falls to -15 degrees, which is in November. Students are suggested to take ample winter shoes and clothes with them.
Before leaving India
- Students are advised to get all the required details like total costs, living costs, Tuition fees, hostel fees, cell phone, food and other expenses. Also, make sure you keep USD 300-400/ month for accommodation and other necessities apart from Tuition fees.
- The Students are also advised to check availability in Hostel and the facilities they provide. Students can rent private flats and share with other students, so the accommodation would be cheaper. Students can arrange food themselves since eateries are also available around university campus.
- Here Indian restaurants which are owned by Indians and you will get food at affordable prices.
On arriving in Armenia
- Armenia is one of safest, friendly and secured place for students who leave their country and move here to study. Staying safe is also important when students are going for night outs and getting along with strangers.
- Indian students are advised to list themselves with the Indian Embassy in Armenia upon arrival.
- Keep all the important contact numbers, copy of passport, visa and permit for residence, University Identity card with you whenever go out. Police may ask you to show these documents for verification.
- Do not give your passport to anyone after you arrive in Armenia.
- Try not to hassle for the visa formalities and get it done in time before leaving Armenia after the completion of the course, entering Armenia or going on a vacation, make sure visa is valid.
After completion of course
- All the certificates and degree are to be attested by the Education Ministry of the host country. This is required to be submitted to the Medical Council of India when applying for registration.
- There will be no need of getting the documents attested by Indian Embassy in Armenia.
Armenia is a multi-party democratic nation with a historical and cultural tradition. Urartu commenced in 860 BC through the 6th century BC it was put back by the Satrapy of Armenia. It achieved its height under Tigranes the Great in the first century BC and was the first country in the world to accept Christianity as its official religion in the 3rd or early 4th century AD. The early Armenian kingdom was split between Subtil and Sasanian kingdom in the early 5th century.
The Bagratid Empire of Armenia was re-established in the 9th century under the Bagratuni kingdom. Suffering because of the wars against the Byzantines, the dominion dropped in 1045 and Armenia was shortly occupied by the Seljuk Turks.
Religion in Armenia
Christianity was first adopted by Armenia as a state religion, even before 301 AD, hence Christianity is the main religion in Armenia
The Armenian Dram is the currency of Armenia. Our rankings of currency display that the most popular exchange rate is the AMD to USD rate. AMD is the currency code of Drams and the currency symbol is.
Climate in Armenia
Armenia is often described as a sunny country. The climate of Armenia is highland temperate, dry having four seasons. The summer is pleasant and temperature ranges 25°C to 40°C in the Ararat valley.
Winters can be quite cold with minimum -5°C temperatures in Yerevan, and even colder in the Ararat Valley with -30°C temperatures as well as -46°C temperatures in the Lake Arpi area.
Culture in Armenia
As Armenia included between Asia and Europe, so does the tradition of Armenia. Several Armenians discuss with Armenia as the EU kingdom, but social conservatism of Armenia in a few realms hasn’t been visible in European custom for some decades. The disintegration of the Soviet Union has released many channels with the Western countries again and trade is coming hastily, despite the fact that a good deal more so in Yerevan than inside the rest of the nation. Armenia’s small and homogeneous population in which approximately 99 percent is Armenian, is strongly circle of relatives-orientated. All throughout the land, human beings location a number of pleasures of their hospitality. Display up in a village without a penny, and meals and an area to live will come to you along side liquids and limitless toasts.
Public transport in Armenia is comparatively cheap and convenient too. You have so many options to travel by. the Country provides local transportation, which link the cities to the villages. Taxi would be a good option if you don’t like to wait for the buses. Students can use bicycles to commute from accommodation to the university campus.
Lightweight cotton clothing with rainwear for sudden cloudbursts is advised for the summer, while medium- to heavyweight clothing is necessary in the winter. Be prepared for extreme low temperatures in the Ararat valley and near Lake Arpi.
Living cost in Armenia
- Onion (Per kg) 272.67 AMD
- Oranges (Per kg) 648.43 AMD
- Potato (Per kg) 228.33 AMD
- Beef Round (Per kg) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat) 2,858.33 AMD
- Eggs (regular) (12) 760.82 AMD
- Tomato (Per kg) 461.11 AMD
- Apples (Per kg) 473.53 AMD
- Rice (white), (1kg) 588.00 AMD
- Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless), (1kg) 1,995.29 AMD
- Lettuce (1 head) 163.00 AMD
- Milk, (Per litre) 405.29 AMD
- White Bread (500g) 234.44 AMD
- Banana (Per kg) 772.00 AMD
- Local Cheese (1kg) 2,056.25 AMD
- Taxi Start 600.00 AMD
- Taxi 1hour Waiting
- Taxi per km 100.00 AMD
- Monthly Pass 6,000.00 AMD
- Ticket (Local Transport) 100.00 AMD
- Basic Expenses like Electricity, Cooling, Heating, Garbage or Water for 85m2 Apartment 41,122.18 AMD
- 1 min. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local 20.74 AMD
- Internet 6,488.89 AMD
Rent Per Month
- Apartment (3 BHK) in City Centre 295,000.00 AMD
- Apartment (3 BHK) Outside of Centre 126,000.00 AMD
- Apartment (1 BHK) Outside of Centre 73,529.41 AMD
- Apartment (1 BHK) in City Centre 128,055.56 AMD
1. Offer letter
Typically, worldwide students come on a visitor visa and, after formalizing the admission, acquire a brief residence allow; this can be renewed at some point of the observe program. In a few cases, the visa requirement can be waived, even though at times an invitation letter might be required. Please take a look at our section on visas to recognize whether you may need one or can input into the united states freely.
The applicants who are not residents of the host country, yet still want to visit and study in Europe ought to settle on a visa. Joined with the visa, if the length of the course is over ninety days as it happens with a substantial bit of the students who want to complete a whole educational year or significantly the whole MBBS term in Europe, students ought to moreover pick the stay permit that empowers you to live in the appointed country for a period of one whole year.
As an issue of first significance, the student must download the application form from the web and fill it absolutely and truly. The checked-application outline must be trailed by other necessary reports, gave before long at the workplace/government office or the operator of the country you mean to study in.
2. Armenian Embassy in India
Now, there is an Armenian Embassy in India. The students can visit Armenia and stay there for 6 years until the course is completed.
They can visit Armenia Embassy in New Delhi for any query.
They issue visa permits for the Indian students who wants to study in Armenia.
3. Documents required for MBBS in Armenia
Also, the documents mentioned below:
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Birth Certificate in English or translated into English and notarized.
- Photo – 10 (4.5 x 3.5 cm, 70% Face )
- Official Invitation letter from the respective Medical University
- HIV test Reports
- Authorization of all archives from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents by the respective European Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee payment (required for some Universities).
4. Visa extensions
The University takes care of the expiration date of Visa and keep students updated. The officials remind students to renew the visa when required.
Step-1: Fill online application of college and pay documentation charges. Send the duplicates of Grade 10, 11 and 12 mark sheets, 12th leaving certificate and a valid passport.
Step-2: Once you finish stage 1, you will get your confirmation letter within 4 working days of your application. Then send your passport and all above-mentioned documents to our office. The college will send the confirmation letter and student visa will be stamped on your passport. Before beginning this procedure, you need to pay the second portion of your handling charges. Then send your passport and your visa will be issued as quickly as time permits depending on Embassy working days and process.
Step-3: After you receive your student visa, a welcome letter issued by University and the Admission letter by the college you are now prepared to travel to your dream college to pursue your MBBS degree.
Concentrate hard and satisfy your ultimate dream to be a Doctor and serve the general public.
Accommodation in Armenia
Universities provide dorms for students at reasonable fee. It could be inside the university campus or near maybe. Dorms for girls are separate. There will be a bed, study desk, laundry service and linens in each room. Also, there are separate kitchens for students to cook.
Sharing of Rooms
Students can rent a flat and share it with other students. Sharing an apartment would divide the rent among all and it would be cheap though.
Renting a flat is also an option but it would cost you a bit more than dorms or sharing flats. If a student has low budget, then renting a private room wouldn’t be a good idea.
Residence for students
Some builders build residences only for students near university campuses. These may differ in amenities and size but students can rent them at a reasonable cost .
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
ECTS is a credit system designed to make it easier for students to move between different countries. Since they are based on the learning achievements and workload of a MBBS course, a student can transfer their ECTS credits from one university to another so they are added up to contribute to an individual’s degree programs or training.
ECTS helps to make learning more student-centered. It is a central tool in the Bologna Process, which aims to make national systems more compatible.
ECTS also helps with the planning, delivery and evaluation of study programs, and makes them more transparent.
How does it work?
ECTS credits display the workload and prescribed learning result (“what the individual understands and can do”) in the given MBBS program. 60 points or credits are the equivalent to the complete year of work or study. In the proper curriculum, 60 points or credits would be usually broken down into several smaller components.
A typical “first cycle” (or Bachelor’s) Degree, would consist of 180 or 240 credits, whereas a typical “second cycle” (or Master’s) Degree, would consist of 90 or 120 credits, with at least 60 credits at second cycle level. The use of ECTS at the “third cycle” (or PhD level) varies. ECTS have been adopted by most of the countries in the European higher education area (EHEA), and is increasingly used elsewhere.
Emergency Contacts in Armenia
|Yerevan Gas Emergency Service||104|
|Long Distance Operators: International Calls||105|
|Calls within Armenia||107|
|Municipality of Yerevan City||108|
|Telephone Directory Information||109|
|Spyur Information Centre||51 99 99|
|Areg-Biz Information Centre||55 11 11|
|ATDA Tourist Information Centre||54 23 03|
At Studyeurope.in , you get the best of both worlds. We care for our students like nobody else does. We listen to all your queries, prepare a list of everything you will need to embark on this huge journey in your life and hold your hand at every step of the journey to make it as sweet and memorable as possible. Studying in Armenia will be a cake walk with us and we can assure you the most pleasant experience from the moment you associate with us.
- Training Centers/ Coaching for FMGE or Screening Test of MCI (Online): We will guide you with the best training centers or coaching institutes which will help you prepare for FMGE or screening test of MCI after your graduation from one of the MCI approved University in Armenia. We register and book your seats in advance at FMGE institutes to ensure assured success in the screening test of MCI.
- We provide you with authentic study notes for FMGE Test Series in order to ensure your accomplishment in the Screening Test of MCI.
- When it comes to educational counselling for pursuing a degree in a medical field we are the best in the industry. We have thorough research, knowledge and expertise to help you get an education in 8 countries, specifically focusing on the topmost Universities for Indian students in Armenia.
- We offer university selection guidance to help you choose from a list of cost-effective and top universities in Armenia for MBBS and provide admission assurance in MCI recognized MBBS colleges in Armenia.
- We help in the documentation for VISA application like stamping from Embassy & Ministry together with translating academic documents, notarization and apostil. We assure zero rejection of VISA issuance.
- We arrange safe travel help equipped with travel insurance to Universities and appropriate accommodation in abroad.
- We also provide further help in education counselling when you complete your MBBS Degree in Armenia, like if you want to continue your Post-Graduation program in medicine. We make you understand the various PG program in Medicine offered by international medical universities.
Hope we could cater the information you are looking for and were competent enough to satisfy your quest to Study MBBS in Armenia.
If you are a prospective student seeking admission in top medical universities for MBBS in Armenia or other foreign countries and belong to countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Malaysia, Israel, Namibia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, other Arab Countries, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia along with Turkey, Singapore, Zambia, South Africa, other African Countries, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe then feel free to get in touch with us to clear all your doubts. We at Studyeurope.in, focus on being your trusted ally for all your admission related queries on pursuing an MBBS degree in Abroad.
We are the authorized delegates of MCI Approved MBBS Universities in Armenia for students belonging to any of the upper mentioned nations for the year 2017-18.
Please do not look to study and work!
Some educational consultants are spreading wrong information that the students can study and work, hence covering up their living expenses. However, that is not true and no student should follow that.
This is because the Medical Education is not an easy task. The lectures are long, tiring and extremely demanding. There is also a need for self-study and all this does not leave any time for the students to work. If they start working during the MBBS course of their education then it will surely affect their exam grades. So, we sincerely advise all students to not look for study + work undergraduate programs when taking up medical education.
Q1. Is duration of the MBBS course for 5 years?
Ans.:- No, the MBBS course duration is about 6 years.
Q2. Can your parents and relatives visit you whilst your stay in Armenia?
Ans.:- Yes, anyone from your family can visit you in Armenia.
Q3. Is it possible to take a loan from banks for education?
Ans.:- Yes, Indian banks provide Education loan upto 15 lacs.
Q4. Are students to allowed to work while studying?
Ans.:- Yes, Students are allowed to work while studying but it is highly recommended for students not to work while studying MBBS in Armenia since it would be hard to manage. Also, MBBS course needs lots of concentration.
Q5. Are there scholarships for international students in Armenia?
Ans.:- Yes, there are around 251 scholarships for students which include scholarships for international students as well.