Among the many study MBBS abroad options available to students, studying MBBS in Belarus definitely stand out. Every year, students literally compete to get into the medical universities, and finally, around 15,000 make it to Belarus. Famous for Stalinist architecture, massive fortifications, and primitive forests, Belarus still carries the richness of history in its streets and people. Universities in Belarus are internationally recognized for their solid academic curriculum and low fee structure. Most universities in Belarus offer MBBS courses in two languages – English, and Russian.
The cost of living in Belarus is affordable and the country is overall safe and friendly to live in.
University at a Glance
Let’s learn more about Grodno State Medical University, Belarus.
- World Ranking – 5338
- Country Ranking – 9
Established in 1958, Grodno State Medical University, Belarus specifically specializes in medicine and medical psychology. The university is located in Grodno, Belarus, and is considered a major educational institution for health care in the Republic of Belarus. Grodno State Medical University, Belarus has been training highly skilled specialists in various fields and is thus recognized worldwide for the quality education they impart to students.
Grodno State Medical University, Belarus functions in various fields of education including general medicine, medical diagnostics, nursing and more through means of development of the fundamental and applied sciences in the medical as well as social sphere.
Accreditation and Recognition of Grodno State Medical University
Grodno State Medical University, Belarus also has its own public organizations such as Belarusian Medical Trade Union, Belarus Republic Youth Union, Students’ Self-government sorority house, literary cenacle etc.
The various recognitions bagged by Grodno State Medical University, Belarus include;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA (ECFMG);
- Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC);
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC);
- General Medical Council, UK (GMC);
- And, Australian Medical Council (AMC).
Faculties / Departments at Grodno State Medical University
Since its advent, Grodno State Medical University, Belarus has trained over 16,000 doctors and nurses. Another amazing fact about the university is that most of the staffs at this university are alumni of the same university.
Grodno State Medical University, Belarus offers 5 faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Medical Diagnostics
- Faculty of Mental Health Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Medical Faculty for International Students
Why Study MBBS In Grodno State Medical University, Belarus
Situated near the border of Poland, Grodno State Medical University, Belarus is a renowned medical university in Eastern Europe. In the year 2013-2014, it also appeared in RankPro’s list of world’s best 500 universities.
The entire MBBS course extends for 6 years and is taught entirely in English. Clinical training is provided to students at state hospitals that feature the latest technology. Comprehensive pre-clinical programs are also conducted for students in simulated environments. The education fee is also pretty low considering the infrastructure and experienced faculty that the university features.
Below, we will take a look at why students should opt to study MBBS at Grodno State Medical University, Belarus.
- Grodno State Medical University, Belarus is a leading medical university in the whole of Belarus.
- It appeared among the Top 500 List of World’s Best Universities.
- The university has been training international students since 1995, and from 2003 it started offering courses in English medium.
- Presently, over 500 international students from 30+ countries study at Grodno State Medical University, Belarus.
- Grodno State Medical University, Belarus collaborates with top educational and research centres in Germany, Poland, Russia, as well as other countries.
- Graduates of Grodno State Medical University, Belarus can opt to do practical training abroad or in the same university.
- The only stimulation lab in Belarus belongs to Grodno State Medical University, Belarus.
- The environment is safe and comfortable and provides students with a feeling of friendliness.
Duration of MBBS in Grodno State Medical University
The duration of MBBS at Grodno State Medical University, Belarus is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Grodno State Medical University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Grodno State Medical University, Belarus opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Grodno State Medical University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Grodno State Medical University, Belarus needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS in Grodno State Medical University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Grodno State Medical University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Grodno State Medical University, Belarus. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Grodno State Medical University, Belarus.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Belarusian visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Grodno State Medical University, Belarus’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Grodno State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||4500 USD||800 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||3,15,000 Rupees/yr.||56,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Grodno State Medical University
Grodno State Medical University, Belarus offers 4 student hostels right next to the main university building for students to reside in. The hostel can accommodate a total of 1840 students. The hostel rooms come with attached restroom and kitchen where students could prepare their meals if they wish to. All the fours hostels are centrally heated and fully furnished as well. Students can opt either for dual or triple occupancy rooms. The on-campus facilities include cafes, canteens, libraries, fitness centre, sports centre, and more.
On the other hand, students can also opt to live in private apartments. However, this option would prove to be quite expensive though you would be given the ability to choose as many facilities as you require.
Why Indian Students Choose MBBS in Belarus?
One of the hottest destinations preferred by the Indian medical aspirants for MBBS Abroad is Belarus. A country with the constantly growing economy with focus on higher standard of education system Belarus has become the medical study hub for all.
The country hosts a range of the advantages for its international students. Today, a good percentage of the students are enrolled in the different NMC approved medical universities pursuing education in medicine. There are many highly considerable benefits Indian and other country students are enjoying.
Key Benefits to MBBS in Belarus Students
- Free to choose the best medical university/college recognized by NMC
- Benefits of affordable fee structure and no capitation fee
- No entrance examination for the admission to MBBS course. The admission is based on your academic records and first cum first serve basis.
- No language barrier as English is the medium of instruction for the international medical students
- Belarus University curriculum is universal and hence the issued medical degrees are valid across the globe
- World-class infrastructure with modern amenities to promote better education
- Health studying atmosphere with no ragging encouraged
- Trained, qualified, cooperative, and friendly teaching faculties
- Cost of accommodation and food is economical in comparison to other nations
- Safe, good, and peaceful atmosphere to engage in serious studies
- Hostel facility, Indian food, Wi-Fi, clean water, and other amenities facilitated for the convenience of medical course students
- The country offers rewarding career opportunities to medical graduates
- Medical graduates can go for PG, MD courses, masters in hospital administration, and more for the better prospects in life
- Student-teacher ratio is maintained to ensure proper attention to every single students in a class
- Students have the opportunity to learn Russian language as an additional skill helping you settle abroad
- Exposure to the different culture and the golden opportunity to become the part of global student’s network
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|