Poland is one of the few destinations to study MBBS abroad that holds a long history of providing quality education to students. When compared to other popular Study MBBS abroad destinations, studying MBBS in Poland is a great option for Indian students due to the experienced staff, comprehensive study environment, and quality educational standards.
Furthermore, the majority of the medical education institutions in Poland are recognized by international organizations such as the National Medical Commission and the World Health Organization. Here are some amazing facts about the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 1408
- Country Ranking – 15
Established in the year 1945, Medical University of Gdansk is situated in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe – Poland. The university offers a wide array of English-taught programs in various fields. The Medical University of Gdansk also provides high standards of education and holds scientific researches every year.
Accreditation and Recognition of Medical University of Gdansk
Medical University of Gdansk, Poland is recognized by some of the most prestigious international organization like;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- And, the Polish Government.
Currently, over 6000 students study at Medical University of Gdansk of which 19% of the students are from international countries. Most of the international students hail from countries such as the UK, USA, Canada, Iraq, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Germany, India, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq. There are four faculties and 2 sub-faculties at the university.
Faculties / Departments at Medical University of Gdansk
The Medical University of Gdansk, Poland offers different faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Health Sciences – Sub-faculty of Nursing and Institute of Maritime and Tropical Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy – Sub-faculty of Laboratory Medicine
- Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology
Why Study MBBS in Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Studying MBBS at the Medical University of Gdansk is one of the best options for Indian students planning to study MBBS in Poland.
Here are a few more reasons as to why the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland is a great option to do MBBS in Poland.
- The Polish government has recognized the university as a National Leading Scientific Centre (KNOW). Furthermore, Medical University of Gdansk also conducts Medical Education Day and Picnic for Health. Also, the university has been a member of the ‘Study in Pomorskie’ since 2009 – a program that promotes Polish universities abroad.
- Currently, many graduates from the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland work in leading countries around the world like the UK, USA, Australia, India, etc.
- The Medical University of Gdansk is one of the best universities to study MBBS in Poland.
- The best thing about studying MBBS at the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland is the clinical training they provide in various general hospitals.
- The Medical University of Gdansk actively takes part in international exchange programs with ERAMUS+.
- Students can see and experience working with special cases every day, and no limitations are set on how many times a student can visit the hospitals. This further helps broaden and boost their knowledge while also keeping it up-to-date.
- Students are given complete access to the libraries that hold a vast number of books. The lending library is where you could borrow books from, whereas at the reference library you will find special editions of various books.
- Medical University of Gdansk, Poland also offers e-library services which are the best in the country to go through collections and collections of e-books.
Duration of MBBS in Medical University of Gdansk
The duration of MBBS at the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Medical University of Gdansk
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Medical University of Gdansk
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS in Medical University of Gdansk
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Medical University of Gdansk
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Medical University of Gdansk, Poland. Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Medical University of Gdansk, Poland.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Polish visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Medical University of Gdansk, Poland’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Medical University of Gdansk
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||12000 USD||1700 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||8,40,000 Rupees/yr.||1,19,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Medical University of Gdansk
The Medical University of Gdansk offers accommodation for their students in the 4 dormitories. The dormitories are situated just a couple of minutes’ walk away from the classroom buildings and can accommodate a total of 1000 students. All the students are given access to the internet and other basic necessities.
Other facilities like grocery shop, canteen, and libraries are offered to students on the campus. Students can grab delicious meals at affordable rates all around the day. Furthermore, Medical University of Gdansk takes part in initiatives that aid in improving the quality of teaching.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|