Medical education is considered one of the most prestigious higher education fields, and thus students from across the world are making a leap for it. However, the academic fee can be a thing and it can put many of the students’ dreams to rest.
Nevertheless, MBBS in Kazakhstan comes as a dream come to true for many. Students can apply for MBBS from medical top universities in Kazakhstan at minimal fees. Also, the quality of education provided is of a high standard and most of the universities are recognized by NMC. Every year, nearly 10,000 students fly here to study MBBS in Kazakhstan and this number has never gone down.
University at a Glance
Here, we will talk about all the factors related to Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, and how it makes a good option for students wanting to study MBBS in Kazakhstan.
- World Ranking – 1980
- Country Ranking – 1
Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty was established in the year 1930 in the city named Almaty. The university is one of the top MBBS universities in Kazakhstan as well as the world. Ever since its advent, Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty has been coming up with amazing academic results and thus in the year 2001 the government of Kazakhstan decided to reward the university by classifying it as a national university.
Accreditation and Recognition of Al Farabi Kazakh National University
On a mission to craft qualified medical professionals out of the candidates through a combination of competitive model and innovation-focused approach, Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty is recognized by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- United Nations Organization;
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME);
- And, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The university offers up-to-date scientific researches on urgent issues related to Public Health, effective in practical health care at medical services markets. Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty also highlights a modern infrastructure and the latest medical instruments.
Faculties / Departments at Al Farabi Kazakh National University
Over 11,000 study at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty currently, and are being taught by the 1500 faculty staff employed here. The faculties at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty are as follows:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Therapeutic
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Medico-Prophylactic
- Faculty of Management in Public Health and Pharmacy
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Postgraduate
Why Study MBBS in Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty
Academic excellence, best infrastructure, low fee structure, and training make Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty the best higher education university in Kazakhstan. It is also one of the oldest universities in the country.
The faculty of general medicine at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty is set based on the international standards and trains students from all over the world including India, Iran, Turkey, and Pakistan. Another fact worth mentioning is Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty’s partnerships with over 30 international medical universities.
Here are the main advantages of studying MBBS at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty.
- The entire course is taught in the English language.
- The academic fee is comparatively lower, and students don’t have to pass an entrance test in order to seek admission.
- It is one of the oldest and popular medical universities in the world.
- The entire admission process is easy and simplified without donations or hidden charges.
- The MBBS degree offered is recognized worldwide and the curriculum abides by European standards of education.
- The university is accredited by some of the most prestigious international organizations including WHO, and NMC.
- Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty features the latest scientific technologies, modern infrastructure, new learning aids, and modified labs.
- The faculty members are highly qualified professionals who act as an essential part of the university’s growth and development.
Duration of MBBS in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
The duration of MBBS at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty opens on 1st July and runs till August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE||HOSTEL FEE|
|MBBS Fee (1st Year Package)||5890 $||Included in Package|
|MBBS Fee (2nd to 5th Year)||4190 * 4 = 16,760 $||700 * 4 = 2800 $|
|Total Fees in Rupees (INR) Approx.||17,15,000 Rupees||1,96,000 Rupees|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Al Farabi Kazakh National University
Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty offer hostels/residence halls which can accommodate over 2000 students. All the rooms are furnished and can home students based on 2/3/4 sharing. Each room is equipped with the basic requirements like Wi-Fi access, and hot water supply.
Furthermore, students can take advantage of the other facilities provided on-campus including the library, canteen, gym, laundry room, and sports complex to further make their stay comfortable. Al Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty has also set up a Committee of Youth Affairs, and various other clubs like a debate club, intellectual club etc.
The largest city and the southern capital of Kazakhstan, Almaty homes over 11% of Kazakhstan’s population. Almaty is both a commercial as well as an agricultural city with many rivers and majestic skyscrapers.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|