For students who can’t afford the tuition fees at Indian private medical colleges, MBBS abroad is the best option and countries like Ukraine is already making it awesome for medical aspirants. MBBS universities in Ukraine offer MD (equivalent to MBBS in India) which is acceptable worldwide. Keeping apart the affordable tuition fees, and cost of living, MBBS universities in Ukraine also use cadavers to practice on.
MBBS in Ukraine follows a similar education curriculum as followed in India, and the medium of instruction is mainly English. In the upcoming section, we will discuss factors that make Lviv National Medical University a great option to study MBBS in Ukraine.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 6750
- Country Ranking – 65
Lviv National Medical University was earlier known as Lviv State Medical Institute, and it is over 250 years old. Considered one of the oldest universities in the whole of Ukraine, Lviv National Medical University is located in a peaceful spot devoid of distractions. Established in 1784, the university offer MBBS course which is high on demand among international students due to the affordable fee structure and standard of education.
Accreditation and Recognition of Lviv National Medical University
Lviv National Medical University has also gained many accreditations under its belt as follows;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO);
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- And, 4th Level Of Accreditation.
The teaching staffs at Lviv National Medical University include 1200 researchers and teachers, and 108 professors. Currently, 2746 students are studying at Lviv National Medical University of which 484 are from foreign countries.
Faculties / Departments at Lviv National Medical University
The various faculties at Lviv National Medical University are as listed below:
- Faculty Of General Medicine – 2 Faculties
- Faculty Of Dentistry
- Faculty Of Pharmacy
- Faculty Of Foreign Students
- Faculty Of Postgraduate Education
Why Study MBBS in Lviv National Medical University
Lviv National Medical University has bagged 4th level of accreditation and is equipped with all top-notch technologies such as 3 huge laboratories, training stimulation centre, botanical garden, scientific library, dental medical centre, and more. This age-old university is also certified by ECFMG of the USA in addition to WHO and NMC. Lviv National Medical University provides students with all the necessary factors that allow them to grow and flourish.
Students pursuing MBBS at Lviv National Medical University are offered all facilities like spacious lecture halls, hostel, mess, 24/7 medical facilities, canteen and other refreshment options, as well as gym and sports club even.
Below given are the main benefits that students bag when studying MBBS in Ukraine at Lviv National Medical University.
- The entire course is taught in the English language and there are no language restrictions.
- Lviv National Medical University is over 250 years old and thus the academics feature a well-prepared curriculum.
- With over 150 professors, the university offers top-notch education by assisting the students in research and training programs of UG courses.
- Lviv National Medical University offer 91 postgraduate programs.
- The fee structure is kept quite affordable and economical for every student who wishes to study MBBS.
- The scientist working at Lviv National Medical University works in collaboration with scientists from international countries in the field of medicine and pharmacy.
- The university takes part in 12 scientific programs organized by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health and International Organizations.
Duration of MBBS in Lviv National Medical University
The duration of MBBS at Lviv National Medical University is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Lviv National Medical University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Lviv National Medical University opens on 1st July and runs till 15th September. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months. Visa is issued only after you receive the invitation letter, and there have been cases where students were rejected a visa by Ukraine consulate.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Lviv National Medical University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Lviv National Medical University needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents for MBBS Admission in Lviv National Medical University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Lviv National Medical University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Lviv National Medical University.
Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Lviv National Medical University, Ukraine.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Ukrainian visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Lviv National Medical University’s account.
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Lviv National Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE||HOSTEL FEE|
|MBBS Fee (1st Year Package)||8200 $||Included in Package|
|MBBS Fee (2nd to 6th Year)||4900 * 5 = 24,500 $||1000 * 5 = 5000 $|
|Total Fees in Rupees (INR) Approx.||22,89,000 Rupees||3,50,000 Rupees|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Lviv National Medical University
Lviv National Medical University has built a total of 9 hostels to provide accommodation for the 3500 students studying here. Spread across a massive area of 10 hectares, the hostel premises are equipped with reading rooms, dining rooms, computer rooms, and cafes. Also, hostel accommodation provided separately for boys and girls. The huge university library showcases around 5, 30,000 volumes of textbooks, medical literature, and other manuals.
A beautiful country in Ukraine, Lviv is an excellent place to live and study at. The place is also known as the pearl of Europe due to its chronicled environment and old architectural masterpieces. Though the city has embraced development, you can easily find ancient churches and demonstrable landmarks at every corner.
The climate here is temperately continental with temperatures ranging from -4-degree Celsius in January to 18-degree Celsius in June. Overall, studying MBBS at Lviv National Medical University will be a unique experience as your life will be peppered with unique culture and traditions.
Why Choose Ukraine for MBBS Study?
Ukraine has witnessed remarkable growth and development in the education sector particularly in the medical education sector in the last one decade. Although, there are many good reasons for choosing Ukraine for MBBS Studies, we have brought to you the highly considerable reasons.
The Top Reasons to Choose Ukraine for MBBS Studies
- World-class facility for study in medicine
- No entrance test for admission in any medical university
- Modern infrastructure with all the amenities
- No capitation or donation fee
- Affordable structure of fee for MBBS course
- Strength of the class is maintained for better attention to all
- Hassle-free and easy admission process for MBBS admission
- The medical study in Ukraine is famous across the world for the best of the education that is being provided at the NMC approved medical institutions
- Recognized by the leading bodies in the field of medicine including NMC, WHO various other medicine councils
- Affordable cost of living and food
- Numerous opportunities are opened with the completion of the course
- The pleasant weather is one of the reasons why students love medical studies in Ukraine
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|