Tbilisi State Medical University
Georgia features an excellent climatic condition and education infrastructure for students to thrive and strive. An ideal tourist destination, Georgia has already transformed into a hub for students wishing to study MBBS abroad. The majority of students who fly in here are from Asia, Africa, and America, and the affordable tuition fees prove to be the major attracting force that drives them in. However, though the tuition fee is lower than that of Indian private medical colleges, MBBS in Georgia offers a healthy atmosphere, unique lifestyle, and modern technologies – everything that students need when pursuing MBBS.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 8429
- Country Ranking – 6
Founded in 1918, Tbilisi State Medical University is the largest medical university in the whole of Georgia and Eastern Europe. Earlier known as Tbilisi State University (TSU), the university was renamed as Tbilisi State Medical University after 85 years. The university has produced over 40,000 doctors since its advent and over 500 administrative staffs and 1000 associate professors guide the students through the entire course. The classroom in Tbilisi State Medical University features the latest teaching technologies, and the university is equipped with sophisticated libraries and scientific nursing labs.
Accreditation and Recognition of Tbilisi State Medical University
The Tbilisi State Medical University has several authorizations and accreditations under their name including recognitions by;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- Medical Council Of India (MCI);
- Education Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- International Medical Education Directory;
- Georgian Education Ministry;
- World Federation of Medical Education (WFME);
- And, European Commission for Education.
Tbilisi State Medical University ranks sixth out of the 55 higher education institutions in Georgia in 2019. There are around 7500 students studying here for undergraduate and 3000 students for postgraduate courses of which 25% of whom are other foreign nationals.
Each class consists of around 10 to 14 students to ensure that each student gets the care, and attention that they require. Important conferences are conducted at the university every year where professors from around the world come to deliver lectures. Also, a cultural meeting is held at Tbilisi State Medical University for foreign students to enjoy their Georgian life.
Why Study MBBS in Tbilisi State Medical University
Over 100 years old, Tbilisi State Medical University offers courses in both English and Georgian to its students. Presently, students from countries including India, Armenia, Sri Lanka, USA, Ghana, Turkey, Nigeria, and Azerbaijan study MBBS in Tbilisi State Medical University. Primarily Georgia is a safe country, and the medical education provided is of top quality.
Below listed are the primary advantages of studying MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia. The MBBS program is 6 years long and it brings up qualified physicians with proper competencies who are ready to take up post-graduation and special training education. The notable alumni of Tbilisi State Medical University are also full of quality, energy, and experience.
- Tbilisi State Medical University is one of the oldest and the most valued university in the country.
- The level of knowledge imparted and research-oriented studies are given primary importance in TSMU.
- All the procedures in the university are kept effective and transparent so that students can enjoy maximum freedom and leverage on the facilities to evolve as great doctors.
- Tbilisi State Medical University is the largest government medical university in Georgia.
- Tbilisi State Medical University cooperates with all the major hospitals in Tbilisi to provide students with hands-on experience.
- TSMU is recognized by the ministries such as European Union Ministry of Education, Georgian Ministry of Education and Science, and Georgian Ministry of Health and labour affairs.
Duration of MBBS in Tbilisi State Medical University
MBBS course at Tbilisi State Medical University runs for a total of 6 years including 1 year of internship. The first 2 years are dedicated to basic theoretical or academic medical education, 1 year to pre-clinical, and the last three years deal with clinical courses.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Tbilisi State Medical University
There are basically two intakes to Tbilisi State Medical University. Every year the intakes commence in September as well as March. The admission process usually ends by July 15, and as there are thousands of students who apply for MBBS in Georgia from around the world, it is important that you place your application at the earliest. The seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier you apply, the better.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Tbilisi State Medical University
Students who wish to study MBBS in Tbilisi State Medical University needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 40% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- The applicants should clear both IELTS and TOEFL.
MBBS Admission Procedure in Tbilisi State Medical University
The admission procedure to apply for MBBS in Tbilisi State Medical University is as follows.
- Fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
- The applications are reviewed by the university after which the applicants are to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
- Once it is done, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants within 30 days. Upon this, the university receives a ministry order and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
- The visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
- After the fee is cleared, the day and date of departure are planned and finalised.
MBBS Fees in Tbilisi State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||6500 USD||1400 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||4,55,000 Rupees/yr.||98,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Tbilisi State Medical University
A stimulating country, Georgia portrays a mixture of both traditional and modern culture. You can find almost all of the world’s major languages being spoken here as the country is a hub of people belonging to various cultural, social, and political groups.
Tbilisi State Medical University offers hostel facilities for the student upon request. The hostel rooms are quite comfortable to live in and meet with the European living standards. Students who require accommodation and food will have to pay an additional charge of $300-$350 every month. In case, you don’t want to stay in the dorms, you can also easily find apartments for rent near the university where 3 or 4 students could easily stay together in a single apartment.
Why choose StudyEurope.in?
- Study Europe is the best solution when you are looking for consultancy firm for MBBS abroad
- You can complete rely and trust us
- Our aim is to fulfill every MBBS aspirant’s dreams
- We take care of the overall admission procedure from start to the end
- We provided categorized and customized solution to all MBBS aspirant
- We deal with the best universities in Europe and all of them are accredited
- We are available 24×7; you can contact with via our chat service
- We are an authorized educational representative and fully trustworthy consultancy firm
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration in Europe 2020/21
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
Study Europe Education Consultant can be your reliable companion and trusted ally for all admissions related information on MBBS in Abroad programs. For us, You are above everything, feel free to ask whatever your queries. We modify our services and cater the customized solution to an individual MBBS aspirant. We are an authorized representative of MCI Approved universities for MBBS in Europe.