A country of Transcaucasia, Georgia is situated at the eastern end of the Black Sea and nestled among the main crest of the Greater Caucasus Mountains. Both the north and the northeast boundaries are surrounded by Russia, while Azerbaijan, Armenia, and turkey surround the east, southeast, and southern boundaries. Whereas, Black seas spread along the western end. Georgia is a member of the GUAM Organisation for Democracy and Economic Development, Lisbon Convention, and the Council of Europe.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 13032
- Country Ranking – 47
Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia or TOU – a Georgian semi-private university was established in 2002. Located in Tbilisi, Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia aims to implement international educational standards in research and teaching. The modern academic programs are offered to students in an excellent educational and research environment. The highly qualified professors and best infrastructure add to the many reasons that make Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia the best university to study MBBS in Georgia.
Accreditation and Recognition of Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia has gained a 5-year accreditation from the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia in 2013. Additional accreditations include;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (NMC);
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER);
- And, Resolution No.- 156 Educational Program Credition Board.
Faculties / Departments at Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Teaching faculties in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia features a high level of experience and are exceptionally friendly and co-operative with the students. As the university is constantly striving to improve its facilities and quality of education, it is bringing in new technologies and developments in the medical education sector. The following are the faculties offered at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia:
- Healthcare Sciences
- Business and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
The Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia runs a total of 18 Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral degree programs both in English and Georgian languages in the fields listed below.
- Business Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Education Management
- International Relations
- Health Care Services
Why Study MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia
Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia boasts a total of 400 staffs, 3000 students, and is currently one of the fastest growing universities in Georgia. A considerable part of the students’ base comes from outside Georgia. Thus, students here enjoy a diverse student-centred environment and top quality education.
Below listed are the primary advantages of studying MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia.
- Most affordable fees structure and cost of living while the quality of education is of top quality and par with the Indian standard of education.
- Listed by WHO and NMC, and globally recognized.
- Students exchange programs to USA, Europe, Canada, and Australia.
- Unlike 6 years, duration of MBBS here is 5 years.
- No mandatory language courses and MBBS is taught completely in English.
- Availability of separate hostel for boys and girls along with Indian mess that serves both veg and non-veg dishes.
- Separate Indian warden to take care of the students’ security.
- Preparatory coaching for NMC test by elite professors from top Indian medical colleges.
Duration of MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
MBBS course at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia runs for a total of 6 years including 1 year of internship. The first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical or academic medical education, while the last one year deals with hands-on-experience or an internship in an affiliated hospital.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
The classes for MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia commence in September. The admission process usually begins in September, but as there are thousands of students who apply for MBBS in Georgia from around the world, it is important that you place your application at the earliest. The seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you apply, the better.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Students who wish to study MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 40% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- The applicants should clear both IELTS and TOEFL.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
The admission procedure to apply for MBBS in Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia is as follows.
- Fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
- The applications are reviewed by the university after which the applicants are to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
- Once it is done, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants within 30 days. Upon this, the university receives a ministry order and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
- The visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
- After the fee is cleared, the day and date of departure are planned and finalised.
MBBS Fees in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||4500 USD||1000 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||3,15,000 Rupees/yr.||70,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Tbilisi Open Teaching University
Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia provide separate hostel accommodation for both boys and girls. Indian students studying MBBS at Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia can enjoy both veg and non-veg food at the Indian mess available here. Furthermore, an Indian warden is specifically employed to take care of the Indian students.
The facilities offered by the university for students include 24 hours Wi-Fi facility, science labs, conference rooms, student workspaces, and simulation labs. FMGE/EXIT Coaching is provided to students without additional charges by elite professors from top medical colleges in India. Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia is located in Tbilisi, the largest city of Georgia. Earlier known as Tiflis, the city is a hub to people belonging to multiple cultures, and showcase a humid subtropical climate. The city experiences moderately cold winters and very warm summers. The annual temperature ranges around 13.5-degree Celsius. The international airport is located around 17 km southeast from central Tbilisi.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|