Engineering in Poland
Every year, several students from around the globe move to Poland to pursue technical education. This is testimony to the high quality of education in the field of technology imparted to the students. If you wish to pursue a career in engineering which is challenging and fast-paced, Poland is the place to be. Technology being one the fastest growing fields in Poland enables institutes in the country to keep up with the pace globally. Poland has an excellent system of education in place, which further compliments the existing ecosystem.
With a host of Polish Technical Universities in different cities around the country, a huge mass of international students migrate to Poland every year for higher education. The technical education imparted here is a combination of excellent quality of education and umpteenth practical exposure. These two qualities together make it a hub for students who wish to pursue engineering.
The engineering students from Poland have proved their mettle across global competitions over the years. In the field of IT too, these students have left their mark on the globe. Under the faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology in 2012, the students of Poland made the first artificial satellite. The cooperation from the Space Research Centre of the Polish Academy of Sciences rendered greatly in this aspect.
One of the most popular destinations for technical education across Europe, Poland has emerged as a preferred destination for students who wish to pursue engineering abroad.
One of the key aspects about pursuing engineering in Poland is that a host of international organizations come to Poland every year to hire fresh talent. The colleges and Universities here, offer an unmatched opportunity to the students to establish their career with the biggest multinationals around the globe. To the extent that statistics prove that every 9th President of the top 500 Corporate in the country is an alumnus of Warsaw University of Technology.
While the quality of education offered continues to a highlight, regular Bachelor’s Degree Course in Engineering has a tuition fee, which ranges from €3000 – €4500 per year which is quite affordable for Indian students. The low fee and economical cost of living is a huge relief for the students.
The Top Engineering Colleges and Universities in Poland are:
- Warsaw University of Technology
Built upon the traditions of Polish technical universities, Warsaw University of Technology is one of the finest Institutes in all of Europe to pursue engineering. Started way back in the year 1915, this Institute has set global standards by producing generations of graduates and has had an increasing number of scientific and technical achievements.
- Poznan University of Technology
The Institute is ranked amongst the top 6% of world universities. Several graduates from PUT computer faculty work in Microsoft Inc. USA and several other global multinationals. In 1995 it became the first Polish university to become a member of the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER), an organization comprising the best technical universities in Europe.
- Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology
One of the best non-state institutions to pursue engineering in Poland, Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology has been setting high standards ever since its inception. Founded in the year 1994, this Institute renders expertise from the best in Poland as well as Japan. With great focus on practical skills, it employs outstanding specialists, researchers and academic teachers from Poland, as well other countries.
- Kielce University of Technology
A modern school with several teaching and research capabilities, the Kielce University of Technology has five faculties: the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture, the Faculty of Environmental, Geomantic and Energy Engineering, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatic Control and Computer Science, the Faculty of Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering, and the Faculty of Management and Computer Modeling.
- Bialystok University of Technology
One of the largest universities in North-East Poland, Bialystok University of Technology was established in 1941. This university has a host of international collaborations and certifications which enable it to stand out as compared to others in the league. With modernized laboratories and new facilities, this Institute is preferred by students from around the globe.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying Engineering in Poland
The Eligibility Criteria for Studying Engineering in Poland is standard as other countries around the globe. It entails:
- The student should have completed 11 years of formal school education
- The students should own a valid passport for visa application
- School leaving certificate of the candidate is mandatory
- Duly filled up application form for the University/ College
- Medical certificate proving good health of the candidate
- Alongside the student is expected to submit: Photocopy of birth certificate, passport, valid VISA and a copy of medical test & insurance
While some of the Polish Universities need these documents to be duly verified by the Embassy of Poland in India (Delhi) but it is not a mandate for institutions.
Scope after completing Engineering in Poland
The excellent training that is imparted to the students alongside the varied practical exposure aids greatly in becoming a well-rounded engineer and gaining expertise across all the subjects. The most advanced tools and techniques that are employed alongside the recent teaching and training methods help students to become great engineers. Known for their excellence and expertise in the field of technology, several large organizations from around the world hire engineers from Poland. The students are offered great profiles alongside a good pay to extend their career in engineering.
Poland is the right destination to pursue engineering since there are a number of World Class Polish Universities open for foreign students that have several international programs in place. Keeping in mind the fact that there is a great demand of Polish Engineers globally and post students are awarded with high paying jobs after completing the degree; Poland definitely surfaces as a key destination to pursue engineering. The students have the opportunity to obtain permanent residence visa anywhere in Europe is another added plus. The Schengen VISA allows candidates to travel freely across the globe while on the path of an excellent and rewarding career in engineering.
How we can help you in Studying Engineering in Poland
One of the leading Study Abroad Consultant based in Delhi, Eklavya Consulting has been offering help and guidance to students for over ten years now. The company was formed with the objective of guiding the students to a right career path and has been successful in enabling that for over 10 years now. Having helped more than 5000 students settle abroad over the last few years, currently around 700 students are studying in Poland through our counseling.
The host of services provided by us to ensure your migration is smooth includes:
- Complete assistance when it comes to choosing the university or the college that best suits the needs of the students
- Guiding through the scope of different Engineering Streams and future developments
- We offer end to end solution for bachelor degree in engineering starting from all the hassles of the admission process
- Since we understand well the procedure of Polish Technical Education, we do complete application process on behalf of the students alongside processing the VISA application form
If you wish to embark on a great career in this field and want to have no impediments as you go on to become a successful engineer, Poland is the place to be.
Let’s have a look at the various Bachelors Engineering programs available in Polish universities:-
- Aerospace Engineering: The principle of engineering closest to rocket science, this field is concerned with the development of aircraft and spacecraft. The foundation level courses include Heat Transfer, Material Science, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics. With several organizations like NASA, SpaceX and Boeing venturing in the field, this is truly a stream of the future.
- Agricultural and Forest Engineering: These engineers are associated with managing, supervising and planning irrigation, drainage, flood water control systems, performing environmental impact assessments and effluent systems. The future entails a successful career in private engineering firms, agricultural machinery, equipment, processing technology, etc.
- Architecture and Urban Planning: This field is associated with the technical and political process concerned with allocation of infrastructural resources. This aids in optimal development of rural, sub-urban and urban areas. Architecture as we know it is the practice of designing and constructing physical structures. The complexities associated with them foster this as a challenging field to pursue one’s career in.
- Automation and Robotics: Associated with skills and training for high-level automation, this field is fast developing across the globe. It is the amalgamation of several different areas of engineering. The role of engineers in this field is to design, build and maintain these complicated machines.
- Biomedical Engineering: This field of engineering encompasses several fields that act as a cross-section between medical sciences and engineering. Covering aspects like bioinformatics this field aims at combining the design and problem solving skills of engineering with medical and biological sciences to advance health care treatment, including diagnosis, monitoring, and therapy.
- Environmental Engineering: These engineers are in literal terms the saviors of Mother Nature. This field borrows its curriculum from soil science, chemistry and biology in efforts to save the earth and come up with renewable alternatives to living. The main focus areas are the improvement of waste disposal, public health, and water and air pollution control.
- Civil Engineering: This field of engineering is associated with design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
- Computer Engineering: This field integrates several aspects from Information Technology and electrical engineering. They are trained equally competently in both the hardware aspects of the computer as well as the coding and algorithms associated with the software of the computer.
- Electrical engineering: The field of study that borrows its principles from electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism; this field has a great deal of its pioneer companies in the Forbes 500 list. Power Systems, Energy Studies, Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, High Voltage engineering, Signal Processing, Image Processing and Multimedia, Biomedical Imaging, Machine Learning, etc. are some of the topics covered in this stream.
- Information Technology: This is the study of integration of systems in the form of computers and telecommunication devices to send and receive information in the form of data. With the big data revolution around the corner, this is one of the most relevant fields to be associated with. As organizations continue to mint millions based purely on data, this is the field of the future.
- Power Engineering: This field deals with the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electric power and the electrical devices connected to such systems including generators, motors and transformers. As the struggle for power sources between both the developed and developing countries continue, this is the field to pursue in the current times.
- Mechanical engineering: This field is associated with the design, construction, and use of machines. A field that is considered the basic upon which other fields of engineering were formed, this course includes in depth study of aspects like design, developments, production, manufacturing etc. It is a diverse subject that derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small individual parts and devices (e.g., micro scale sensors and inkjet printer nozzles) to large systems (e.g., spacecraft and machine tools).
- Oil and Gas Technology: Technology in this field has been the pioneer of altering how this stream functions. From logistics, to transfers, exploration and utilization; this stream of engineering has changed all the bets from the past and emerged as an entirely new field.
- Computational Mechanics: Computational mechanics is a scientific discipline that marries physics, computers, and mathematics to emulate natural physical phenomena. With natural disasters and increased human interferences into the natural course of functioning of the environment, this is an extremely relevant field in the current scenario.
- Machine Design: The field mostly associated with fostering research and development has served as an innovator in the field of mechanical design, design engineers and managers in OEM, processing. The technical aspects are extremely complex as well as relevant in the current times.
- Thermal Power Systems and Installations: This field of engineering borrows its expertise from electrical and power engineering. It is a challenging task to integrate a number of highly sophisticated technologies used in thermal power plants so that plants operate efficiently, economically and reliably under various operating conditions. The field aims at empowering the following sector.
- Road Engineering: Also known as highway engineering, this is a subset of civil engineering. It involves planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of roads, bridges, and tunnels to ensure safe and effective transportation of people and goods. This is done to ensure that resources are utilized in the most optimum manner to reach the final destination.
- Transportation Management and Railway Vehicle Engineering: This field of engineering aims at understanding how the operation and maintenance of the tracks, signal systems, tunnels and bridges takes place. The basics to advances of transportation management are covered in here.
- Supply Chain Management: This field of engineering regulates the management of the flow of goods and services, involves the movement and storage of raw materials, of work-in-process inventory, and of finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption. This is done to ensure that resources are utilized in the most optimum manner to reach the final destination.
- Biotechnology: This field of technology deals with the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, etc. and the exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes. With the world population on the rise along with several key environmental issues rising; this field has its cope greatly in the future.
- Optics: Optical engineers design components of optical instruments such as lenses, microscopes, telescopes, and other equipment that utilizes the properties of light. This field is majorly associated with the application of optics for the future. Laser engineering is a subset of this field.
- Engineering of Technological Processes: Also known as process engineering, this field focuses on the design, operation, control, optimization and Intensification of chemical, physical, and biological processes. The application of systematic computer-based methods to process engineering is process systems engineering.
- Technology Management: Technology management is a set of management disciplines that allows organizations to manage their technological fundamentals to create competitive advantage. This field is one that surpasses the best of the field of management and engineering. IT professionals from this field are preferred across the globe.
- Mechatronics: Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field of science that includes a combination of mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering. As technology advances, the subfields of engineering multiply and adapt. This is the field in which we study technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering.
- Composites and Nano Materials
- Structural Engineering: This is the branch of civil engineering that deals with large modern buildings and similar structures. a sub-division of civil engineering in which structural engineers are trained to understand, predict, and calculate the stability, strength and rigidity of built structures for buildings and non-building structures, to develop designs and integrate their design is gaining traction in the current scenario.
- Telecommunications: Telecommunications engineering, or telecoms engineering, is an engineering discipline centered on electrical and computer engineering which seeks to support and enhance telecommunication systems. The work ranges from basic circuit design to strategic mass developments.
Engineering students over the years have altered how the world functions. Starting from the smart phone to the most complex of discoveries, it all started with the idea of an engineer. Being one of the most respected professions around the world, a bachelor degree in engineering offers comparable competitive advantage to the students. Enrolling for an engineering course in Poland has another positive since the course gets completed in three years. Students then have an additional year to pursue the subjects of their choice.
Engineering in Poland offers students an opportunity to gain international exposure and experience life like never before. With a host of part time jobs available for the students coupled with a low cost of living, Poland has all the positives as to why it should be your preferred destination to pursue engineering.