Formerly known as the Kyrgyz Republic, the beautiful country of Kyrgyzstan is situated in Central Asia. Given its natural beauty and amazing traditions, Kyrgyzstan is enveloped by mountains from all sides and share its borders with Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and China.
The capital Bishkek is the largest city in Kyrgyzstan and spreads across a total area of 49 square miles. The total population reaches up to 1,250,000. Kyrgyzstan is a heaven for students wishing to study MBBS abroad at lower fees. With top universities offering quality education, Kyrgyzstan is an option worth considering if you plan to study MBBS abroad.
University at a Glance
Here are some amazing facts about the OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan.
- World Ranking – 5673
- Country Ranking – 3
A public medical university, OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan has been training students since the year 1992. Earlier, OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan was known as OSH State University and it was established in 1951.
Accreditation and Recognition of OSH State Medical University
Nevertheless, the university achieved the status of university in 1992 when it began training students. OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan is leading scientific and educational centre in Kyrgyzstan, known for the quality education they provide.
The university has gained recognition from some of the top international organizations including;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- World Directory of Medical Schools;
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA (ECFMG);
- And, FAIMER.
Presently, over 12,000 students study at OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan of which 3000 comes from international countries such as India, China, Ukraine, etc.
Faculties / Departments at OSH State Medical University
OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan offers different faculties as listed below:
- Family Medicine
- General Medicine
- Infectious diseases
Why Study MBBS in OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan
OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan is considered the third best university in the whole of Kyrgyzstan. The university holds B+ grade and offers MBBS education and the lowest possible fees.
Situated just a 6 hours’ drive away from the Bishkek, OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan features the perfect environment for students to study MBBS abroad. More than 12,000 students study MBBS at OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan and 15% of the students’ strength comes from international countries. Though no scholarships are offered to Indian students, the fee is pretty low in the first place. Students after completing MBBS at OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan can also opt to do post-graduation abroad or do it at the same university as well.
The MBBS in Kyrgyzstan offered by OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan is a popular option for Indian students looking to do MBBS abroad and here are a few more reasons as to why.
- The entire course is taught in the English language.
- All educational programs in OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan abide by European standards of education.
- The academic fee is comparatively lower, and students don’t have to pass an entrance test in order to seek admission.
- The entire admission process is easy and simplified without donations or hidden charges.
- The MBBS degree offered is recognized worldwide.
- OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan see a good passing percentage in the NMC screening test every year.
- The university is accredited by some of the most prestigious international organizations including FAIMER, WHO, and NMC.
- OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan is also recognized by the International Association of Universities.
- Only 10 students allowed per class to provide each student with maximum attention.
- OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan partners with institutes from USA and UK to offer student exchange programs as well.
Duration of MBBS in OSH State Medical University
The duration of MBBS at OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in OSH State Medical University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in OSH State Medical University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS in OSH State Medical University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in OSH State Medical University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Kyrgyzstan visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in OSH State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||3200 USD||900 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||2,24,000 Rupees/yr.||63,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in OSH State Medical University
OSH State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan provides 9 hostels for students to reside in with fully furnished rooms and other facilities such as air conditioner, attached bathroom, telephone, colour T.V., telephone, refrigerator, public laundry, and kitchen, internet, etc. Students are given the ability to choose either 2 or 3 sharing hostel room options. The entire hostel area is kept under police surveillance 24/7 to avoid security mishaps.
Cricket tournaments are offered every year in April for international students other than the Indian festivals such as Diwali, Eid, Holi, Navroz, etc. Students can spend their leisure time outside or inside the campus exploring the beautiful tourist spots or the huge library. There are theatres and restaurants where you could grab a scrumptious meal present all around the city as well.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|