Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)
Foreign medical graduate examination was introduced in 2002 and is conducted by National Board of Examination. It is for Indian students who have completed their MBBS course in a foreign country but want to practice in India. After the completion of medical course, such students have to register themselves with SMC which is State Medical Council. Students can register with SMC only if they appear and pass the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination.
A student doesn’t have to appear for the screening test if he/she has completed MBBS course from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, The United Kingdom, The United States of America as they can directly register with MCI and SMC.
When registering for FMGE, a student has to show an eligibility certificate issued by Medical Council of India at the time of taking admission in foreign medical university.
This examination is conducted only twice a year i.e. on the third Monday and Tuesday of December and June by National Board of Education.
|Purpose||For International students to attain a certificate to practice in India|
|Pattern of Exam||Multiple choice questions|
|Marking scheme||No negative marking|
|Total number of questions||300|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer based exam)|
|Application Fees||Rs. 5,500|
Step 1- Registration
Step 2- Qualification Details
Step 3- Make payment
Step 4- City choice
Step 5- Upload images
Step 6- Print application form
- A candidate must be an Indian citizen or citizen if overseas of India.
- Degree attained by university should be in the list of World Directory of Medical Schools which is published by WHO.
- Degree should be attested by the Embassy of India situated in the host country of the university.
- Students desiring a permanent registration, who have attained medical degree from Australia/ Canada/ New Zealand/ United Kingdom/ The United States of America don’t need to appear for FMGE as they are allowed to directly register with Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC).
- Candidate who doesn’t fit in the eligibility criteria is not allowed to register for the FMGE.
Application fee for FMGE
The authorized fee for FMGE is Rs. 5,500/- which is not refundable under any conditions and it includes the information brochure. The fee amount is payable by Internet banking, debit card or credit card.
Qualifying Marks for FMGE
The minimum marks to pass the examination is 150 which is exactly half of the total marks. So, a student has to score at least 50% to at attain the license. To be called ‘FMGE qualified’ a candidate has to pass the criteria.
Exam Pattern for the Exam
The exam contains 300 multiple choice questions, English as medium. The question paper is divided into two parts, each containing 150 questions. First part of the exam is held in the morning and the other part in the Evening.
Some important things to remember:
- Time allocated for exam is 2.5 hours for each part.
- It is an online (computer-based exam)
- No negative marks awarded
- The question paper pattern will be based on what you have studied during the MBBS course
Weightage of Question Paper
|Pre & Para Clinical Subjects|
|Clinical Subjects (200 Marks)|
|Medicine & Allied Subjects|
|Dermatology & STD||5|
|General Surgery & Allied Subjects|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
Procedure of the examination
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.
Call Us: +91- 926-662-2503 or Write us: email@example.com
Visit Our Office: 188, U Block, 1st Floor Shakarpur, East Delhi-110092 (India)