The Medical University of Silesia
Poland is an excellent country known for both its natural beauty and role in the world economy. Recently, the country is attracting numerous students to study MBBS in Poland. With the robust education system and world-class infrastructure, Poland is growing to become a great option for students who wish to study MBBS abroad.
The top medical universities in Poland are recognized by major international organizations, and most of the universities meet the international healthcare standards. As Poland is a part of Europe, the educational standards follow European standards, and students also get to enjoy European standards of living when studying MBBS in Poland.
Ready to travel to study MBBS in Poland? Let’s read in detail about what The Medical University of Silesia has to offer.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 3103
- Country Ranking – 37
Found in 1968, The Medical University of Silesia is situated in the city of Katowice, Poland. There is no denying the fact that the Medical University of Silesia is one of the best universities to study MBBS in Poland taking into consideration the amazing array of qualified teaching staff, modern infrastructure, and affordable fee structure.
Accreditation and Recognition of The Medical University of Silesia
The Medical University of Silesia started offering English-taught MBBS program since 1996 when it gained accreditation from the United States Department of Education. Till date, the university has bagged accreditation from all the 50 states in the US, the most recent one from California. The university has also gained recognition from some of the top international organizations including;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- Medical Council Of India (MCI);
- United States Department of Education;
- Ministry of Health, Poland;
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Poland;
- And, Polish Accreditation Committee.
The first batch for English-taught MBBS program consisted of just a handful of students who mostly belonged to the United States. However, now over 10,000 students study at The Medical University of Silesia of which more than 500 students hail from international countries like Sweden, United States, Norway, Israel, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, and more. The teaching staff who trains the students under various faculties account to nearly 1200.
Faculties / Departments at The Medical University of Silesia
The faculties at The Medical University of Silesia are as follows:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Public Health
- Faculty of Health Sciences
Why Study MBBS in the Medical University of Silesia, Poland
The Medical University of Silesia has a tradition of training students for over 60 years. Ever since its establishment, the university has constantly put in efforts to expand and grow. As a result, presently it is one of the largest higher educational institutions in Poland.
The Medical University of Silesia provides courses in 16 fields of studies under its five different schools. The primary aim of the university is to craft specialist of the future and thus employs the best teaching techniques and modern technology. With us, building professional relationships is a matter of a few swipes that happens in a couple of minutes. The Medical University of Silesia is peppered with well-equipped laboratories, and offer 70 programmes and 240 specializations. With all such facilities, the university craft talents for the labour market who could tackle all kinds of challenges.
Here are the main advantages of studying MBBS at The Medical University of Silesia, Poland.
- The entire course is taught in the English language.
- All educational programs in The Medical University of Silesia abide by European standards of education.
- The Medical University of Silesia partners with nearly 60 medical universities from all across the world to hold student exchange programs under Erasmus+ to countries like Estonia, France, Germany, Netherland, Turkey, Italy, and Romania.
- The candidates are offered 100% clinical training.
- The university follows an advanced European curriculum.
- The academic fee is comparatively lower, and students don’t have to pass an entrance test in order to seek admission.
- The entire admission process is easy and simplified without donations or hidden charges.
- The MBBS degree offered is recognized worldwide.
- The Medical University of Silesia is one of the best medical school to study MBBS in Poland.
- The university is accredited by some of the most prestigious international organizations including WHO, and MCI.
- Friendly and safe environment for students to grow and thrive in.
Duration of MBBS in The Medical University of Silesia
The duration of MBBS at The Medical University of Silesia, Poland is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in The Medical University of Silesia
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at The Medical University of Silesia, Poland opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in The Medical University of Silesia
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the Medical University of Silesia, Poland needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS in The Medical University of Silesia
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled MCI application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in the Medical University of Silesia
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at The Medical University of Silesia, Poland. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to The Medical University of Silesia.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Polish visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Medical University of Silesia’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in the Medical University of Silesia
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||8700 USD||1200 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||6,09,000 Rupees/yr.||84,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in the Medical University of Silesia
The Medical University of Silesia offers accommodation facilities for students in their 2 dormitory buildings which are situated just a couple minutes’ walk away from the main campus. Every room comes with attached bathrooms and other basic necessities. Single rooms are available at rent varying from 740 – 890 PLN.
Why choose StudyEurope.in?
- Study Europe is the best solution when you are looking for consultancy firm for MBBS abroad
- You can complete rely and trust us
- Our aim is to fulfill every MBBS aspirant’s dreams
- We take care of the overall admission procedure from start to the end
- We provided categorized and customized solution to all MBBS aspirant
- We deal with the best universities in Europe and all of them are accredited
- We are available 24×7; you can contact with via our chat service
- We are an authorized educational representative and fully trustworthy consultancy firm
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe 2020/21
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.