What’s better than studying in a university that’s approved by NMC paying an affordable fee?
If you consider it something you can only dream about, studying MBBS at Ukraine makes your dreams come true. Most of the medical institutions in Ukraine holds top positions in the world ranking, and provide MBBS programs for a lower fee.
The quality of education provided in MBBS universities in Ukraine is much superior, and students don’t have to pay donations to secure an admission. Additionally, IELTS or any other entrance exams are also not made a requirement to make the admission procedure seamless.
With student exchange programs, and a healthy atmosphere, here are the top benefits that Sumy State University has to offer to medical aspirants.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 2656
- Country Ranking – 4
Sumy State University is presently the leading university to study MBBS in Ukraine. The university was established in 1948, and since then it has bagged both 3rd and 4th level accreditation. Situated in the north-east region of Ukraine in a city named Sumy, over 15,000 students study at Sumy State University of which 1300 are foreign students.
Among the many recognitions that Sumy State University has gained is its appearance in the Global Research University Profiles (GRUP) put together by Shanghai Ranking, and The Almanac of World’s Best Universities by The Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Accreditation and Recognition of Sumy State University
Moreover, Sumy State University is also recognized by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates;
- World Federation of Medical Education;
- And, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The Worldwide Internet Ranking has ranked Sumy State University as the 4th best university in Ukraine. Teaching, e-learning, engagement, no matter what aspect is considered, Sumy State University passes each with a whopping 5 stars.
Sumy State University is also a member of the International Association of Universities, Magna Charta Universitatum, European University Association, World Health Organization, and Eurasian Association of Universities.
Faculties / Departments at Sumy State University
The different faculties and institutes offered by Sumy State University are as follows:
- Electronics and IT
- Social Communication and Foreign Philology
- Technical System and Energy Efficient Technology
- Economics and Management
- Pedagogical Innovations and Skills Upgrading
- Faculty of Law
- International Education Department
- Distance Learning Regional Centre
- Konotop Institute
- Medical Institute
- Shostka Institute
- Machine-Building College
- Polytechnic School
- Chemical and Technology
- Industrial Pedagogy
Why Study MBBS In Sumy State University
Considered a top MBBS University in Ukraine, affordable fee, diverse lifestyle, and top-quality education are among the many reasons that make studying MBBS at Sumy State University a preferred choice.
Sumy State University is highly reputed in the field of academic research and has also published many academic journals. The total number of faculty members and medical personnel crosses 2000 alongside the 835 full-time teachers, 65 doctoral supervisors, and 482 master supervisors.
Before moving further, let’s take a glance at the top benefits offered by Sumy State University to the medical aspirants who wish to study here.
- The entire course is taught in the English language.
- Guaranteed accommodation facility is offered to all foreign students.
- Students are provided with a personal pass to enter the hostel in order to prevent unauthorised access.
- The campus is always kept under surveillance to ensure students’ safety.
- Sumy State University encourages students to take part in international academic mobility programs such as internships, and placement programmes in countries like Germany, USA, and Belgium etc.
- Seamless admission procedure devoid of donations.
- Students get to enjoy European standards of living.
- The MBBS degree provided is recognized worldwide and opens your door to endless opportunities.
Duration of MBBS in Sumy State University
The duration of MBBS at Sumy State University is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Sumy State University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Sumy State University opens on 1st July and runs till 15th September. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months. Visa is issued only after you receive the invitation letter, and there have been cases where students were rejected a visa by Ukraine consulate.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Sumy State University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Sumy State University needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents Required for MBBS Admission in Sumy State University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled NMC application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Sumy State University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Sumy State University.
Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Sumy State University, Ukraine.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the Ukrainian visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Sumy State University’s
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
MBBS Fees in Sumy State University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE||HOSTEL FEE|
|MBBS Fee (1st Year Package)||7500 $||Included in Package|
|MBBS Fee (2nd to 6th Year)||4000 * 5 = 27,500 $||1000 * 5 = 5000 $|
|Total Fees in Rupees (INR) Approx.||19,25,000 Rupees||3,50,000 Rupees|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Sumy State University
Sumy State University provides accommodation for all international students studying MBBS here. The 3 different hostels are fully furnished and equipped with all the necessary amenities. Also, a surveillance security system is installed at the campus and hostel to ensure maximum security of the students.
Every student who stays in the hostel is allotted a pass to enter and exit. This is done to prevent unauthorised entry. Students are served dinner at the university dining hall that can accommodate nearly 274 students at once. Other places to dine include the Sumy State University dining hall that can accommodate 80 people.
Various games are organized by The Students Council during New Year’s Day, the Fall Day, and on 8th March which is observed as the Students Day. Additional facilities offered by Sumy State University are a library that holds more than 3 million books, sports teams, and more.
Why Choose Ukraine for MBBS Study?
Ukraine has witnessed remarkable growth and development in the education sector particularly in the medical education sector in the last one decade. Although, there are many good reasons for choosing Ukraine for MBBS Studies, we have brought to you the highly considerable reasons.
The Top Reasons to Choose Ukraine for MBBS Studies
- World-class facility for study in medicine
- No entrance test for admission in any medical university
- Modern infrastructure with all the amenities
- No capitation or donation fee
- Affordable structure of fee for MBBS course
- Strength of the class is maintained for better attention to all
- Hassle-free and easy admission process for MBBS admission
- The medical study in Ukraine is famous across the world for the best of the education that is being provided at the NMC approved medical institutions
- Recognized by the leading bodies in the field of medicine including NMC, WHO various other medicine councils
- Affordable cost of living and food
- Numerous opportunities are opened with the completion of the course
- The pleasant weather is one of the reasons why students love medical studies in Ukraine
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|