Poland is known for its technical education and every year there are a huge number of students going to Poland to complete their technical studies. If you are willing to study engineering then Poland is one of the best choices that you can consider. Alongside having a great ecosystem the country has some of the best infrastructures when it comes to Technical Education like engineering.
With a huge number of technical universities in Poland, there is a large mass of students from different parts of the world migrating to Poland to complete their Technical Education like engineering. The excellent quality education alongside providing great exposure to the student makes Technical Education in Poland, one of the best educations available in the world. Across the globe, there is a huge number of engineering students who are setting a benchmark in the field of Engineering.
Poland emerges as one of the best places to study engineering. Poland offers great opportunities in terms of placement as there are a large number of international organizations coming to Poland every year to look for fresh talents. Universities like the Warsaw University of Technology are rated among the top universities in the world. Affordable fees structure and the economic cost of living is one of the reasons why students from India go to Poland to complete their higher studies like engineering.
Reasons to Study in Poland
Poland is one of the best places to complete higher education. This is a land with some of the prestigious colleges and universities of the world. Along with studying, Poland provides cultural diversity and the student gets exposed to different cultures and values that are useful for them in the later period of their career.
One of the highly preferred countries in Europe to pursue engineering is Poland. There are several reasons why Poland is preferred as one of the best places to pursue higher education.
Mentioned below are some of the highlighted reasons:
- Poland is the land of the best academic institutions.
- The cost of studying in Poland is comparatively lesser than the other parts of Europe.
- The country has low crime rate.
- It is safe for female and male students.
- For the international students, the medium of instruction used in English. However, knowledge of Polish language is recommended.
- Poland offers an enthusiastic and vibrant culture for the students.
- Some of the universities in Poland offer a scholarship for non-EU students.
- The quality of education is supreme and the facilities provided to the students are awesome.
- Student life in the universities in Poland is exciting.
- There are a good number of the students from India enrolled in the different field of engineering.
- There are many engineering colleges offering great facilities including. Hygienic food, hostel accommodation, technical labs, internet, library, etc. to students studying engineering in Poland.
- Cost of living in Poland is comparatively lower than the other parts of Europe.
- Heartwarming polish culture and Hospitality is something that makes the foreign students comfortable.
Advantages of Studying in Poland
There are several advantages of studying in Poland. Mentioned below are some of the highlight advantages:
- Poland is a land of great culture and Hospitality which makes the student from the other parts of the world comfortable.
- The educational degree that is being offered by Poland University is not only recognized in Europe but also in the other parts of the world.
- Studying at Polish University is comparatively cheaper than the other universities in Europe
- Infrastructure is modern and highly advanced
- Safe and peaceful atmosphere good for studies
- No donations are required for the admission to any engineering course
- The fees structure in the engineering colleges are comparatively low
- Good and reasonably priced accommodation facility available
- Rewarding career opportunities to engineering graduates
- Most of the universities in Poland offer the chance to work while completing the studies which allows the student to have an extra income and a great exposure to the work culture of the country.
Bachelor of Engineering
Range of bachelor’s degree programmes in the field of Engineering is offered by the various universities of Poland. Mentioned below is the list of the Bachelor degrees programme offered by Poland universities:
- Aerospace engineering
- Agriculture and forests engineering
- Architect engineering and urban planning
- Robotics and automation engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Engineering in information technology
- Engineering in power
- Mechanical engineering
- Engineering in oil and gas
- Computational mechanics engineering
- Machine designs
- Thermal Power Systems engineering
- Roadways engineering
- Transportation management in engineering
- Supply chain management engineering
- Technological process engineering
- Technology management
- Mechatronics engineering
- Composite and Nanomaterial engineering
- Structural Engineering
Masters of Engineering
There is a range of master degree programmes available in Poland.
Mentioned below is the list of master degree engineering programmes:
- Aeronautical engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Automotive engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Boatbuilding Chemical engineering
- Chemical process engineering
- Communication engineering
- Computation engineering Computer-aided engineering
- Computer systems engineering
- Control engineering
- Electrical and electronic servicing
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Energy engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Explosive ordnance engineering
- Extended engineering
- Fire engineering
- Fluid engineering
- Forensic engineering
- Foundation engineering
- Gas engineering
- Industrial design engineering
- Instrumentation engineering
- Mathematical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Metals Mineral engineering
- Mining engineering
- Model engineering
- Motor vehicle engineering
- Naval architecture Ocean engineering
- Offshore engineering
- Petrochemical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Plant engineering
- Power engineering
- Reliability engineering
Eligibility criteria for starting engineering in Poland are as follows:
- 11 years of formal education needs to be completed by the student seeking admission to any engineering course
- Passport and Visa application should be there with the student
- Certificate of school leaving is one of the mandatory certificates that the student needs to hold
- Student needs to have approved university form which is duly filled
- Medical certificate of the students stating the fact that the student is in a good health condition is mandatory
- The student needs to have health insurance from a valid and recognized organization
There is some of the important document that needs to be kept handy by the student while applying for engineering programmes in Poland.
Following is the checklist of documents that needs to be there with the student while they have initiated the process of admission:
- The complete form of admission which is duly filled
- Scorecard of IELTS
- Recommendation letter from the university
- Recent resume of the candidate
- Scanned copy of all the educational documents needed, based on the eligibility criteria needed for the specific engineering programme
- Copy of passport
- The additional document is required by the University
- Admission Requirements
Intakes for Engineering in Poland
Every year there is a huge number of application forms being received by the universities of Poland. This is the indication of the fact that the engineering courses in Poland are much in demand. However, every University has limited seats. The intake capacity of the student is dependent on the university which varies. However, the student is suggested to apply for the programme as soon as the admission opens to ensure the fact that the enrollment process is easy and smooth.
- For a student of European origin, the visa is not required to study in Poland however the student needs to apply for a stay permit in the circumstances where the student is willing to stay more than 3 months.
- For the foreign students including Indian the visa is mandatory for studying in Poland.
- The student can apply for the visa from the authorized polish embassies in their countries.
- However, the stay permit rules for staying more than 3 months in Poland are equally applicable to the non-European students.
- A student needs to apply for the stay permit in the circumstances where the student is willing to stay for more than 3 months in the country.
There are no specific financial criteria that need to be there to apply for courses in Poland however the student must furnish the document that would state that the student is capable of staying and sustaining in Poland during the course.
The students may have to produce their bank details and other necessary documents which ensure the fact that they have the financial strength to survive in Poland.
A Brief on the Popular Universities in Poland
There are some of the best universities offering engineering programmes in Poland.
Mentioned below are the most popular universities in Poland for technical studies:
- Warsaw University of Technology: This University was established in the year 1915. Since then the university has been successful in rendering premium quality technical education to the students.
- Poznan University of Technology: Among the top 6% of universities of the world this is one University that can be seen. Students passed out of these universities have made a strong impact on the Global engineering field. Some of the best engineers in the field of the computer come out of this university. Many of the ex-students work in leading multinational companies like Microsoft.
- Polish-Japanese Institute of Technology: Since its inception in the year 1994 this Institute has been providing premium quality technical education to the students. The primary focus of the institute is to provide practical knowledge to the students so that they can be efficient professionals in the long run.
- Kielce University of Technology: This is a University with modern infrastructure that offers high-quality education and practical skills that are useful for the students in the long haul.
- Bialystok University of Technology: It is one of the oldest universities of technology in Poland. The university was established in the year 1941 and this is the university known for several international collaborations.
While a Polish student does not have to pay tuition fee for the universities which are recognized by the government but the non-Polish students can also avail quality education in Poland at a Reasonable cost. The cost varies from University to University however the average cost of completing bachelor degrees in engineering is around 2000 Euro while the completion of master degree or PhD in the field of Engineering would cost around 3000 Euro.
Poland is one of the countries in Europe where the cost of living is comparatively low. Students belonging to low-income families can also afford to study in Poland. The average cost of living in Poland ranges between 450 Euros to 600 euros per month. However, if you are willing to stay in the big cities of Poland then the cost of living would be around 600 Euros to 800 euros per month.
The application processes to study in Poland are as follows:
- Find a Study Programme: One of the most important parts of the application process is to select the right programme. When it comes to engineering in Poland, there are a huge number of programmes available so it is suggested to the students to go through the syllabus and find out the best programme suitable for them.
- Meet All Requirements: Certain requirements need to be fulfilled by the students to study in Poland. One of the basic requirements is to complete the elementary studies from the native country. The student needs to have the school leaving certificate with them to apply to the universities of Poland. The student also needs to apply for a Resident permit in Poland to ensure the fact that they stay in Poland is smooth and hassle-free. Alongside it is also important that the student has the proper Health Insurance certificate from a recognized organization.
- Learn The Polish Language: Though it is not mandatory that a student applying for the university in Poland needs to learn the polish language but knowing the language of the basics of it would help in easy communication in the land.
- Find Financial Resources: Students belonging to below income group can avail benefits which include free meals, living benefits and various other social benefits. Physically challenged also various social benefits in the universities of Poland. Thus, it is essential that the availability of all the financial resources figured out by the students before applying in the university.
- Apply For Admission: Once the decision about the engineering programme is taken by the students the student must apply for the university. Student can apply for universities in Poland through the online portals for the official website of the university. Documents can be sent to the university via email and all the documents will be verified by the University. After the verification process is complete University will send a letter of confirmation.
- Get Your Polish Student Visa: once the student received a letter of invitation, it is suggested that the student initiate the process of applying for Visa. Certain documents are needed for the application of visa for Poland.
Following are the list of documents needed for the application of visa in Poland:
- A properly filled and signed application for a visa
- Valid Passport
- Letter of acceptance from the college or university
- A resume of the candidate
- Certificates from the school or the college
- Evidence of proficiency of the language
- Evidence that states the fact that the candidate has enough funds to study in Poland
- Health Insurance from a recognized organization
- A passport-sized photograph
- Application fee for Visa
- Accommodation proof
- Documents for transport like the railway or flight tickets
- Find Accommodation: Finding a suitable place to live in Poland is easy. In most of the cases, the university provides accommodation to the students with all the facilities that are needed for comfortable living and focused studies.
- Enroll At Your University: The enrollment process needs to be initiated as soon as the student reaches Poland. In this process, the student needs to produce all the documents and enroll themselves in the university while paying the tuition fee for a year.
Part-Time jobs in Poland
One of the advantages of studying in Poland is that the student can do part-time jobs while completing their studies. There are several paid and unpaid internships available in Poland which allows the student not only to get financial benefits but exposure to the job culture of Poland.
The Jobs available for students are very simple. They can work as bartenders, waiters or caretakers. There are various other Jobs available in Poland that would help the student to earn extra money while studying.
Indian Students in Poland
Poland can be considered to be one of the best choices for Indian students. One of the reasons for the same is that Poland is a country which provides education at an affordable rate. Alongside the country offers a great mingling of culture which makes the life of Indian student easy smooth and entertaining. Availability of Indian food and connection to the Indian community makes its place one of the best places in Europe to study especially for the students from India. Many of the students have stated that selecting Poland as a country for higher education is one of the best choices they have made in their career.
Facts and Figure about Poland
|Other large cities:
|Katowice, Lublin, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, Gdansk
|3.84 crores (2017)
|Other large cities:
|Katowice, Lublin, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, Gdansk
Disadvantages of Studying in Poland
Though there are no such disadvantages to studying in Poland a student who faces problems with the English language and finds it difficult to adapt to a new culture will encounter certain problems.
Another challenge that will be faced by the students, especially from India is associated with the climate. Poland is a land of extreme climate and this is something that would be difficult for an Indian student to adapt to however all these differences and challenges can easily be faced in the circumstances when the student decides to complete the education with full determination and focus.
Such challenges will be of lesser importance in the student decides to focus on education and base their determination upon availing premium quality education from Poland.
Some Interesting Facts About Poland
- Poland is situated in the western part of Europe. This country is situated on the Baltic Sea.
- This is the country which is surrounded by seven neighboring countries.
- Poland is known for its sandy beaches, hills and snow-capped mountains.
- The Carpathians and the Sudeten are the major mountain ranges of Poland.
- There are 1300 lakes in the country which includes some of the famous lakes like Oder and Vistula.
- The country is a land with vast Geography which is the reason why there is a diverse climate in the country.
- The winters are chilly and you may encounter snow falls during the winters alongside the summers are warm and rainy.
- The land is blessed with natural beauty with more than 2250 species of plants. This land is also the home for more than 400 species of animals.