Northern State Medical University
Northern State University is one of the best Universities in Russia. It is situated in Arkhangelsk and is a popular center for medical studies in Russia. As the name suggests, the university is the only medical school to the European North of the country.
The university has agreements with 6 governors in the North-West region. It is one among the various universities in Russia that provide quality education to international students. The university admits both domestic and international students for MBBS programs. The university is a home to more than 11,000 students including more than 1,300 international students. The university opens admissions for domestic and international medical aspirants in the month of May each year. The university also has international tie-up with renowned universities across the globe.
Northern State Medical University is recognized by the Ministry of Health and Education. It is also one among the universities in Russia which is approved by Medical Council of India. Therefore, it makes a great choice for Indian students who desire to pursue higher education in medicine. International students are also eligible to get financial aids and scholarships from the university. The institute has more than 500 teaching staff. It also offers facilities for accommodation for the students.
University at a Glance
- The university was established in the year 1922
- It is located in Astrakhanskaya oblast ‘in Russia
- It was named Astrakhan State Medical Institute initially
- The university has been training international students since 1992
Key features of Northern State Medical University
- The university is among the renowned universities in Russia
- It boasts of having more than 97 years of experience in shaping careers of medical aspirants
- This university attracts medical aspirants from all over Asia, Europe and Africa
- It is approved by the Ministry of Health and Education in Russia
- It is also approved by Medical Council of India and World Health Organization
- It offers 6 years courses in Medicine including 1 year of compulsory internship
- It offers plenty of opportunities for students to score internships and job opportunities in Russia and abroad.
- The university has tie-ups with some of the popular institutes abroad
- It offers English medium courses for students who enroll for MBBS
- The university has 55 departments including 27 clinical-based departments
- Northern State Medical University has worked for Medico-ecological program of Barents Region.
- The university has 18 faculties including General Medicine, pharmaceutical, Post-Graduate education, Nursing and Pediatric.
- The university has a modern-campus that includes 3 hostels for accommodation.
- The students are exposed to world-class educational facilities
- The affiliated hospital have modern equipments and a lot of beds
- The fee for this university is cheap and thus, affordable for students in the neighboring countries
World Ranking of Northern State Medical University
- The university has a rank of 104 among the universities in Russia
- The institute has continental ranking of 1234
- Northern State Medical University has World Ranking of 4232
- The university gets plenty of applications from the students worldwide due to its international repute
Indian Students in Northern State Medical University
- Most of Indian students are unable to land in medical universities in India due to completion
- It is best for them to apply to Northern State Medical University for quality medical education
- The students get education from more than 200+ trained specialists from 26 countries
- Indian students get an access to the best facilities and enjoy the campus infrastructure
- Northern State Medical University is approved by the Medical Council of India
- On completing graduation, these students are eligible to practice medicine in Russia and abroad
- It is easy from graduates from Northern State Medical University to clear the MCI screening test
- The hospitals in Russia are equipped with plenty of beds and have a large patient intake
- The Indian students get practice under the guidance of top academics and medical specialists in the world.
Why Northern State Medical University?
- Northern State Medical University has a reputation among the best medical universities in the word
- The university offers various campus facilities including student’s theaters, sports clubs and recreational camps
- The university features more than 60 departments
- The university teaches students in groups of 15 to 20 students thus, providing scope for personal attention
- The university is recognized by the MCI, WHO, FAIMER and General Medical Council of Britain
- The university provides facilities for accommodation and food
- The university has responsibly shaped careers of more than 11,000 students including 1,200+ post-graduates
- It offers MBBS courses for 6 years to aspirants
- Northern State Medical University has 226 academicians to assist the students
- The university also does not require the students to appear for TOEFEL, CET or GRE.
Accreditation of Northern State Medical University
- The institute is accredited by the Ministry of Health and Education in Russia.
- Medical Council of India, General Medical Council, World Health Organization and FAIMER recognizes Northern Medical University.
Duration of MBBS in Northern State Medical University
- The university offers medical courses for the duration of 6 years.
- 6-year courses also include 1 year of internship
- The entire duration can be divided into 2 parts- the 1st to 3rd year and 4th to 6th year
- The first to third year revolves around the study of general medicines and human anatomy
- The later years in MBBS course will require the student to apply the knowledge
- Practical courses are dealt with in the second year
MBBS Intake in Northern State Medical University
- The application procedure starts from May
- The university opens applications for international students every year.
- The students are not required to appear for any entrance tests
- Due to huge number of applications, the students are enrolled on a first-cum-first-serve basis
- The number of students getting enrolled in Northern State Medical University is more than 5,000
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Northern State Medical University
Given below are points reflecting eligibility of students taking admission in Northern State Medical University:
- The students are required to pass their higher secondary exam with 55% marks in PCB
- Students with 55% marks in their +2 can also apply
- The student must be at least 17 years old when applying to the university
- Both Russian and International students are eligible to apply for a seat in the university
The session begins from September. Therefore, students are recommended to prepare months in advance.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Northern State Medical University
The admission procedure can be divided into 6 major parts
- The student is required to apply online for a seat in the university
- He must get all the required documents ready
- He must be able to produce his class 10 and 12 mark-sheet
- Class 10 and 12 certificates are also necessary
- The student must have school leaving certificate
- The student must have a valid passport which is at least valid for at least 18 months
- If the student succeeds in getting admission, he is notified within 1-2 working days
- A confirmation of the application is issued
- The student has to collect the invitation letter then
- The payment of enrolment fee comes next
- The student must clear the fee concerning enrolment to move to move to the next step
Application for the VISA
- Since the VISA process takes time, the student must apply for VISA right after receiving invitation letter
- The documents required for student VISA are attested certificates of high school and invitation letter
- An international passport and HIV report of the student is also required
- The student has to clear the fee for the first year in the university before starting classes.
- Next, the student can book the tickets and be ready to board
- The student must carry original documents in the first year
- The student has to register himself at the college 3 days after arrival
- The student has to go through the admission and registration process
- On the completion of such processes, the student is allowed to attend classes
- The classes commence from the 1st week of September
Tuition Fee for Northern State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||5500 USD||1000 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||3,85,000 Rupees/yr.||70,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe
Hostel Facilities in Northern State Medical University
- The students are provided with facilities for accommodation by Northern State Medical University
- The cost of such accommodation is USD 500 annually which is INR 35,000
- The hostel have single and shared rooms
- The rooms are fully furnished with beds, desks and study tables
- Indian students can find various Indian eateries and restaurants near the university
- The hostels also have kitchen spaces available for the students to cook their own food
- Students can also savor delicacies from the cafeteria in the campus
- Groceries and canned products are also available for students
- The students have to shell some extra bucks for food and groceries
- The climate is continental in Russia
- The weather conditions are dry
- The average temperature is 10 degree Celsius
- The annual rainfall is 217 mm
- Indian students might face some difficulty in adjusting to the weather conditions and extreme temperature
- The students are advised to prepare in advance and pack warm clothes, jackets and cardigans
The student life is full of adventure in Universities in Russia. The points below emphasis on the student life in Russia:
- The students get international exposure
- The students get to have a lifetime experience full of frolic and fun
- Russia makes a great destination for students to travel during their college days
- The students also get to have an inter-cultural experience
- They get to experience multiple cultures, and learn multiple languages
- They get to interact with students from various spheres of life
- The students also get to participate in various extra-curricular activities in the Universities
- They can also showcase their talent on celebratory occasions within and outside the college
- The students can also learn multiple languages in the Universities
Why MBBS in Russia?
The reasons that a student must go for MBBS in Russian Universities are as follows:
- Arkhangelsk is located only at a distance of a little more than 1000 km from St Petersburg
- The airport is only 20 minutes drive from the city
- The city is full of various tourist attractions
- Russia is popular with students worldwide; the ones who are looking for quality education for cheap
- Arkhangelsk is also the cultural and scientific center in Russia
- The Russian universities offer world-class education, facilities and equipments
- Most of the affiliated hospitals are equipped with the best medical facilities and equipments
- The students get to travel to places while in college
- The students also get accustomed to the European Standard of living
- Russia does not require you to take an entrance test
- Irrespective of what your grades are, most of the students worldwide get admitted in Russian universities
- Russian universities also offer plethora of opportunities for students to make their careers in medicine
- Students can also land internships and job opportunities in countries abroad
Why Choose Study Europe.in ?
- Want to study in a University in Europe?
- in is your guide.
- You can search for a plenty of courses in various specialties in Universities in Europe
- We also help you apply to different colleges across Europe
- Get the best education in Europe through Europe.in
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe 2020/21
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.