Why Study in Latvia?
Latvia is a multi-ethnic country with it’s rich cultural and educational traditions. It is placed in North Eastern Europe, by the Baltic Sea, and sees its role as a bridge between the East and the West. This country provides world class higher education system to the students.
Latvia has 60 state and private colleges, university colleges and universities. More than 50 of these higher education institutions have been established since Latvia became independent from the Soviet Union. Higher education or MBBS in Latvia manages the Bologna education system and categorised into three parts: bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral studies. Latvian institutions provide a high quality education at a reasonable price, including tuition, fees and cost of living expenses.
Latvia offers college students, the first-rate in world class education, each in terms of streams and variety of observing programs. With one of the quickest growing economies within the EU, the Latvian commercial enterprise sectors are buoyant, supplying terrific possibilities to worldwide students. If you plan to pursue an MBBS degree in Latvia, then after your graduation from Latvian universities you can apply in health care industry and get a bright chance of getting a bright future in European countries after MBBS in Latvia.
Why Study MBBS in Latvia?
The MBBS degree in Latvia is called as MD. The entire MD program is available with the duration of 6 years. The admission process is very simple without any entrance examination, TOEFL and IELTS. The Indian students who wish to study MD in Latvia must have completed the higher secondary from the recognized school, including Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics subjects.
The good thing is that the Latvian medical degree is recognized worldwide. The medical bodies such as the World Health Organization, the European Union, The international Medical Education Directory, the Medical council of India and the General Medical Council of UK have listed the Universities of Latvia as well equipped and standard educational institutions. They provide high quality medical curriculum and research facilities to students.
The Latvia offers higher and standard medical education at lower tuition fees. The fee for MBBS in Latvia is lesser than other European countries offering the same programs. Many universities offer scholarships to international students. The living cost in the country is very low which enables to study the needed education spending very less money.
The Latvian medical universities offer programs like Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing and Physiotherapy and so on while studying MBBS in Latvia. The student can choose any of the courses of study is according their choices and interest. The courses are offered both in Latvian and English. The International students get special attention in Latvia. They are handled by the faculties who are specialized in the field. The universities give career guarantees on their admission to students. They get ample opportunities to find a suited career for them. With the obtained Latvian medical degree students are allowed to apply for the key role in the medical industries. The students of Latvia are offered to work in any European nation through the key skills and knowledge obtained during their studies. There have been thousands of Latvian MD graduates who have got their successful placements in the medical industries around the world. The medical students are given training of 3 to 5 years. After their successful study and internship, they are licensed to practice as doctors in Latvia.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Latvia
- One of the advantages is that Students can pursue the program easily from the universities in Latvia as the tuition fee and the living cost in Latvia are very affordable. Students will get direct entry into the colleges. As there are no entrance examination facilities.
- The MBBS Universities in Latvia are recognised by WHO and MCI.
- The medium of instruction is in English. Hence, Indian students will not face any problem while communicating.
- The medical degree holds an international recognition. The degree is valid worldwide.
- There is no entrance examination conducted by the University for the admission of students. The admission process in the university is very easy. Students can easily get admission to the colleges.
- Scholarship facilities are available in the colleges. There are ample of Scholarships available for the foreign students.
- The teaching faculties are highly experienced.
- There are accommodations in hostels for the International students. Students will get separate hostel accommodations for boys and girls.
- During the course, students will get the opportunity to do their internship in quality hospitals.
- Here you can opt for part time jobs. 20 Hours per Week Part Time Job Allowed .
- Above all, you will get an excellent medical curriculum and research facilities.
There are some eligibility criteria for MBBS in Latvia, set for the students by the university. To get through the Universities in Latvia, first you have to meet the eligibility criteria and then you can proceed. Following are eligibility criteria, have a check –
- Students should complete their secondary education which is 12th standard.
- Pass the 12th Class with minimum 65% in English, Biology and Chemistry
- Although there is no TOEFL and IELTS required but you have to provide the official transcript of grades to secondary English learning document.
- There is no age bar studying medicine in Latvia medical universities.
- You need to submit the school leaving certificate, a birth certificate, and a notarized police clearance certificate.
- A valid passport and a scanned copy of all the pages of the passport.
If you are looking to apply MBBS in Latvia to pursue your medical degree, then we have got you covered. Our team of experts will guide through the entire process without any nuisance. This is your chance to study MBBS in Latvia in prime MCI approved Medical Universities at very reasonable prices. Let us tell you about the process.
- Have educational documents and transcriptional of records certified
- Send documents to the university’s admission office
- The University sends documents for recognition
- Recognition takes almost 1 month time
- If educational documents are recognised, university sends agreement
- Students sign the agreement
- Students pay 1st year tuition fees (some universities may ask for security deposit)
- The University informs about residence permit (RP) application process
- The University sends a call number to apply for RP
- Students submit documents for RP at Embassy of Latvia
- Documents should be submitted only at the Embassy of Latvia in New Delhi
Latvia Embassy in India
Indian Students (Non-European applicants) are required to have a residence permit
- What is a residence permit? The residence permit, a file providing a citizenship to the non-European, the authority to live in Latvia for a specific time period (a brief residence permit) or completely (an everlasting residence permit).
- What are the instances a residence allow is important? The permit of residence is important if you are inclined to live in Latvia for more than 90 days within half of a 12 months counting from the first day of front the territory of Latvia.
- Index of documents than are required to be submitted for the residence permit is available on the website of the Citizenship and Migration Affairs of the LR Ministry of Internal Affairs: Go to the link
- List of nations from in which students can arrive in Latvia without visas and stay in Latvia for up to ninety days Go to the link
Hence sixty days are usually take to manner the visa documents for the house allow, it’s far strongly encouraged when you begin collecting the documents indexed underneath as quickly as you obtain admission permission or even earlier than that.
- 2 Copies of 10th and 12th Mark sheet & Certificates
- 3 Photographs
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Study fee payment (provided by receiving university)
- Degree certificate attested by Ministry of External Affairs India for study programs
- Work experience letter –If applicable
After the issuance of the Letter of Acceptance from the University, Indian students should apply at the Latvia embassy in Delhi for the visa. Here is Visa process, you will need to follow before going for MBBS in Latvia.
- Completed application form http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/home/services/residence-permits/applications.html
- A photocopy of the passport, valid at least 12 months from the application day.
- The original Certificate of admission to the Medical University issued by the Bulgarian “Ministry of Education, Youth and Science”
- Bank receipt for the proof of the payment of tuition fees
- Passport size photo with white background having date time and the name of studio
- Proof of address for accommodation in Bulgaria
- Bank statements of the past 6 months
- Health insurance for the student’s residence in Bulgaria
- A CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) Check which can be obtained at the student’s local police station
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
ECTS is a credit framework intended to make it less demanding for students to move between various nations. Since they depend on the learning accomplishments and workload of an MBBS course, a student can exchange their ECTS credits starting with one college, then on to the next so they are meant to add to a person’s degree program or preparing.
ECTS makes adapting more students eccentric. It is a focal apparatus in the Bologna Process, which means to make National frameworks better.
ECTS likewise assist with the arranging, conveyance and assessment of student projects, and makes them more straightforward.
The function of ECTS?
ECTS credits display the workload and prescribed learning result (“what the individual understands and can do”) in the given MBBS program. 60 points or credits are the equivalent to the complete year of work or study. In the proper curriculum, 60 points or credits would be usually broken down into several smaller components.
A run of the mill “first cycle” (or Bachelor’s) Degree, would comprise of 180 or 240 credits, while a common “second cycle” (or Master’s) Degree, would comprise of 90 or 120 credits, with no less than 60 credits at second cycle level. The utilization of ECTS at the “third cycle” (or PhD level) shifts. ECTS have been embraced by a large portion of the nations in the European advanced education, region (EHEA) and is progressively utilized somewhere else.
How MCI Approves the Universities?
MCI approves all the medical schools which are verified by the Indian Embassy (in the said country) to be providing a qualification which is a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in that country.
MCI Toll-free number: 180-011-1154
The MBBS students studying in Latvia or somewhere else can benefit selective training offered by StudyEurope.in advisers to set you up for MCI or FMGE screening test. Just those Indian specialists are permitted to practice medicine in India that effectively clears the FMGE/MCI exam from recognized colleges abroad. We give MCI test instructing to all students in all subjects as devised by MCI. Since it can be hard to increase viewpoint of Indian examination and be set up for 19 subjects upon return, numerous students incline towards taking their MCI coaching while they’re pursuing their MBBS in a foreign country. By taking the right choice at the perfect time can enable you to keep the energy alive and proceed onward to the following level without losing time in the middle of transition stages.
Some imperative highlights of this exam include:
- This non-competitive exam covers MBBS exam syllabus only
- The examination paper comprises of 3 areas
- The design is MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) style
- Students must acquire 50% marks to clear the examination
- The examination is directed in June and December every year
- Students can take the exam unlimited times
You can converse with our training specialists at StudyEurope.in to find out about the accessible bundles for our Indian students. We give online examination material, video lectures and lots more, helping the students get ready for the MCI screening test.
The Services Offered By StudyEurope.in
- If the students have any doubts about the course or the university, we provide immediate support via phone, email, and visits.
- We help the students in choosing the right course in the right university.
- We provide support in filling up the admission form with proper documentation.
- We provide support in forwarding the form to the concerned university and keep the student in the loop with the replies that the university has provided.
- We receive the offer letter from the university on the behalf of the student making it an even easier process for the student.
- We provide assistance in applying for the educational loan.
- We help in filing for the visa and provide support in obtaining the visa.
- We provide airport pick and drop facility in India as well as in Latvia via our representatives from the university.
- We arrange for the accommodation in the university.
- We provide assistance in the medical test required by the university on arrival of the student.
- We help in getting the student ID card, opening a bank account and settling down.
- We provide assistance in arranging rooms for female students separately.
- We provide visa renewal support as well.
- We provide assistance in arranging flights to home country for the holidays.
- We are the authorized delegates of MCI Approved MBBS Universities in Latvia for students belonging to any of the upper mentioned nations for the year 2017-18.
If you are a prospective student seeking admission in top medical universities for MBBS in Latvia or other foreign countries and belong to countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Malaysia, Israel, Namibia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, other Arab Countries, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia along with Turkey, Singapore, Zambia, South Africa, other African Countries, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe then feel free to get in touch with us to clear all your doubts. We at StudyEurope.in, focus on being your trusted ally for all your admission related queries on pursuing an MBBS degree in Abroad.
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.
Call Us: +91-011 400 78 530 or Write us: email@example.com
Visit Our Office: 188, U Block, 1st Floor Shakarpur, East Delhi-110092 (India)