Russia has been a popular destination among students planning to study MBBS abroad. One factor worth mentioning is that Russia holds around 30 positions among the top medical universities ranking in the world. Majority of the medical universities in Russia are recognized by WHO and other major international organizations.
The country has witnessed a tenfold increase in the number of international students travelling here to study MBBS in Russia. MBBS in Russia is an easy option for medical aspirants as they don’t have to pay huge donations or fees. Furthermore, the admission procedure is quite easy and medical courses are completely taught in English medium.
University at A Glance
- World Ranking – 5643
- Country Ranking – 193
Located in the West Siberian part of Russia, Altai State Medical University provides high-quality medical education in Russia. Since its advent, the university has educated over 25,000 doctors and pharmaceutics. Furthermore, Altai State Medical University is controlled by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation and it is one of the major hubs for cultural exchange and research.
Accreditation and Recognition of Altai State Medical University
Found in the year 1954, the first graduation session at Altai State Medical University took place in 1960. In 1975, the faculty of pharmaceutics was incorporated and since then the university has grown to become a renowned name in the world.
Altai State Medical University is recognized by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- And, The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
So far, Altai State Medical University has trained over 20,000 graduates, and the staff in the university account to around 100 doctors, and 350 candidates of science. Every year over 4000 students come to study at Altai State Medical University of which 350 students hail from international countries.
Faculties / Departments at Altai State Medical University
Altai State Medical University has six faculties as listed below:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Hygiene and Disease Prevention
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty for Further Vocational Education
Why Study MBBS in Altai State Medical University, Russia
Studying MBBS at Altai State Medical University is truly a privilege that most medical aspirants could aim for. The university first started accepting international students in the year 1991, and the Faculty of Foreign Students was organized in 1994.
Innovative scientific development is considered an important factor by the university. In order to meet the modern and changing needs of the medical industry, Altai State Medical University conducts various scientific projects and continuously upgrade their infrastructure.
Graduates from Altai State Medical University after completing the 6-year MBBS course successfully go forward to work in various countries around the world including India, Canada, USA, Africa, and Israel.
Below listed are the primary advantages of studying MBBS at Altai State Medical University, Russia.
- Altai State Medical University is a one among the top medical universities located in Russia which awards a medical degree recognized globally.
- As the course is taught in English, an ever-increasing number of international students including Indian students currently pursue MBBS in Russia.
- Altai State Medical University, Russia offers student exchange programs with many American and European universities.
- Studying MBBS in Russia doesn’t require students to qualify IELTS/TOEFL screening tests.
- Altai State Medical University offers on-campus accommodation facilities for foreign students and the admission procedure are devoid of entrance examinations.
Duration of MBBS in Altai State Medical University
MBBS course at Altai State Medical University runs for a total of 6 years irrespective of the students’ nationality. The first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical or academic medical education, while the last one year deals with hands-on-experience or an internship in an affiliated hospital.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Altai State Medical University
The admission process to apply for MBBS in Armenia begins in July and runs through August. The classes start in September. Nevertheless, it is important that students who wish to pursue MBBS in Altai State Medical University initiate the process with a reliable consultant at the earliest as it takes around two months for the application to be processed. Also, it is important that students make sure they have all the necessary documents ready by the time the offer letter reaches their hand.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Altai State Medical University
Students who wish to study MBBS in Altai State Medical University needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Altai State Medical University
The entire admission procedure takes place in 4 steps – Registration, Admission Confirmation, Visa Application, and Travel Conformation.
In order to initiate the registration process, applicants are to submit scanned copies of the following documents.
- Attested mark sheet and pass certificate of grade 10th
- Attested mark sheet and pass certificate of grade 12th
- Birth certificate
- 12 Passport size photographs
- Attested and notarized passport copy
- NEET scorecard
Applicants will receive an admission letter within seven working days after their documents are verified and approved. Once you receive the admission letter, you are to submit your original documents, and in around 15 days you will receive approval from the ministry along with the below-listed documents.
- Approval letter from the Ministry
- Invitation letter issued by the university
- Accommodation letter
Once you receive the approval letter from the ministry, you are to deposit the tuition fees to the university’s bank account at the earliest.
Once we receive the documents from the university, we will apply for your online visa on your behalf. Please be aware that it might take around 5-7 working days.
Finally, we will make convenient travel arrangements for you. We will provide you with all the details regarding the departure date, time, and venue. It is during this stage when you will pay the last instalment of processing fee.
MBBS Tuition Fees in Altai State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||3700 USD||1200 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||2,59,000 Rupees/yr.||84,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe
Accommodation Facilities in Altai State Medical University
International students studying MBBS at Altai State Medical University are given the option to live either in rental apartments or in the hostels. There are three hostels situated right in the heart of the university campus which features separate accommodation facilities for foreign and native students as well as boys and girls.
All the three hostels are equipped with kitchens, washrooms, and bathrooms that offer both cold as well as hot water supply. As the campus is situated in the center of the city named Barnaul, students can easily make use of the public transport options to travel around the country. Furthermore, the campus is also peppered with facilities like playgrounds, reading halls, libraries, and canteens for students to spend their leisure time. There are also various cultural activities and clubs for students to showcase their talents, and indulge in their hobbies.
Why Students Prefer MBBS Study from Russia?
Russia has been the top choice of not only the Indian medical students but also for the medical aspirants from the different corner of the world. Today, Russia has become the education hub. There are many reasons making MBBS in Russia the top choice for medical students.
The Top Reasons for MBBS in Russia
- Top-class education facilities for medical students
- No specific entrance examinations for getting MBBS admission
- Both tuition fees and cost of accommodation are on the lower side
- Safe and peaceful atmosphere good for studies
- Medium of instruction is English for the international medical candidates
- No demand of capitation or donation of any kind
- Students from more than 57 countries travel to Russia for medical education every year
- The best of the labs and research facilities are being provided by the universities in Russia to medical aspirants
- Medical universities in Russia are duly recognised by NMC, WHO, and others
- Cooperative and qualified faculties to assist students anytime
- Welcoming people around who value education
- Along with the various facilities to study, the top NMC approved universities in Russia offers mingling of cultures and exchange of cultural values.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|