With affordable tuition fee and world-class infrastructure, studying MBBS in Russia has grown to be a top option among medical aspirants around the world. Majority of the Russian medical universities are approved by major international organizations and features top-quality faculties. For Indian students who struggle to get admission in Indian medical institutions, Russian medial universities can be a better option keeping in mind the high-quality of education provided.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 5603
- Country Ranking – 214
Located in the city of Omsk, Russia, the medical faculty at Omsk State Medical University was established in 1920. The university maintains a great relationship with various educational organizations from around the world including countries like Japan, USA, and Western Europe. The clinical departments of Omsk State Medical University are placed in some of the largest municipal hospitals spread across the city, and the hospitals are well-equipped with all kinds of modern tools.
Omsk State Medical University features a large library which has a collection of around 6, 00,000 books and publications. With the latest technologies and best teaching methodologies, the university continuously produces the best medical professionals in the world.
Accreditation and Recognition of Omsk State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University, Russia is rated prestigiously in the world-ranking systems and the MBBS degree they offer are recognized by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- International Association of Universities;
- Association of European Universities;
- And, National Medical Commission (NMC);
Omsk State Medical University comprises of 59 departments with 73% of the faculty staffs holding an academic degree. Nearly 100 staff members are MD-PhD full professors, while 300 of them are MD-PhD associate professors.
Faculties / Departments at Omsk State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University, Russia now has 5 faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
Why Study MBBS in Omsk State Medical University, Russia
Ever since it became fully functional, Omsk State Medical University has never failed to show up in the list of top 100 universities in Russia. Having trained over 30,000 medical professionals since its advent, the university is renowned for maintaining high-quality educational standards.
Every year over 4500 students applies to study MBBS at Omsk State Medical University of which 1200 students hail from nearly 50 foreign countries. When it comes to both accommodation and campus infrastructure, the university is well-equipped with modern facilities.
Here are a few benefits you need to know about Omsk State Medical University before making your decision to study MBBS in Russia.
- The entire curriculum is taught in English.
- Omsk State Medical University, Russia is a state-owned university that maintains high-level of educational standards.
- The tuition fee is quite low, and so is the cost of living when compared to the other countries with equal quality of living standards.
- Students are given clinical training in municipal hospitals with around 9600 beds in the clinical centers of the university.
- Omsk State Medical University, Russia maintains has continuously maintained its position among the top 100 universities in Russia.
- Omsk Oblast is the 7th largest city in Russia, and features many attractions as well as comfortable climate with 300 sunny days in a year.
Duration of MBBS in Omsk State Medical University
The duration of MBBS at Omsk State Medical University, Russia is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Omsk State Medical University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Omsk State Medical University, Russia opens on July and runs till August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months. There were also instances when students were denied a visa due to minor errors.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Omsk State Medical University
Indian students who wish to study Omsk State Medical University, Russia needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents for MBBS Admission in Omsk State Medical University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Omsk State Medical University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Omsk State Medical University, Russia.
Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Omsk State Medical University, Russia.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Omsk State Medical University, Russia’s account.
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Omsk State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||2100 USD||500 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||1,47,000 Rupees/yr.||35,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Omsk State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University offers a total of six hostel building for students to reside in of which 3 hostels are specially prepared to accommodate international students. The three dormitories together house around 1344 students on double or triple sharing basis. Every hostel is equipped with facilities like kitchens, bathrooms, study rooms, and shower units. Internet facility is available 24/7 and Indian food is also made available to Indian students in the hostel’s mess.
As Omsk State Medical University put special emphasis on the students’ health, the campus also features well-equipped gyms, sports and recreation centers, and ski-centers for students.
The university conducts various sports and recreational activities for students every year as Omsk State Medical University strongly believes it helps in turning the candidates into better versions of themselves. Additionally, the creative groups for international, regional, as well as national competitions open a sea of opportunities for the students.
Why Students Prefer MBBS Study from Russia?
Russia has been the top choice of not only the Indian medical students but also for the medical aspirants from the different corner of the world. Today, Russia has become the education hub. There are many reasons making MBBS in Russia the top choice for medical students.
The Top Reasons for MBBS in Russia
- Top-class education facilities for medical students
- No specific entrance examinations for getting MBBS admission
- Both tuition fees and cost of accommodation are on the lower side
- Safe and peaceful atmosphere good for studies
- Medium of instruction is English for the international medical candidates
- No demand of capitation or donation of any kind
- Students from more than 57 countries travel to Russia for medical education every year
- The best of the labs and research facilities are being provided by the universities in Russia to medical aspirants
- Medical universities in Russia are duly recognised by NMC, WHO, and others
- Cooperative and qualified faculties to assist students anytime
- Welcoming people around who value education
- Along with the various facilities to study, the top NMC approved universities in Russia offers mingling of cultures and exchange of cultural values.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|