About Medical Education / MD / MBBS in Germany
There are plenty of benefits of studying MD / MBBS in Germany. Medical universities provide high quality of education, which gives international students a good exposure. Moving to a different country itself makes you experience various things which helps you to grow and learn about society and human behaviour. Since you need to get along with strangers and meet new people. It also helps a student to advance their future profession. Students gets to learn a new language which is also attractive when they go back to their home country. You experience an amazing life which you remember for years.
Some universities in Germany provide free education for international students. Also, the tuition fee is very low. So, if you want to study MBBS in Abroad, then Germany is the place.
WHY SHOULD AN INDIAN STUDENT APPLY MEDICINE IN GERMANY
Indian students prefer to choose Germany as their destination to study MBBS. Since the tuition fee for MBBS / MD in Germany is very low if compared to other countries. Universities in German provides world class education and is even listed as one of the best in medical system. Around 37 universities provide MBBS course in Germany. The duration of the course is 6 years which includes internship period also.
A student has to overcome three stages to become a certified doctor.
- First stage, it is for one year and students are taught clinical studies.
- Second stage, it is for two years followed by exam.
- Third stage, it includes 48 weeks of practical, oral and written exam of clinical studies.
*Only 5% of total seats are reserved for International students.
MBBS in Germany – Everything You Need to Know
|Last Date to Apply for MBBS in Germany||15th August|
|Basic Eligibility for MBBS in Germany||10+2 (Science) with 60% & NEET|
|MBBS in Germany Minimum Course Fee||5.10 Lakh/Year|
|English Proficiency for Germany MBBS||Required|
|Minimum Living Cost in Germany||15-20 Thousand/Month|
|Medium of Medical Education in Germany||English|
|MBBS Duration in Germany||6 Years|
Advantages of Study Medicine in Germany
- Low tuition fee for MBBS from Germany.
- Free education in some universities for international students.
- Get High quality education during MBBS Germany
- A beautiful county to explore
- Students from all over the world come to study MBBS course in Germany
- Speak both German and English during MBBS study in Germany.
- Work after completing the course of Medical education in Germany.
- Dialect is not a problem at all in the country since you can study or communicate in English.
- Affordable living expenses during MBBS in Germany.
- Apart from studies, you will get to live and explore a new place, one of the most developed and beautiful country.
- Prepare yourself for what is required to get into a German university, this increases the probability of getting admission.
Disadvantages of studying Medicine in Germany
When there are great things then it is obvious that there would be some not so great things too.
There are some avoidable disadvantages to study MBBS from Germany.
1. Civil services
You have to run from offices to offices to get things done while studying MBBS in Germany but this is something that happens in other countries too. So, nothing to worry about. All you can do is find the right person to get official things done without investing lot of time.
2. Learn dialect of Germany
while studying MBBS in Germany, you need to learn German language to communicate with local people during your MBBS in Germany. Also, learning the basics will help you too. You can enroll in German course to make it easy and interesting to learn the language.
3. New course structure
Definitely, studying Medical education in Germany will let you face a New course structure and studying a complete different pattern in a new country would be a challenge for Indian students while studying MBBS in Germany, since German grading system is different from Indian grading system. It could be confusing to understand. Things will get easier for you when you study hard from the beginning of the first year.
While studying MBBS/MD in Germany you just don’t need to enroll for the course but also for exams. So, in halfway of semester students forget to enroll for the exams. Read the exam regulations after getting into a university.
Tuition Fees of the Top MBBS Universities in Germany
|Name of University||Tuition Fee (INR)/ Year.|
|Witten/Herdecke University||7.90 Lakh/Year|
|Magdeburg University||7.40 Lakh/Year|
|Mϋnster University||6.80 Lakh/Year|
|Heidelberg University||5.90 Lakh/Year|
It’s made easy for you to understand the application procedure of studying MBBS from Germany since we have mentioned the process step by step below.
- Fill the enrolment form online.
- Submit the copies of mark-sheets, passport and procured documents.
- Receive the invitation letter from University.
- After the confirmation of admission, the immigration procedure will begin.
- Once you receive the invitation letter from the University please visit the German Embassy in Delhi.
Students are advised to apply by second week of July due to the competition to get MBBS admission in Germany.
There are around 37 universities and approximately 80,000 seats in total. Every year 10,000 students enrol in MBBS course.
Documents to be procured
These are the necessary documents needed for the visa to Study MBBS in Germany:
- A legitimate travel report/identification (At minimum 3 months up to its lapse date)
- A Documentation to demonstrate your plan to stay in Europe: You may exhibit the accompanying as a proof of methods for subsistence: trade out convertible money, explorer checks, check books for a remote cash account, charge cards or whatever other implies that ensures subsidizes in hard cash.
- Confirmation with respect to your convenience: This isn’t really required in the event that the students demonstrate that he/she will have adequate assets to keep up themselves amid their stay in the remote Schengen nation.
- Two current international ID estimated photographs (Appropriate for the assigned government office/department)
- Travel schedule
- Medical/travel protection legitimate for your whole remain in the Schengen nation
- Letter of acknowledgment from your college
- A bank receipt to demonstrate you have paid the handling charge
How to apply for a student visa for MBBS in Germany?
If a student wants to apply for a visa to study MBBS in Germany, one should apply at least 3 months before moving to the destination. You will have to contact the German embassy in India.
What documents required, when applying visa for MBBS in Germany?
- Filled application form
- Passport not expired
- Two passport size photographs
- Invitation letter sent by the university in German
- Academic record
- Copy of a bank receipt to show that you have enough funds
- Declaration of originality of submitted documents
It depends on the Embassy if they ask to show that a student doesn’t hold any criminal records.
To prove that you have sufficient funds to study MBBS from Germany is to deposit a security amount into blocked a account, you can’t withdraw this money after you arrive Germany.
Do not apply for Schengen Visa if you are planning to study in Germany for more than 3 months. You should apply for National Visa which is for study purposes.
Also, a student has to apply for RP (*Resident permit) after the arrival in Germany.
Residence permit process
In order to study MBBS Germany, once you arrive in Germany, you have to register with the office of Alien Registration within 2 weeks of arrival. It is necessary for a student to apply for residence permit for study reasons. Documents to be submitted are similar to what all documents are required for a visa
- Proof of health insurance
- Invitation letter of the university
- Sufficient funds proof
- Valid passport
- Student visa
- Agreement of tenancy
- Passport size photographs
- Fee to attain residence permit
*Check the fee online before you pay.
Germany: Deutschland, popularly known as the Federal Republic of Germany is a parliamentary republic in significant-western Europe. It consists of sixteen constituent states, covers a place of 357,021 square kilometers (137,847 square mi), and has a in large part temperate seasonal climate. With approximately 82 million inhabitants,
Germany is the most populous member country of EU. After the United States, it is the succeeding most popular immigration destination in the world. Germany’s capital and the largest metropolis city is Berlin, while its largest conurbation is the Ruhr, with its main centres of Dortmund and Essen. The other major cities of the nation are Hamburg, Cologne, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, Hannover, Bremen, Leipzig, Dresden and Nuremberg
German language is official and major spoken verbal communication in Germany. Preferred German language is intently associated with Low German, Afrikaans, Dutch, English and Frisian. To a lesser volume, it’s also associated with the languages of North Germanic. Maximum vocabulary in German language is originated from the department of Germanic language of Indo-EU language groups. Significant minorities of words are derived from Latin and Greek, with a smaller amount from French and most recently English (known as Denglisch). German is written using the Latin alphabet.
Climate in Germany
The climate of Germany is moderate and has normally not intervals of bloodless or warm climate. North-western and coastal Germany has a maritime influenced climate that is characterized with the aid of heat summers and slight cloudy winters. Maximum regions at the nation’s North beach have midwinter temperatures about 1.5°C or maybe higher. Farther inland, the weather is continental, marked with the aid of more seasonal variations in temperature, with warmer summers and less warm winters. Temperature extremes among night time and day and summer time and winter are extensively less inside the north than inside the south. At some point of January, the coldest month, the average temperature is ready 1.5°C in the north and approximately -2°C within the south. In July, the warmest month, it’s miles cooler within the north than within the south. The northern coastal place has July temperatures averaging between 16°C and 18°C; at some places within the south, the common is sort of 20°C or maybe barely better.
Similarly to the continental and maritime climates that dominate over maximum of the nation, the Alpine areas in the south and, to the less degree, a few areas of primary German Upland have mountain weather. This season is characterised by less temperatures because of better altitudes together with more precipitation as a result of air moisture-laden because it puts on higher terrain. The occasional situation inside the Alps are known as “föhn”, or heat wind. On this atmospheric circumstance, heat tropical air is blown across Alps and lose the moisture on the southern slopes of the mountains. From time to time those winds can be as sturdy as gales, and might purpose damage, especially in overdue autumn and winter.
especially in fall and wintry weather robust Atlantic low-pressure structures can convey gales and uncomfortable climate with showers, thunderstorms and heavy rain, particularly within the western coastal components and the mountainous regions of Germany; in summer season instances weaker low-stress structures can purpose showery climate, and every now and then even (severe) thunderstorms. Winters in Germany are usually moderate, however can sometimes be harsh with heavy blizzard and temperatures a long way under zero, mainly in the eastern, southern and mountainous areas.
Lightweights with rain wear for summer, waterproof Medium- to Heavyweights for winter. A sweater is necessary almost any time of year.
Religion in Germany – Christianity. About 65% to 70% of the population are followers of the Christian religion in Germany. They may be more or much less flippantly split between the conventional quantity of Calvinism united and Lutheran-Protestantism inside the EKD (Evangelical Church) and the Roman Catholic Church.
Time difference between Germany and India
Berlin (Germany – Berlin) CET UTC +1 hour
Mumbai (India – Maharashtra) IST UTC +5:30 hours
Is MBBS in Germany safe for Indian Students?
Crime rate in Germany is comparatively low. In Europe, Germany is one of the safest country for indian students. It is ranked 14th in the list of safest countries. What else would convince you?
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
ECTS is a credit framework intended to make it less demanding for students to move between various nations. Since they depend on the learning accomplishments and workload of an MBBS course, a student can exchange their ECTS credits starting with one college then onto the next so they are meant to add to a person’s degree program or preparing.
ECTS makes adapting more students eccentric. It is a focal apparatus in the Bologna Process, which means to make National frameworks better.
ECTS likewise assists with the arranging, conveyance and assessment of study projects, and makes them more straightforward.
How does ECTS function?
ECTS credits represent the workload and characterized learning results (“what the individual knows comprehends and can do”) of a given MBBS course or program. 60 credits are what might as well be called an entire year of study or work. In a standard scholastic year, 60 credits would be normally separated into several components.
A run of the mill “first cycle” (or Bachelor’s) Degree, would comprise of 180 or 240 credits, while a common “second cycle” (or Master’s) Degree, would comprise of 90 or 120 credits, with no less than 60 credits at second cycle level. The utilization of ECTS at the “third cycle” (or PhD level) shifts. ECTS has been embraced by a large portion of the nations in the European advanced education region (EHEA) and is progressively utilized somewhere else.
How MCI Approves the Universities?
MCI approves all the medical schools which are verified by the Indian Embassy (in the said country) to be providing a qualification which is a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in that country.
MCI Preparation after MBBS in Germany
The MBBS students studying in MBBS in Germany or somewhere else can benefit selective training offered by StudyEurope.in advisors to set you up for MCI or FMGE screening test. Just those Indian specialists are permitted to practice medicine in India that effectively clears the FMGE/MCI exam from recognized colleges abroad after MBBS in Germany. We give MCI test instructing to all students for all subjects as devised by MCI. Since it can be hard to increase viewpoint of Indian examination and be set up for 19 subjects upon return, numerous students incline towards taking their MCI coaching while they’re pursuing their MBBS in Abroad. By taking the right choice at the perfect time can enable you to keep the energy alive and proceed onward to the following level without losing time in the middle of transition stages.
Some imperative highlights of this exam include:
- This non-competitive exam covers MBBS exam syllabus only
- The examination paper comprises of 3 areas
- The design is MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) style
- Students must acquire 50% marks to clear the examination
- The examination is directed in June and December every year
- Students can take the exam unlimited times
You can converse with our training specialists at StudyEurope.in to find out about the accessible bundles for our Indian students. We give online examination material, video lectures and lots more, helping the students get ready for the MCI screening test.
Services Offered By StudyEurope.in for MBBS in Germany
- If the students have any doubts about the course or the university, we provide immediate support via phone, email, and visits.
- We help the students in choosing the right course in the right university.
- We provide support in filling up the admission form with proper documentation.
- We provide support in forwarding the form to the concerned university and keep the student in the loop with the replies that the university has provided.
- We receive the offer letter from the university on the behalf of the student making it an even easier process for the student.
- We provide assistance in applying for the educational loan.
- We help in filing for the visa and provide support for getting the visa.
- We provide airport pick and drop facility in India as well as in Germany via our representatives from the university.
- We arrange for the accommodation in the university.
- We provide assistance in the medical test required by the university on arrival of the student.
- We help in getting the student ID card, opening a bank account and settling down.
- We provide assistance in arranging rooms for female students separately.
- We provide visa renewal support as well.
- We provide assistance in arranging flights to home country for the holidays.
- We are the authorized delegates of MCI Approved MBBS Universities in Germany for students belonging to any of the upper mentioned nations for the year 2017-18.
If you are a prospective student seeking admission in top medical universities for MBBS in Germany or other foreign countries and belong to countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Malaysia, Israel, Namibia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, other Arab Countries, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia along with Turkey, Singapore, Zambia, South Africa, other African Countries, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe then feel free to get in touch with us to clear all your doubts. We at StudyEurope.in, focus on being your trusted ally for all your admission related queries on pursuing an MBBS degree in Abroad.