Poland is one of the most populous countries in Europe. If you are willing to study in Poland than your excitement will be augmented by knowing the fact that Poland is one of the most cost-effective places to live. Among all the countries in Europe Poland is one of the most exciting places for the students to live. No passionate Indian student can afford to miss the golden chance of doing masters from Poland based universities. This country offers a very affordable university fee and offers a very comfortable space to live in. If you choose Poland for your master degree then you will never regret your choice. This is one place where culture and education meets. The universities in Poland are very well equipped and provide all of the students with all required facilities so that there is no compromise in the quality of studies at any cost. The faculty members at the universities of are experienced and highly qualified. They have excellent knowledge about the subject and their teaching is of superb quality. In an addition to this, the lecturers are very friendly in nature and are always by the side of the students.
Reasons to Study in Poland
Europe is considered to be one of the best places in education. Cities in Europe are built around several prestigious universities. One of these cities is Poland.
- Premium quality education: Poland has more than 450 higher education institutes. Among these institutes, the University of Warsaw, Jagiellonian University and Adam Mickiewicz Universities are some of the notable names.
- Reasonable cost of education: As compared to the other universities in Europe, Poland offers a reasonable cost for education. The cost of education ranges between 1500 Euro to 3000 Euro in the country.
- Vibrant and lively place to stay: Life of a student is very exciting in Poland. As a student of higher education would always look for a happening life, Poland is one place where they can get it all. Sports, Music, festival and parties keep happening in this country which makes the life of a student very exciting.
- Socrates Erasmus Programme: This is one of the most prestigious programmes and Poland is a part of it. More than 300 students from the Polish universities take part in this programme every year.
- Scholarship for students belonging to non- EU category: Unlike the other universities of Europe, Poland offers a scholarship for Non-EU category students.
Advantages of Studying in Poland
There are many justified reasons why a student should choose to complete their master degree in engineering from Poland. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- The degree received by the universities of Poland is not only recognized within Europe but is recognized across the different parts of the world.
- The living condition in Poland is excellent. Even if the student is willing to stay in a dormitory the student will have 3-star hotel-like facilities.
- The cost of education is very cheap as compared to the other parts of the world
- Almost all the universities in Poland provides the opportunity to work while the student is completing their studies
- The students can get global exposure.
- The medical colleges in Poland offer world class education and they are packed with advanced technology as well as equipment which are highly beneficial for the students.
- There is no requirement of donation fees or anything of that sort.
- The students need not appear for any entrance test for getting admission to Poland MASTERS colleges.
- Cracking IELTS or TOEFL is not required to get admission in MASTERS colleges in Poland.
- All the MCI approved Poland medical college have the medium of instruction is English which makes it easier for the Indian students.
- The best Poland universities for medicine are top rankers of the world and hence the students get a chance to study at some of the top universities of the world.
Masters in Poland
The master degree in Poland is awarded as the Masters in Arts (MA) and the Masters in Science (M.Sc.). The master degree course is designed in a very theoretical way. After the completion of a Master Degree in the country, the student can extend the visa and work in the country. Working in the company comes with a huge number of opportunities that makes course one of the important courses to furnish career.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Each university in Poland has specific criteria of eligible when it comes to a master degree in Poland. However, the general scores of GPA for the master degree in Poland is a minimum of 50%. A minimum score of 50% in the bachelors and the post-Graduation Diploma is needed for admission. In some universities, the IELTS score is also needed.
While applying for universities in Poland certain criteria need to be met. Though the requirement for application is university-specific by there are certain common documents that need to be there for admission. Mentioned below are some of the important documents that are needed:
- A complete form of application
- A scorecard of IELTS
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- A scanned copy of documents that are needed for application in the university
- Copy of the passport
- Letter of work experience
- Additional documents that are required by the university
The admission requirement to apply in Poland is different for different universities. However, the general rule for application in Masters is a GPA of 50%. This is mandatory for every university. The IELTS score for applying in Masters should be 5.5 to 6.
Every year there is a huge number of the application form that is being received by the universities in Poland. Since Poland is a study hub in Europe, the seats get filled very fast. The intake capacity varies from one university to another. However, it is essential to note that the students are enrolled on a first come first basis. Once the seats are filled it becomes difficult to accommodate new students. Students applying for a master's degree in Poland needs to take decisions upon as soon as the admission procedure starts.
Certain requirements need to be fulfilled for acquiring Polish Visa for students. Following are the requirements:
- A filled visa application with the signature of the student
- A valid international passport
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Medical insurance that is being accepted in Europe
- Receipt of payment for the first semester
- Proof of the financial background stating the fact that the candidate has required funds to sustain in Poland
- Fee for the application of Visa
Though there is no specific financial requirement for applying in Poland the student needs to prove the fact that he or she is strong enough sustain in the country. The financial background is being checked to ensure the fact that the student does not face any problem while sustaining in the country. However, there is no mention of a specific bank balance that needs to be there to go to Poland for studies.
There are some of the finest universities which are situated in Poland. The country is known for its supreme quality education standards attracting student from the different parts of the world. It is worth mentioning some of the best universities in Poland.
- University of Warsaw: This University is considered to be one of the most prestigious and one of the largest universities in the country. Completing a master degree from this university opens several avenues for the career.
- Jagiellonian University: This is one of the oldest universities in Poland. This university was founded in the year 1364. There are many campuses of the university and the main campus is located at Cracow. This university has 15 faculties which include humanities, law, natural and social sciences and medicine.
- Medical University of Lodz: The Medical University of Lodz is located in Kosciuszki, city of Lodz in the province of Poland. The Medical University of Lodz was established on October 1, 2002. This university is a well reputed university for the study of medicine in Poland. This university is a merger of Medical Academy of Lodz which was established in January 1, 1950 and the Military Medical Academy of Lodz which was founded on July 1, 1958.
- University of Warmia and Mazury: The medical university of Warmia and Mazury was established with an agreement between the Polish and Episcopate government in 1999.It has high-quality professionals for teaching purpose and a friendly environment that is the reason so many students aspire to study in the medical university of Warmia and Mazury in Poland. There are a lot of students all over the world who want to study medicine in the University of Poland.
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Pozna?: This is one of the finest universities which are situated in Poznan. The origin of the university can be traced back to 1616 but the University originally opened in the year 1919. This university associates itself with four Nobel Prize winners which include Marie Curie who was the first women to win the Nobel Prize.
- Gdansk University of Technology: This is one of the oldest universities in Poland. There are more than eight faculties at this university. The university is known for its old architecture and beautiful design.
Poland is one place in the whole of Europe where the cost of education is very less. This is one of the reasons why this country is considered as the education hub of Europe. The cost of completion of master degree in Poland ranges between 3000 Euro to 4000 Euro. However, the tuition fee is dependent on the university and the course that is being applied for. There are some of the government recognized universities where the cost of education is even lower. There are various scholarships also available for the Non-European students in Poland. This country offers a various option in the field of education.
As compared to the other countries in Europe, Poland is a very cheap place to live. In other countries, the cost of living is very high. However, in Poland, a student can easily spend a month with 300 Euro. Though the amount depends on the lifestyle and various other factors when it comes to the student they must stay in a place which offers a pocket-friendly living. The students can also go for jobs and other services during their free time to get some extra money and live in a better way. This way the country is one of the best countries for the student.
The application process to study in Poland:
- Find a Study Programme: In Poland, there is a huge range of study programmes available. Selection of the programme needs to be done judiciously. It is suggested that the student goes through every detail of the syllabus before applying for the course. To avoid any confusion the student must take every step of course selection by understanding and consulting experts. There are many similar types of course but every course opens up different avenues in the career. This is the reason why it is necessary to select the course judiciously.
- Meet All Requirements: Every course has certain requirements. Certain qualification and grades are to be there for the process of enrolment. The student is advised to check through all the details before applying for the course.
- Learn The Polish Language: Learning Polish language is not mandatory for applying in universities of Poland. However, certain programmes are studied in the Polish language only. In that case, the student needs to learn the Polish language from the native place and hold a valid certificate for the same. However, there are many courses available which are not studied in the Polish language. Mostly the medium is English. So learning the Polish language is not necessary in all the cases.
- Find Financial Resources: Poland is a country where the Non-European students also get a scholarship. There are several scopes to have a scholarship in the country. This is one of the reasons why it is necessary that the financial resources are being found before applying for the course.
- Apply For Admission: You can initiate the process of admission by applying online. You need to visit the website of the selected university and apply for the course that is being selected. Once the application process is completed you need to send all the scanned copy of the documents via email. Once the confirmation is sent from the university end, you can apply for the Visa.
- Get Your Polish Student Visa: Once the university confirms that you are eligible to apply for the university than you need to fill up the Visa application form and apply for Visa. The documents required for the process of application is mentioned above. All you need to do is to ensure the fact that all the documents are rightly presented for the application of the student's visa at the university.
- Find Accommodation: In most of the cases, the accommodation for the student is available in the university, however, in the circumstance such accommodation is not available the student can look rented houses, Hostels and dormitories at affordable rates.
- Enroll At Your University: The final process of application includes the enrolment at the university. This is the process which needs to be completed as soon as the student reaches Poland. The process is completed when the student presents all the original documents to the university. On verification of the same, the enrollment process at the university is completed.
Part-Time Jobs in Poland
There are several part-time jobs available in Poland. One advantage of studying in Poland is that universities allow part-time jobs to the student. The types of jobs are easy and the students can earn money easily. These jobs can be of different sorts which may include the job of a bartender, job of a waiter, caretaker or some basic job that can fetch the student with a good amount of money.
Indian Students in Poland
An Indian student has a very comfortable life in Poland. Since Poland is a country with some of the best universities in the world, many students from India go there to complete their Masters. There are many reasons why the students from India select Poland as the centre of their studies for higher education. One of the reasons is that Poland is one of the most affordable counties for higher studies and the middle-class segment of Indian can afford to study there. Indian students find the place very delightful and the hospitality of the country is something to remember. This is one of the reasons why Indian student finds Poland to be one of the best places to complete higher education.
Facts and Figure about Poland
|Other large cities:||Katowice, Lublin, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, Gdansk|
|Population:||3.84 crores (2017)|
|Other large cities:||Katowice, Lublin, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, Gdansk|
|Population:||3.84 crores (2017)|
Disadvantages of Studying in Poland
There are no specific disadvantages that can be mentioned about studying in Poland. However, the difference in the culture, weather or the law can be a cause of discomfort to the foreign students. However, if the determination of the student is strong and they are willing to avail premium quality education than these discomforts are minor issues to the student. A student needs to adapt to every place they go to. Adapting to the new environment may be challenging but it is not impossible. It is based on the mindset of the student and the ways the student adapt to the culture and the environment.
Some Interesting Facts about Poland
For the students who are not from Europe, this can be a very good opportunity to explore the culture of Europe. Poland is surrounded by seven bordering countries. This is the country with a vast climatic range. The winters of this part of the world are chilly and the summers are warm and humid. Every season brings its festival and Polish people likes to celebrate every season in the most joyous ways. Poland is one of the best places in the world where education is available at such an affordable cost. In Poland, a student comes across various cultures and learns about various cultural factors which are otherwise unexplored.