The excellent climatic condition and brilliant education structure are two main reasons why Georgia is a popular destination among medical aspirants. A tourist hotspot in itself, Georgia is also slowly transforming into a hub for students who wish to study MBBS abroad. Medical universities in Georgia hold the best ranks among both Europe and Asia as well. Students who are on the brink of giving up their dreams due to the high fee in Indian private medical colleges can fulfil their MBBS dreams by choosing the nicer option – MBBS in Georgia. Though low fees, the MBBS universities in Georgia provide a rich atmosphere and employ modern technologies in the educational curriculum.
University at a Glance
Here are the main reasons why Tbilisi Medical Academy is a great option to study MBBS in Georgia.
- World Ranking – 11606
- Country Ranking – 30
Established in 1992, Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy is one of the oldest medical universities in Georgia. Furthermore, Tbilisi Medical Academy is also best known around the world for its best self-controlled environment and an amazing array of highly-qualified faculty staffs.
Accreditation and Recognition of Tbilisi Medical Academy
The university is widely recognized and accredited by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- Medical Council Of India (MCI);
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME);
- Georgian Education Ministry;
- Association of Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
- European Medical Students Association (EMSA);
- Foundation of International Directory of Medical Education and Research (FAIMER);
- And, International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
Tbilisi Medical Academy features an excellent student to teacher ratio and collaborates with several other reputed universities in Europe to which they offer student transfer programs. There are currently around 700 students studying here from all around the world with 110 academic staffs guiding them through every stage of transforming into a Doctor.
Faculties / Departments at Tbilisi Medical Academy
Tbilisi Medical Academy has a single faculty – Faculty of Medicine:
- Human Anatomy
Why Study MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy
Sophisticated libraries, advanced technology, and scientific nursing labs are just a few of the many facilities that Tbilisi Medical Academy offers. The university offer MBBS education that is stands equal in terms of quality when compared to any other international universities. The hundreds of students flying in every year to study MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy are gifted with a brilliant academic environment, unparalleled infrastructure, and other academic facilities.
Take a look at the top advantages of studying MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy.
- The course is taught completely in English, and this has led to an increased in the number of international students including Indian students currently pursuing MBBS in Georgia.
- Studying MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy doesn’t require students to qualify IELTS/TOEFL screening tests.
- Tbilisi Medical Academy offers on-campus accommodation facilities for foreign students and the admission procedure are devoid of entrance examinations.
- After the completion of good quality education, students are awarded a universally recognized MBBS degree.
- Students are offered direct admission with no donation.
Duration of MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy
MBBS course at Tbilisi Medical Academy runs for a total of 6 years including 1 year of internship. The first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical or academic medical education, while the last one year deals with hands-on-experience or an internship in an affiliated hospital.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Tbilisi Medical Academy
The classes for MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy commence in September, and the admission process usually opens in May. As there are thousands of students who apply for MBBS in Georgia from around the world, it is important that you place your application at the earliest. The seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you apply, the better.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Tbilisi Medical Academy
Students who wish to study MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 40% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- The applicants should clear both IELTS and TOEFL.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Tbilisi Medical Academy
The admission procedure to apply for MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy is as follows.
- Fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
- The applications are reviewed by the university after which the applicants are to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
- Once it is done, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants within 30 days. Upon this, the university receives a ministry order and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
- The visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
- After the fee is cleared, the day and date of departure are planned and finalised.
MBBS Fees in Tbilisi Medical Academy
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||6000 USD||1100 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||4,20,000 Rupees/yr.||77,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Tbilisi Medical Academy
Tbilisi Medical Academy considers students as their precious possessions and thus strives to provide them with the best educational experience. This includes providing them everyday necessities like a library featuring over 2000 books and study materials, well-furnished hostel, internet facility, 24-hour hot water supply, separate study rooms, kitchens equipped with modern gadgets, superior security, and delicious food.
With a population of around 1.5 million people, the largest city in Georgia rocks a humid subtropical climate. The summers are very warm, and the winters considerably cold. Tbilisi also receives substantial rainfall throughout the year like any other part of Georgia. Furthermore, Tbilisi is a multicultural city that is home to over 100 ethnic groups including Georgians, Russians, Armenians, Kurds, and more.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|