Kazan State Medical University
KSMU is adjustable international university with flexibility in its nature, fee structure, course curriculum, academics, events and conferences. The university is attractive enough to generate young overseas crowd by its favourable study methods and norms.
Introduction- Kazan state medical university is a federal body governed by Russian federation has an experience in medical field for more than 200 years in multilevel higher-educational medical learning. Today the university comprises of-
- 66 departments
- 9 faculties
- More than 1600 staff members
The university makes optimum utilisation of their resources without causing any harm to environment or living being. The university is best in providing training on how to cope up with competitive world and to face challenging situations.
In 1994 the university finally issued its licence as a federal governance and functions as a governing body in the field of education. The university was second earliest university started in Kazan with the aim of making professionals for higher position and for 11 republics.
Ranking and recognition- According to European standards of ranking and reputation KSMU stands on 2nd position by 2017 among the medical universities in Russia.
The university also got recognised by many statutory bodies who has a legal entity in authorising medical education. Such as-
- Medical council of India. (MCI)
- World health organization. (WHO)
- World directory of medical schools. (AVICENNA directory of medicine).
- ECFMG (USA).
Why MBBS IN KSMU?
There are many effective reason of why one should join KSMU for medical education. Some of them are-
- 2nd oldest medical university after St. Petersburg.
- Only university in the entire Kazan which gets recognised by ministry of education and science by Russian federation.
- Recognised by ECFMG (USA).
- Wold class faculty across globe are doing researches and teaching in KSMU.
- Flexibility of choosing mode of study either Russian/English.
- Collaborations with almost every continent so that the students would get worldwide exposure.
- The university has total 9 faculties but has specialised in medicine as the oldest one.
During eighteenth century in Russia only St. Petersburg and Moscow was getting educational target hub for people but then Kazan was coming up with KSMU that later on became the only university which gives training to doctors to nearby states of Russia like Volga, Siberia, Ural etc.
In the year 1990, the clinical department in faculty of medicine was made in the name of Varsonofev which gives a huge impact on socio-clinical schools in Russia. During 19th century several medical schools in Kazan was established at international level in the name of famous scientists.
The most famous personality who are the part of federation of Russian government are graduated from the university. Many renowned healthcare specialists who are now working in the ministry of health care of Russian federation are the alums of the university.
Education at Kazan state medical university
The university fully allows students to choose English medium to overseas students as a mode of study at every year and Russian language for the residents.
And with the perspective of communication with Russian patients the university has put an optional Russian language course for four years.
As the university stands on 3rd position among all medical schools in Russia it has framed the standard of education which is far away qualitative than other universities.
The university totally follows European credit transfer system which includes 2 semesters in an academic year.
- Autumn semester
- Spring semester
Students would be judged according to their performance in the semester as satisfactory, good, very good, excellent in terms of grade points.
Fee structure of courses at KSMU
|Course||duration||Total fees in Ruble.||Hostel fees in Ruble.|
|General medicine||6 years||335000||11970|
|Medical biology||6 years||160000||11970|
|Preventive medicine||6 years||200000||11970|
Main Faculties and institution
- General medicine- The Performa of medicine in the university provided M.D for the medical graduated which is equivalent to MBBS The course laid emphasis on practical training as well as theoretical concepts to study diseases deeper like aetiology, pathological psychology, epidemiology, clinical methods and practices and many more. During training period students are allowed to practice in clinics and hospitals to relate the theoretical aspects in practical life.
- Dentistry- The duration of entire course is 5 years including 1 year of apprenticeship. The course required practical training as well as classroom learning to adopt in practicality and the classroom training includes quizzes, MCQs test, lectures, laboratory work, practical, assignments, examinations etc.
- The university has 27 specialities in clinical training program and 35 specialities in Ph.D. programs which gives enough practical exposure to students.
- University provides accommodation other than hostels to international students as they have tie-ups with the housing agents and provide more like home facilities under one roof.
- The university has library facility which includes 10000 books, 2000 hand written books by famous scientists, more than 3000 updated versions of research papers.
- University laboratory is equipped with
All essential chemicals and equipment’s that can be use on day to day basis.
- The university is having 7 museums enriched with historical sculptures and artefacts.
The university has signed memorandum of understandings with international medical schools of more than 25 countries in different specializations. The university also allows the students to go an exchange programs to any of the partner university in their preferred specializations.
List of the partner universities
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Carilion Clinic, USA
- University of Vermont College of Medicine, USA
- School of Medicine, University of Virginia, USA
- Western Connecticut Health Network, USA
- Pathology Research Branch& National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, USA
- Makerere university of health sciences.
- Yamaguchi University, Japan
- Ahmet Yesevi University, Kazakhstan
- Astana Medical University, Kazakhstan
- Karaganda State Medical University, Kazakhstan
- Ruby Hall Clinic, India
- Syrian Private University, Syria
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Kirgizia
- Andijan State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
- Nukus branch of Tashkent Paediatric Medical Institute, Uzbekistan.
- Tajik State Medical University, Tajikistan
- Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
- Bukovinian State Medical University, Ukraine
- University of Strasbourg, France
- University of Milan, Italy
- University of Salerno, Italy
- Bogomolets National Medical University, Ukraine
- University of Eastern Finland.
University also allows the internship programs from abroad as they are the member of International federation of medical student’s association which has students from more than 100 countries for internship program.
Fee Structure of Kazan State Medical University
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year||6th year|
|Tuition fee||8200 USD||8200 USD||8200 USD||8200 USD||8200 USD||8200 USD|
Living Cost – 1000 USD Per Year
Main features of university
Rector- prof. Aleksey sozinov
How to reach university?
The university is located in main city Kazan, Russia.
Address-49, ulitsa butlerova, Kazan, Russia (420012).
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.
Call Us: +91-011 400 78 530 or Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Our Office: 188, U Block, 1st Floor Shakarpur, East Delhi-110092 (India)