Furthermore, the degrees offered by Polish medical universities are recognized worldwide and especially in countries like Canada, USA, and Australia. Thus studying MBBS in Poland gives you an opportunity to find a job in the European Union as well as across the world.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 5211
- Country Ranking – 60
Established in 1949, Medical University of Lodz is one of the leading and the largest state-owned medical universities in Poland. It is also a popular research centre in the country and its traditions date back to the 1940s. The Medical University of Lodz educates future doctors and specialists in the field of medicine. Furthermore, the university also conducts researches for clinical trials and has gained a leading position in research areas like molecular biology, oncology, immunology, endocrinology, and hypertension.
Accreditation and Recognition of Medical University of Lodz
The various recognitions bagged by Medical University of Lodz, Poland include
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA (ECFMG);
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Poland);
- Ministry of Health (Poland);
- And, International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
Presently, over 9500 students study at the Medical University of Lodz of which more than 700 students hail from 65+ foreign countries. The faculty members account to around 1600 employees of which 180 are professors, and 850 are PhD academics.
Faculties / Departments at Medical University of Lodz
The Medical University of Lodz, Poland offers 7 faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Physiotherapy
- Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Military Medicine
Why Study MBBS in Medical University of Lodz, Poland
The Medical University of Lodz aims to make education better for medical aspirants. The university covers all aspects of medicine from clinical studies to theory classes taught by qualified professionals. The Medical University of Lodz owns 4 teaching hospitals with a bed capacity of 1600. Apart from this, an additional 34 wards of municipal hospitals with a bed capacity of 1200 are also used for teaching. The scientist at the Medical University of Lodz conducts extensive research from clinical trials and the university constantly invests in the development of its students.
Below, we will take a look at why students should opt to study MBBS at Medical University of Lodz, Poland.
- Medical University of Lodz, Poland is a leading medical university in the whole of Poland and ranked 1st in the National Medical Exam conducted in the year 2012 and 2013.
- Clinical training is provided in over 4 clinical hospitals.
- The university has a teaching tradition of over 70 years and has gained international recognition.
- The tuition fee is quite affordable, and ultra-modern teaching techniques like phantom rooms and simulators are equipped in the university.
- Presently, over 700 international students from 65+ countries study at the Medical University of Lodz, Poland. Thus, students get to experience a multicultural environment.
- The whole admission process is conducted online including the entrance exam.
- Medical University of Lodz, Poland collaborates with top educational and research centres in international countries.
- Graduates of the Medical University of Lodz, Poland can opt to do practical training abroad or in the same university.
- The environment is safe and comfortable and provides students with a feeling of friendliness.
Duration of MBBS in Medical University of Lodz
The duration of MBBS at the Medical University of Lodz, Poland is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Medical University of Lodz
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the Medical University of Lodz, Poland opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Medical University of Lodz
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the Medical University of Lodz, Poland needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Medical University of Lodz
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Medical University of Lodz
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Medical University of Lodz, Poland. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Medical University of Lodz, Poland.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Polish visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Medical University of Lodz, Poland’s account.
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Medical University of Lodz
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||12500 USD||1200 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||8,75 ,000 Rupees/yr.||84,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Medical University of Lodz
The Medical University of Lodz offers housing facilities for students in their two dormitories. The residence halls are made as comfortable as possible with all necessities and English-speaking staff to make students feel at home. The dorms further are distinguished based on the provided and the rent varies with the facilities you require as well.
Furthermore, students can also opt to stay in the huge array of apartments and flats for rent in Lodz. This type of accommodation is pretty popular among international students. Lodz is a splendid destination with plenty of activities that make the students entertained and active throughout. The sightseeing trips, cultural trips, and theatre festivals will offer students with an experience worth remembering.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|