Siberian State Medical University
Founded back in 1888, Siberian State Medical University is among the oldest and most popular universities in Russia. Its advanced programs and state-of-the-art facilities have encouraged a lot of Russian as well as foreign students to pursue their degrees in the university. The availability of highly qualified faculty and affordability of the education have made it easier for the foreign students to do MBBS in Russia from Siberian State Medical University.
When the university was founded, the main aim of the institute was to perform research and provide education to the students. As the time passed by, it became an important hub for the best medical, scientific and educational complexes in Russia for the training of highly professional healthcare professionals. The university deals in a number of fields in medicine including pathology, histology, internal medicine, microbiology, pharmacology, paediatrics, surgery, etc.
The university has 7 faculties with best professors, three anatomic museums, pharmaceutical college, medical college, state of the art research centers, its own clinics and with a unique collection. It also stands proudly for the largest scientific medical library.
As per the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation, the university is among the top 5 Russian universities in the field of Medicine. The university provides education to 5000 students every year. The fees structure of the university is affordable and the students can easily find accommodation in and around the university. The different departments and faculties in the university provide latest and modern education to the students. With 100% job satisfaction, the university offers a fair chance to all students to establish a foundation of better future.
- The main aim of the university is to provide advanced education in the field of medicine.
- The university concentrates on the overall development of the students and prepares them for future.
- The university has a special center for the foreign students that help them in settling down.
- The fees structure of the university is affordable and it is recognized by all major countries and financial institutes.
- A large portion of the university comprises of foreign students coming from countries like India, Pakistan, Ukraine and many others.
- The University offers scholarships as well.
- The university has well-equipped research centers and labs.
Facts and Figures of Siberian State Medical University
|Affiliation||Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation|
|How to Reach||Tomsk, Russia|
How to Reach Siberian State Medical University
The University is located at 2 Moskovsky trakt, Tomsk, 634055. The location is well connected with road and other means of transport. The University has a special center for students coming from distant locations and helps them in finding accommodation and other facilities in or near the university.
Highlights of the University
- It is ranked among the top 5 universities in Russia.
- The faculty is highly professional.
- The university has well equipped modern labs and libraries.
- The university offers 100% job placement for its students.
- It is one of the oldest universities in Russia.
- It is recognized by international organizations like WHO and UNESCO.
- General Medicine GP/Physician (MD)
- General Medicine Dentistry (MD)
- Paediatrics (MD)
- Health Care Management and Social Work
- Preparatory Department
The Faculty offers various forms of training:
- Short-term (2 weeks) intensive seminars
- Continuing medical education (1-2 months)
- Advanced medical specialization training (4-6 months)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Regenerative medicine, Physiotherapy and Health Resort
- Infectious Diseases
- General practice and outpatient therapy
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
Training and Refreshment Courses are Conducted in the following Specialties:
- Radiodiagnosis and radiotherapy
- Medical Genetics
- Medical and Biological Cybernetics
- Public health and healthcare
- Medical English
- General English
- English for global education
There is also an English Speaking Club where a new session on Saturdays every two weeks.
Alexander Sergeyevich Makarov
- Library: The University has one of the biggest libraries in the region. It can accommodate 500+ students at any given time. The students have access to course material, journals from across the globe and huge international database in electronic form. The library is open 7 days a week.
- Labs: The University has dedicated labs in all faculties with latest and modern equipment. The technicians and professors help the students in understand the modern methods and equipment.
- Hostel: The University has large dormitories which can accommodate both Russian and Foreign students. The special student center also helps the students in finding accommodation nearby the University.
- Cultural programs: The University has special student organizations that help in overall development of the enrolled students of the university.
There are a number of different societies and clubs which students can join and learn about the culture of the area. Some of the important organizations are:
- SSMU Student union
- Student research community
- Student Dormitory Council
- Student medical team unit
- SSMU student construction brigade
- SSMU student volunteer organization
- SSMU choir
- SSMU KVN
- SSMU dance team
- Tourist club
- SSMU sports club
The university celebrates a few holidays on which regular operations are on hold. There are some cultural festivals on these events which include:
- January 1, 2 – New Year
- January 7 – Orthodox Christmas
- February 23 – Defender of the Fatherland Day
- March 8 – International Women’s Day
- May 1 – Spring and Labor Day
- May 9 – Victory Day
- June 12 – Independence Day
- November 4 – Conciliation and Goodwill Day
Apart from that, the university also organizes special lectures and seminars for the students across faculties. Professors, scientists and highly qualified medical professionals from different parts of the world visit the university to provide wisdom to the students. These lectures help the students to prepare for the future and give them an idea what they can expect in their professional careers.
In-House Clinics and Wellness Centers
The university offers a wide range of services for the patients from around the world. These services also provide students an opportunity to observe the experts at work. These services include:
- Services for corporate clients
- Corrective nutrition Immuno
- Program of SibGMU clinics: Check-up
- Preparation for surveys
The university has 8 research centres in a different field to encourage students to find new horizons in the field of medicine. These research centers are:
- Molecular Medicine
- Innovative Technologies in Morphology
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Pharmaceuticals)
- Biocompatible materials and Bioengineering
- Laser technologies in medical diagnostics
- Experimental and Clinical Immunology
- Evidence-based medicine
The labs at the universities organize special seminars on regular intervals where students and professors exchange ideas and discuss new innovations. The labs include:
- Laboratory of Clinical and Experimental Pathophysiology
- Laboratory of Histological, Immunohistochemical and electron microscopy methods
- Plant Biology Lab
- Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Laboratory of processing of biomedical information
- Laboratory of biological modelling
- Laboratory of electrosurgery
Why is Siberian State Medical University Recommended for Indian Students?
The university is recognized by all major countries and banks which make it much easier for the Indian students to acquire educational loans. Once selected, the university provides all the necessary documents which a bank may ask for the loan. Also, when the student reaches the university, the special student center for foreign students help the students in settling down by providing them support for accommodation and other facilities.
There are a large number of Indian students already studying in the university which makes it much easier for the new students to adjust in the new place. It is quite easy to find Indian food around the university which allows the students to eat healthy and nutrient-rich food and concentrate properly on the studies.
Tuition Fees in Siberian State Medical University, Russia 2019/20
|Fee Pattern||Total Fee 1st Year||Fees 2nd-6th/ Year||Grand Total|
|Per Year||3000 USD||3000 USD||18,000 USD|
- Hostel Fees = 500 USD Per Year
- Food Cost = 150 USD Per Month
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees for Studying MBBS in Russia is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Benefits of Availing Education from the University
- The university is ranked among the top five medical universities in Russia.
- It has highly professional faculty.
- The labs and library of the university are equipped with all modern amenities that are necessary for top class education.
- The university has dedicated department for the foreign students that help them in finding accommodation and other facilities in and around the University.
- The fees structure is well within the affordable range.
- The university has special organizations and societies that help the overall growth of the student.
- The university organizes annual events, lectures, and seminars to help students prepare for the professional life.
- The job placement of the university is close to 100%.
- It is recognized by major international organizations like WHO etc.
- The university has in-house clinics and wellness centers that provide students firsthand experience of working in the field.
- The research labs of the university provide a special room for innovation and new ideas in the field of medicine.
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.
Call Us: +91- 926-662-2503 or Write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Our Office: 188, U Block, 1st Floor Shakarpur, East Delhi-110092 (India)