MBBS in Germany is very famous among Indian students. For every individual, Germany is becoming very popular because of its low-cost education. It is not completely free but the fee structure is comparatively low. MBBS from Germany has become a top choice in the last few years. It also includes the learning German language also with qualified lectures. It offers a very wide variety of programs for local and international students.
Every year many international students including Indian male and female candidates willing to seek admission to the MBBS course apply. The number of applicants applying for the MBBS Program is more in comparison to the available medical seats in the colleges and universities based in Germany. It is the high-quality medical studies and engaging studying atmosphere that attracts students from various Indian territories for MBBS study in Germany each year.
There are many medical colleges in Germany. Many universities in Germany also offer PG education with MBBS. Some colleges there provide free medical education subject to winning scholarships. The experience of students pursuing MBBS in Germany is awesome. Many candidates are already enjoying a successful medical career post completion of their MBBS course from German medical universities approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organisation (WHO). As an MBBS abroad consultant in Delhi, we have been supporting interested students who seek admission to German medical colleges.
Fee for MBBS in Germany
The fee structure is very low in Germany. Students can complete their medical within a limited expense along with their living. Public universities of Germany do not charge the extra tuition fees which students have to pay for MBBS students in other colleges. To study MBBS in Germany in the English language, it is much cheaper than in India as discussed that no extra tuition fee is being taken from the students. Indian students can learn about medicine in Germany at a comparatively low cost from the best MBBS colleges in Germany.
Benefits of Studying MBBS from Germany
- To study MBBS in Germany, you will have to arrange a small amount of money. Colleges have very low costs of education for international students.
- The hospital facilities are available at MBBS University.
- MBBS in Germany offers the best economical study options and famous medical schools for international students.
- The medical schools and courses which are provided by the German universities are accredited by all over the world.
- The medical technology and instruments along with the facilities that are provided by Germany are of a top class.It is so known as the leader of medical technology.
- From the second year, the students are allowed to do part time work. It helps in managing living costs.
- The students from Germany can move anywhere in European countries because it is a part of Europe.
- After the completion of MBBS, the students can work very easily in any other part of the world.
- Students can live permanently in Germany after working there for 3 years.
- Students can earn very easily 50 thousand Euros yearly after the completion of their medical degree. It is a golden opportunity for students to grab the chance to earn in Europe.
Recognition of Universities for MBBS in Germany
The Medical Universities of Germany are accredited and recognized by several medical governing bodies. The awarded degrees are valued across the globe.
Some of the recognising bodies are:
- WHO - World Health Organisation
- UNO - United Nations Organisation
- FAIMER - Foundation for Advancement Of International Medical Education And Research
- ECTS - European Credit Transfer System
- Ministry of Education, Germany
- NMC - National Medical Commission
- WFME - World Federation for Medical Education
Duration of MBBS Course in Germany
The total duration for completing the MBBS/MD in Germany from the best universities is 7.5 years. Some colleges with economical fee structure don’t follow this system. The time required is the same as in Russia and Germany. The MBBS course duration is 6 years. After MBBS, lots of students opt for PG in Germany. It is a new trend and good for fast career growth.
NMC Approved German Universities
Below are the top 3 universities in Germany approved by NMC
- Heidelberg University
- Philipps University Marburg
- Humboldt University of Berlin
Eligibility for pursuing MBBS from Germany
- Indian students who have passed 12th in the mainstream Biology can apply for MBBS in Germany.
- The students who have achieved 60% or more than 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are preferred.
- He/she should have completed 17 years of age.
- TOEFL & IELTS score is necessary.
- One needs to clear TestDaf test
- Certificate of passing DSH (Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang) or other German language test like GDS and KDS is mandatory
- The minimum C1 level is required however, B2 level in German language is generally demanded
- If a student takes the preparatory course, B1 German Certificate is essential.
- Your documents should be checked by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to verify if your academic qualifications are accredited and recognized. Also, to check if it meets the German medical school set necessary standards.
- Students may be required to appear for certain entrance tests
- The applicant should have a valid passport copy.
- The applicant should be medically fit for MBBS studies.
- The applicant should have cleared NEET with the minimum allowed score.
Important for Indian Students Seeking MBBS in Germany
- An applicant/student should be ready to give 4 different exams and learn the German language.
- They design a special test kit for Indian students to confirm the suitability. After passing the special aptitude test, they will decide a student’s passion and capability to become a doctor.
- Indian students who are applying for MBBS study in Germany pre-decide to settle down in Germany.
- Germany awards MD degree that takes upto 8 years time.
- The education quality and the facilities in German medical colleges are excellent.
- The teaching faculties are highly experienced and supportive.
- Indian students can learn the German language as an additional skill.
- It is the best opportunity to learn and earn in Germany for Indian students looking for MBBS in Germany.
- The German universities allow students to stay there and earn.They allow students to do part-time work.
What is the admission process for MBBS in Germany?
The admission process for getting admission in colleges for MBBS in Germany is very easy, simply basic, and free from hassles.
- Fill the application form of the different medical universities from which you want to do MBBS.
- Upload the required documents including academic certificates, German and English language proficiency certificate, passport, and other demanded documents.
- Wait for the confirmation sent from an institution shortlisting your application form.
- When an offer letter comes to you, you must save it for the future.
- Pay the University and enrolment fees.
- When the fees process is completed, then go for the VISA.
- Get all your documents checked, validated, and authenticated prior to VISA application
- Visit German Embassy in Delhi after you receive the Invitation Letter
- Proof of strong financial need to be shown to support your medical education in Germany
- Get a VISA for Germany then book a flight ticket for there.
What are the required documents to complete the process?
There are certain documents which are required for the individuals to take admission in the colleges of Germany for pursuing MBBS Program.
The common documents for MBBS in Germany are:
- Passport (18 Months Validity)
- 10th certificate and marksheet
- 12th certificate and mark sheet
- 1st Year graduation marksheet
- All the documents need to be attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Birth certificate
- 10 passport size photos
- German and English language proficiency proof
- Recommendation letters
- Offer letter of the desired Medical University of Germany
- Authorization of all documents from the ministry of external affairs, New Delhi
- Legalization of all the documents from the German Embassy
- Visa Fees
- Bank - Receipt of University first-year tuition fee
- Medical NEET passing documents
Planning to Study MBBS ?
Fill the Form and Get Detailed MBBS Counselling.
Top MBBS Universities in Germany
There are a good number of universities in Germany for students looking to pursue MBBS course from Germany. It is important to select the top colleges from the list of popular NMC recognised universities. These top colleges of Germany are officially recognized by the National Medical Commission and the World Health Organisation.
- Humboldt University
- Philipps University Marburg
- University Heidelberg
These universities are also approved by several medical governing bodies apart from NMC and WHO.
Advantages of Pursuing MBBS from Germany
- There is no capitation fee.
- The universities satisfy the student’s desire of studying in colleges recognized by NMC.
- There are no donation fees during the time of admission.
- Medical colleges of Germany are accredited by WHO and NMC.
- The living cost of students is very low and affordable.
- The fee structure of tuition fee and the admission fee is minimal.
- There are highly equipped hospitals in every university.
- The mode of teaching is English.
- Hostels accommodations and living facilities are very comfortable.
- The degree that German universities provide is universally renowned and popular.
- It gives the opportunity to work there and earn post completing the MBBS study.
- It provides practical training for medical students in government hospitals.
- There are many students from India already pursuing MBBS coursed from the reputed German medical colleges and universities.
- The local people are welcoming and respect international students.
Disadvantages of pursuing MBBS from Germany
The great advantages make you ignore some of the disadvantages and encourage students to seek admission to the MBBS Program in Germany. Students can take into consideration several advantages and disadvantages before making a decision. Study abroad consultants in Delhi helps you make the right decision
There are certain universities that might have different pros and cons depending on their working environment. But most important is you should take note that, you should always do something that can make you grow. Many universities have their own pros and cons.
Some of the disadvantages are listed below:
- The students face problems to speak their local language German.
- Every student has to do an extra class in the German language.
- The VISA process is too tough. It takes months after completing all the formalities.
- The students don't feel comfortable because of the cold climate and it remains the same most of the time.
- The students who want to work and study together face many problems. They require most of the time to do self -study and concentration.
Syllabus for pursuing MBBS from Germany
The medical study in the country is of the best quality. We should compare the MBBS syllabus from top-ranked and NMC approved Medical colleges in Germany. There are many different subjects covered during the medical course duration.
The patterns are as described as follows:
1st and 2nd year of Medicine
- Grass anatomy
- Cellular and molecular biology.
- Medical mathematics
- Foreign language
- Summer practical 30 hours/ week 2 weeks
3rd and 4th year of Medicine
- Anatomy - Pathology
- Medical semiology
- General immunology
- Clinical immunology
- Surgical semiology
- Sanogenesis education
- Summer practical 30 hours/week 2 weeks
5th and 6th year of medicine
- Internal medicine
- Infantile surgery and orthopaedics
- Endocrinology E.N.T.
- Clinical Genetics
- 10. Oncology
- 11. Summer practical 30 hours/week 2 weeks
- Biomedical equipment
- Modern method for morphophysiological exploration
- Tropical diseases and hygiene
- Ethics, deontology, and legal medicine
- Molecular pathology
Intake for the Admission in MBBS in Germany
All the universities in Germany close the admission process by 15th July every year. Every university has different deadlines to take admission in MBBS. Moreover, the admission closing dates depend on the colleges depending on the filling up of their seats and the level of education they provide. But September is the admission closing date for all.
Number of Seats in MBBS colleges
There are many colleges and universities which a student prefers in Germany. There are 36 medical University which has the maximum capacity of 85,000 students. Only 6% of the total seats are allotted to foreign students. The competition is high so every Indian student should make a timely application. MBBS abroad consultants are there to assist with application and other admission support. For the dependable and satisfactory MBBS admission in Germany support, students can contact our dedicated counselling team in Delhi.
Different Course Offered by German Medical Universities
Medicine courses offer information about many health problems and how to handle these issues. The medicine programs contain coverage of public health and promoting health, the major determinants of health, the theory behind the science, and methodology, Coverage of statistics and epidemiology, qualitative research methods, philosophy, and ethics of public health.
Some of them are detailed below:
- General medicine
- Nursing and public health
- Therapy Professionals
- Veterinary medicine
Scholarship Programs in Germany
The colleges in Germany hold scholarship tests per year for international students including Indian students. It is to grantthem a good discount for online coaching. Students can win a hundred percent of scholarships. The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) test is of 360 marks is based upon the 12th board exam syllabus. If a candidate scores 50% marks then he or she will be getting a 50% discount on coaching.
Popular scholarships in Germany are as below:
- DAAD Scholarship Programs
- Deutschland Stipendium National Scholarship Programme
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships in Germany for International Students
- Erasmus Scholarship Programs in Germany
- Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships in Germany
- The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship
The system of education for MBBS colleges in Germany
- The education system is very competitive and provides great career opportunities. The medical training covers both preclinical study and practical application.
- There are 12 semesters and each term lasting for 6 months.
- First 2 years of basic science and last 3 years followed by clinical science.
- 12 months of practical training and first aid training known as practical year.
- 3 months of nursing experience.
- 4 months of clinical elective.
- Final 1 clinical year.
Why students should select MBBS from Germany?
- The education system of Germany is considered as one of the best education systems in the world.
- After completing the MBBS, the Indian student can take a permanent residence certificate.
- Germany is known as the leader of the country and specializes in highly advanced medical care.
- To study MBBS in Germany from one of the most popular universities in the world is also a matter of prestige.
- The medical colleges of Germany provide high technology hospitals and the forefront in modern medicine.
- There is no entrance exam required to take admission in German medical Universities.
- It gives cost-effective medical education to Indian students with a globally recognised degree.
- It provides private and government hospitals for internship.
- It has a globally recognised medical degree.
- The cost of education and living is affordable.
About the Country
Germany is known as the 6th largest country in the whole of Europe. The temperatures are very normal. Germany has a very moderate and humid climate. The summers are very warm and hot and winter is cooling similar to the Indian climate. But summers are not like India. The temperature of Germany is comfortable for Indian students. Germany’s population is about 81 million and it has 16 states.
The country is also the origin of the three rivers- the Rhine, Elbe, and the Danube where the Rugen is being considered as one of the biggest islands being covered by the high forested areas alongside cliffed areas. Germany is a developed and powerful nation. The country is good for MBBS studies and higher education. Students can seek admission to different medical courses and grow in life.
MBBS in Germany - Is it safe?
It is very safe for Indian students because it has the lowest crime rate.The Indian student who wants to study abroad; Germany is one of the safest places in the whole of Europe. German medical universities take special care of international students and especially take care of girls. It has CCTV cameras on campus, classes, libraries, and all around the college. Even the German police officer always guards the hostels.
Hostels in Germany
Being a student, you can get the cheap hotel rooms under your reservation. You can also get the small apartments along with it. Most of the students going to Germany also prefer private shared service and these are also very popular among the Indian MBBS students. Each flat is shared by the three residents while the kitchen is common for everyone. For the students loving peace and the time alone, flats or apartment can be their best choice where they can live on their own.
Transportation in Germany
The transport network is highly advanced and useful for the general public. The best way to travel in and around the country is through cabs or trains. Buses have a particular time period.Buses run on several popular routes in Germany. The rides in public buses are also inexpensive. Students can also get the monthly pass for these rides as well. Overall, it turns out to be a good way of commuting to different places or to the universities.
The Indian food is also available to the students migrating to Germany to study MBBS. The country also uses ancient cooking techniques in their kitchens which has a very great taste. There are lists of popular spices which are being used by the people cooking in Germany. The availability of Indian food is a major bonus to the people of India.
Top Name of the Universities
We are aware that pursuing MBBS from many of the universities in Germany is much cheaper in comparison to the different countries. The countries other than Germany also offer medical science facilities but they are more expensive than the regular MBBS colleges.
Below are the top educational institutions
- Ludwig - Maximilian - UniversityMunchen
- Georg - August - Universitat Gottingen
- Humboldt - Universitat Zu Borlin
- Freie Universitat Berlin
- Tech in the Universitat munchin
- Eberhard Karls University of Tubingen
- RWTH Aachen University
- Albert Ludwing's Universitat Freiburg
- Karlsruhe institute of technology
- University of Bonn
What is the average cost to live and study in Germany?
On average, it will cost Euro 400 each month to live in Germany as a student. Also, the language training cost would vary between 4000-5000 Euros with the course duration of 7.5 months. But while studying in Germany, you are allowed to work to sponsor your studies. On average, one can get employed on a part-time basis for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
The Career Scope for Students post MBBS from Germany
A great career in the field of healthcare awaits Indian MBBS students seeking admission to MBBS studies. There is no limitation to earning. The further course or job is totally dependent on the needs of the students. But there are certain things that everyone could be interested in.
- The medical aspirants who are seeking for a practitioner role in India are free for it. They need to pass the screening test.
- Screening Test in India will be conducted by the government for medical practice in India. If a candidate passes it, he or she can practice medical science by opening a clinic.
- The medical council uses several parameters to use and define the individual’s performance.
- On the contrary, the students not qualifying the test, NMC can terminate the practice of medical science in the respective country.
- There are no boundations to the limit of attempts for the NMC test.