Introduction About MBA in Germany
MBA or Masters of Business Administration is a postgraduate degree that equips the students with wide skill set and knowledge that they can use in business and management. For every student who dreams to make it big in the management world and indulges in learning the managerial and business-making strategies, he needs to take up the course of MBA. For students who study management from reputed colleges, enjoy the perks of high employability and countess career options as well.
MBA was first introduced by the US universities and since then the course has taken up the entire world by storm in being the most preferred masters for students and several renowned colleges that provide you with such an opportunity. Germany is one such country that has the best management colleges and is known to be an arcade where students can indulge in low-cost MBA that too from reputed colleges. MBA is one such course that relies on practical and research-based learning rather than a theoretical one. The MBA students are exposed to different real-life learning experiences that test the critical thinking and decision-making skills of the students and help them with ideas that can improve the final result and skills in understanding the various management-based approaches.
Reasons to Study in Germany
Germany is the best education destination for international students. Several students travel to the European country to indulge in quality education from the top German universities. There are countless reasons why you should study an MBA in Germany. These include:
- Students will receive a world-class degree: German universities are top-ranked in the QS ranking and other such world rankings. Students from all around the world travel to Germany to study in world-class universities. The quality of higher education in Germany is the best in the world. The tradition of following high-quality education and relying on the practical basis of education has made Germany a popular destination for international students.
- Varied education facilities: Germany is picked to be the best destination for higher education with more than 450 universities accredited by the state, providing 17500 programme and degrees in the country. International students can apply for bachelors, masters and doctorate courses in Germany.
- English-speaking nation: Students don’t need to know German to study in German universities. The country is well versed in speaking English and all the courses for international students are taught in English. Students can easily stay in the country and indulge in studying masters.
- A large international community: Germany is one of those countries that are visited by thousands of students every year for admission into different universities and courses. With so many international students from varied cultures studying in the country, you will never feel alone. Students can even contact such international groups and be a part of it.
- Low tuition fee: the German government is the first in the world to provide masters and doctorate programmes at no fee to international students as well. For other courses, the tuition fee is very low for national and international students making it a top choice for students to travel and study postgraduate programmes.
- Affordable living costs: The living expenses in Germany are very reasonable and affordable as compared to other foreign countries like the USA and the UK. The cost of rent, food, and other living expenses are the same as the EU average and is easy on your pocket. Not only this, but international students can enjoy the concessions for students in the country.
- Numerous Scholarships programmes: International students who hold excellent academic records can apply for a variety of scholarship programmes to finance their education in Germany. The DAAD or the German Academic Exchange Service provides ample scholarships for foreign students.
- A beautiful country: Germany is packed with natural beauty, historical heritage, modern metropolises making it a perfect destination for students who like to travel a lot. As for international students, they can enjoy the opportunity of studying in a world-class location while enjoying the essence of natural beauty.
Advantages of Studying in Germany
For students who wish to study MBA in Germany, there are various advantages of indulging in a good management university in Germany. Germany not only has a warm and welcoming nature for international students but is also provided with ample opportunities even after their course to showcase their managerial skills in German companies.
Some of the most common advantages to note are as listed below:
- German universities are known for their high standard and quality education for international students.
- Germany has several world-class universities in its arcade attracting several international students to visit the country and study the course in.
- The environment of Germany is very conducive and welcoming for international students.
- Low tuition and hostel fees. Some courses don’t charge any tuition fees for their masters and doctorate courses.
- The medium of instruction for all the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in English, a great prospect for international students.
- The country is known for its advanced teaching patterns which the country has adopted over the years.
- The German universities engage students in theoretical knowledge hence developing skills that will lead them to a successful path in their careers.
- Easy and hassle-free admission processes.
- The country provides several scholarships even for international students so that the student can finance their education easily.
- World-class infrastructure packed German universities.
Study MBA in Germany
Germany is one of the top destinations for students to indulge in an MBA course. The country has several German universities some of which are top-ranked in the QS rankings. Not only this but the country provides a range of MBA options for students, right from full-time MBA and executive MBA to part-time MBA as well. Depending on the course a student picks, the MBA degrees last for that long. Some of the German universities offer flexible MBA courses in terms of duration so that students can pick more than one course.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBA in Germany
The following are the eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by students to get admission into the postgraduate management course in German universities. For applicants, it is better to check with the university website to see other qualifications asked for.
The common eligibility criterion is listed below for your information:
- Certificate of completion of the undergraduate degree from a recognized university and college
- The semester transcripts of the grades obtained by the students
- GRE and GMAT scores if asked by the university
- Proof of English language proficiency for English (TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) score)
- Two to three years of professional experience certificate
- Two Letter of Recommendation from reputed faculties
- The motivation letter written by the candidate.
Documents Required for Admission into MBA Course
The following are the documents required for studying into various universities of Germany:
- Birth certificate stating the nationality
- Testimonials and Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Passport-sized photographs
- A duly filled application form
- A copy of the first and last page of the passport
- All the academic transcripts
- A detailed description of any academic excellence record
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) score to check English language proficiency
- GMAT (The Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (The Graduate Record Examinations) score asked by the university
Visa Requirements for Studying MBA in Germany
Once your admission has been approved at a German university, you need to apply for a German student visa. Many students do not have to apply for the German student visa but they will need a resident permit for the same. Students should apply for the German visa as early as possible because it takes at least three months for you to obtain the visa and move to Germany. You will need to contact the German embassy office in your home country to obtain a German student visa.
The documents needed for obtaining a German student visa are:
- A duly filled application form
- Valid passport
- Two passport photographs
- Acceptance letter from the German university
- Transcripts of your academic record.
- Certificate for German language proficiency in case asked by the university
- Certificate for English language proficiency in the case asked by the university
- Proof that you have sufficient funds in your account while you are studying in Germany
- A certificate showing covered health insurance
- Residence proof
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
Dependent on the embassy, you will need to show proof that you are not involved in any sort of criminal activity. One way to show that your account has sufficient funds is by depositing a security payment into a blocked account. If you want to study MBA in Germany, then you should apply for a national visa.
Admission requirements for the German universities
The following are the admission requirements for any German university:
- Identity document or proof
- Academic transcript of your previous studies
- University application form
- Letter of recommendation
- A summary about you and why you should be granted admission into the university
- English proficiency certificate if required by the programme
- GMAT (The Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (The Graduate Record Examinations) scorecard if asked
Intake of Students for MBA in Germany
MBA in Germany is packed with mind-blowing architecture, world-class technology along with bewildering history. Germany is known for teaching its management courses along with a practical approach and learning to develop skilled and equipped management professionals for tomorrow. MBA in Germany is carved with being a top course catering to the various needs of business and management. Every year, thousands of students take admission into the MBA programme owing to the rich benefits provided to the students.
How to manage the financials while planning MBA in Germany?
There are several options for students who wish to study MBA in Germany and engage in premium-class education. MBA courses in Germany have a specific tuition fee which ranges from 15k-30k Euros. The fee structure varies from university to university depending on whether it is public or private undertaking. For public universities, there is no tuition fee charged from students to be it national or international students. Students have to pay only the semester fee of around 200-500 Euros per semester.
For Indian students, there is no fee charged for studying MBA in Germany. Germany is the only country that provides free education to international students. However, the cost of MBA in Germany in private colleges is 25 lakhs. Students can either apply for scholarships or they can take education loans from a bank in their country. Maintaining the required financials is mandatory. It is done to ensure the MBA applicant has the sufficient money to back his/her need of finance while MBA study in Germany.
Popular Universities in Germany
Several management colleges in Germany can offer you with quality education. The following are the top public management colleges in Germany that do not charge any tuition fees:
- University of Mannheim Business School
- University of Cologne
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig Maximilian University
- Munich RWTH Aachen University
The following are the top private management colleges for Indian students with no-tuition fee:
- European School of Management and Technology
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- GISMA School of Business BSBI
- Berlin School of Business and Innovation
- WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management
The Tuition Fee for MBA in Germany
The tuition fee for MBA in Germany depends on whether the institution is a public or a private undertaking. As for the public management colleges in Germany, there is no tuition fee charged. Students only have to pay the semester fee which is around 200-300 Euros per semester. Other than that, there is no fee charged by public institutions. As for the private management colleges, the tuition fee varies from course to course depending on whether it is full-time, executive or part-time MBA. As for the private management colleges in Germany, the fees generally range from 15k-30k Euros per semester depending on which university have you applied for and which course are you applying for. However, the total fees for MBA in Germany cost around 25-30 lakhs in case you have applied to private institutions.
Cost of Living in Germany
The living cost in Germany is slightly higher as compared to other European countries. The biggest expenditure on monthly basis you will indulge in is your monthly rent. Students have to pay between 285 to 580 Euros approx. per month for the comfortable accommodation that also depends on which state are you living in. In the developed places like Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, and Munich, the rents will be slightly higher in comparison to the average. The average monthly expenses for students will range from 700-800 euros including rent, utilities, food and drinks, clothing, working materials, travel costs, health insurance, phone, internet, and miscellaneous.
The Application Process for Studying MBA in Germany
Germany is known for their simple and hassle-free application process, which can be easily followed up by the candidate. The candidate is however advised to read the university application process on the university official website to get a clearer insight into the admission process.
The following is the admission process in a stepwise manner that will make it easier for students to engage in a stress-free and easy application process:
- The first step is to figure out which university and programme do you want to apply for. There are various postgraduate management courses available for students and you need to see which one of them suits you.
- Since you are a foreign applicant, you need to contact the university international office, so that you know the deadline of the application and what all is required to fill in the application form. You need to be sure that you fill in the application form before the deadline so that you save yourself from the last-minute errors.
- Once you have filled in the application form and send it properly to the university office, you now have to wait for them to revert to your application. Always attach your TOEFL or IELTS, and GMAT scores in your academic application.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be required to send a copy of your passport and pay 50% or as specified by the University of the first-year Tuition Fee as well. You need to also send a proof of your financial statements showing that you can fund your studies abroad.
- After this, you need to contact the visa office, so that you are provided with your visa on time. The visa generally takes 90 days to clear. After this, all you have to do is to wait behind for your flight and start with your education in Germany.
Part-time Work for Indian Students in Germany
Students can easily take up part-time jobs while studying MBA in Germany however; it is preferred not to take up any such job since it can hamper your studies. Not only this, but students can take up assistantship programmes under their faculties and take upmarket research projects to amplify their knowledge and put it in their CV.
Learning German for Studying in Germany
It is not required for students to learn the German language to study in German universities since the curriculum is taught in English for all international students. However, for students who want to learn German can do that while staying in the country. German is said to be an easy language and learners need to obtain certifications by clearing the various levels. Learning German helps in finding jobs and makes it easy to communicate with the locals.
Scholarships in Germany for Students
International students can apply for scholarships if they hold an impressive academic record. The applicants have to log in to the official website of DAAD which lists the available scholarships for international students who want to pursue an MBA in Germany.
Few of the notable scholarships for Indian students who want to pursue an MBA in Germany include:
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship: Awarded by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India for 100 Indian students per year with a maximum scholarship of around USD 33K.
- Global Study Awards: Awarded by Study Portals, ISIC and British Council
Indian Students in Germany
Every year thousands of students travel to Germany to pursue MBA courses over there. There are several scholarships available for Indian students. They can check it out on the DAAD website. Students can take admission in the public or private management colleges of the country depending on which one of them suits their needs. With Germany, you can afford your dream while taking advantage of studying at a world-class university with a global infrastructure. Several Indian students travel to the country for various courses and programme to indulge in quality education.
Disadvantages of Studying MBA in Germany
The following are some disadvantages of studying in Germany:
- Students can face a language barrier since German is spoken in the country and not all the locals are well-versed in English.
- For major Indian students, homesickness is one of the most prevalent issues, making them feel a little distant to their culture and country.
The following are some facts about Germany:
- Capital: Berlin
- Other large cities: Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich, Dresden
- Population: 83019200
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- official language: German
- listed universities: 65
- ranked universities: 10
- country rank: 5
- country calling code: +49
- time zone: UTC+1
Some Interesting Facts About Germany
- It is the international leader in developing renewable energy which is also the leading source of power for the country.
- The country has one-third of its country forested.
- The Berlin Zoological Garden is the country’s oldest zoo built-in 1844. It claims to have more than 1300 animal species in the zoo than any other country in the world.
- Berlin has the largest train station in entire Europe.
- Germany shares borders with nine countries like Denmark, Poland, the Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, and the Netherlands.
Q.1) Is studying in Germany expensive?
Ans: No, it is not. The living expenses are a little more however; the tuition fee for both public and private universities is affordable and cost-effective.
Q.2) Is studying MBA in Germany a good decision?
Ans: Yes, it is. Germany has the top management colleges in the world, some of which are high ranked as well.
Q.3) Is Indian food available in Germany?
Ans: Yes, many restaurants engage you in a delicious Indian food. Indian mean along with appetizing taste.
Q.4) Is Germany known for its MBA?
Ans: Yes, German universities are known for their management studies and the reliance on practical education more than theoretical.
Q.5) Is the admission process difficult for Germany?
Ans: No. The application process is very easy and hassle-free. All you have to do is contact the international office of the university and they will help you with the necessary proceedings.
Q.6) Do Indians prefer to study in Germany?
Ans: Yes, they do. German has a very simple yet exciting living culture that allows every Indian to blend in.
Our Services at Study Europe
We at Study Europe believe that a child’s career is to be nourished and supported with quality education and world-class infrastructure. We as a premium educational consultant in the country are known for our services and the fact that we provide all our students with personalized aid.
Many students fail to receive the necessary support and right information about studying abroad, but we do make such mistakes. For us, our students are of prime importance and we cater to all their needs.
Below described are a few of the highlights of our services:
- Profiling – We provide our students with aid in choosing the right university in the perfect country so that they can receive an education while enjoying the environment of the place.
- Standardized Tests – We will like to know the capability of our students and so we conduct some tests to test their caliber. Only then, we provide the right aid for studying in Germany.
- Study Visa Assistance –Without a student visa, you would be able to pursue your future studies in Germany. We help our student right from the start of the application to the receiving of the student visa.
- Financial Guidance – We ensure that our students do not lose their dreams just because they do not have financial support. We provide our students with the financial aid they need so that they can pursue their dreams.
- University Shortlisting – We help our students in shortlisting the right university for them.
Thus, Study Europe in Delhi is someone you can trust with your dreams and aspirations to study in Germany. Get ready to earn the international MBA degree from the prestigious German universities or management colleges.