MBBS in Russia has garnered a lot of attention these days thanks to their quality education system and top universities. However, Russia also offers great social life for students and give them the much-required exposure to opportunities. Indians studying MBBS in Russia dates back to 1996 when medical aspirants from India first travelled to Russia to pursue their dreams.
MBBS in Russia follows a similar education curriculum as followed in India, and the medium of instruction is mainly English. In the upcoming section, we will discuss factors that make Irkutsk State Medical University a great option to study MBBS in Russia.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 5971
- Country Ranking – 235
A non-profit public higher education institution, Irkutsk State Medical University was found in 1909. The university is situated in the city of Irkutsk and offers several higher education degrees including bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees. Furthermore, Irkutsk State Medical University is equipped with all the latest technologies that students could leverage during theoretical as well as practical classes. The university is also one of the largest of its kind in Siberia and the Far East.
Accreditation and Recognition of Irkutsk State Medical University
Irkutsk State Medical University has also gained many accreditations under its belt as follows;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- Medical Council Of India (MCI);
- And, Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Right from its advent, Irkutsk State Medical University has trained nearly 11,000 medical graduates and has presented the world with over 500 doctors. The professionals who graduated from Irkutsk State Medical University currently work in 25 different countries across the world in Africa, Latin America, Middle East, and Europe.
Faculties / Departments at Irkutsk State Medical University
The university currently comprises of 19 faculties which educated around 18,000 students across 63 departments. The various faculties at Irkutsk State Medical University are as listed below:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology/Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical
- Faculty of Public Health Management
- Faculty for Preliminary Training
Why Study MBBS in Irkutsk State Medical University, Russia
Irkutsk State Medical University showcases a great infrastructure with buildings designed in 18th and 19th-century architecture. At the same time, the laboratories and observatories in the university feature the latest technology despite the traditional infrastructure. Experienced, and highly-skilled scientists and professors mentor the students as they work in the laboratories, and they are taught practical skills in the city’s 18 leading hospitals.
Irkutsk State Medical University doesn’t back when it comes to providing students with the right practical and theoretical knowledge. All facilities including laboratories and scientific research centers are made open to the students so that they can become better professionals after graduation. Irkutsk State Medical University also arranges international activities for students to partake in.
Below given are the main benefits that students bag when studying MBBS in Russia at Irkutsk State Medical University.
- The entire course is taught in the English language and there are no language restrictions.
- Irkutsk State Medical University is over 100 years old and thus the academics feature a well-prepared curriculum.
- With an array of highly-qualified professors, the university offers top-notch education by assisting the students in research and training programs of UG courses.
- The fee structure is kept quite affordable and economical for every student who wishes to study MBBS.
- Irkutsk State Medical University has been training foreign students for over 50 years.
- The university holds 4th, the highest level of accreditation for a higher education institution from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Duration of MBBS in Irkutsk State Medical University
The duration of MBBS at Irkutsk State Medical University is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Irkutsk State Medical University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Irkutsk State Medical University opens on 1st July and runs till 15th September. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Irkutsk State Medical University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Irkutsk State Medical University needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents for MBBS Admission in Irkutsk State Medical University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled MCI application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Irkutsk State Medical University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Irkutsk State Medical University.
Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Irkutsk State Medical University, Russia.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents willc then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Ukrainian visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Irkutsk State Medical University’s account.
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Irkutsk State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||4000 USD||1200 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||2,80,000 Rupees/yr.||84,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Irkutsk State Medical University
Irkutsk State Medical University offers 9 hostels for students to reside in. The hostel rooms are provided on twin as well as triple sharing basis. The hostel rooms are well-furnished and equipped with all the necessary facilities to make the students stay comfortable including 24 hours of internet connection. Other facilities offered to the students include basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts, and a separate mess for Indian students to grab Indian meals.
The city of Irkutsk experiences temperatures varying from 18-degree Celsius in July to -18-degree Celsius in January. Irkutsk is also home to the famous Lake Baikal and the nearest airport is located just 60 kilometers away from this lake. The city is also the largest in Siberia, Russia.
Why Students Prefer MBBS Study from Russia?
Russia has been the top choice of not only the Indian medical students but also for the medical aspirants from the different corner of the world. Today, Russia has become the education hub. There are many reasons making MBBS in Russia the top choice for medical students.
The Top Reasons for MBBS in Russia
- Top-class education facilities for medical students
- No specific entrance examinations for getting MBBS admission
- Both tuition fees and cost of accommodation are on the lower side
- Safe and peaceful atmosphere good for studies
- Medium of instruction is English for the international medical candidates
- No demand of capitation or donation of any kind
- Students from more than 57 countries travel to Russia for medical education every year
- The best of the labs and research facilities are being provided by the universities in Russia to medical aspirants
- Medical universities in Russia are duly recognised by MCI, WHO, and others
- Cooperative and qualified faculties to assist students anytime
- Welcoming people around who value education
- Along with the various facilities to study, the top MCI approved universities in Russia offers mingling of cultures and exchange of cultural values.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|