If you are contemplating the option of studying MBBS abroad, studying MBBS in Russia is an option you must consider. There are around 57 MBBS universities in entire Russia, the majority of which feature a student-teacher ratio of 7:1. Additionally, all the universities are also recognized by WHO and medical councils of leading countries such as USA, India, UK, Australia, and the Middle East.
The largest country in the world, it is also pretty easy for an average student to get admission into any of the medical universities in Russia. With the availability of accommodation facilities, Indian food, and low education fee, there is never a reason why you shouldn’t study MBBS in Russia.
University at a Glance
- World Ranking – 4893
- Country Ranking – 177
Named after V.I. Razumovsky, Saratov State Medical University was established in the year 1909. It is one of the oldest and the most prestigious government medical universities in entire Russia. The first batch of students included 93 male students. The university started accepting international students in 1991 and witnessed a large number of Indian students applying for admission to study MBBS in Russia.
Accreditation and Recognition of Saratov State Medical University
Saratov State Medical University, Russia is recognized by some of the most prestigious international organization like;
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- Medical Council Of India (MCI);
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED);
- US Education Department;
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS);
- And General Council of Medicine of Great Britain.
Currently, over 5000 students study at Saratov State Medical University, Russia of which 1500 comes from over 50 foreign countries. Saratov State Medical University, Russia feature 817 professors who train students under 11 faculties and 70 departments.
Faculties / Departments at Saratov State Medical University
The 11 faculties are as listed below:
- Faculty of General Medicine (MBBS)
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Medical Psychology
- Faculty of Economic and Health Care Management
- Faculty of Prevocational Training
- Faculty of Training and Internship
Why Study MBBS In Saratov State Medical University, Russia
Since its advent, Saratov State Medical University has strongly held to the classic system of teaching medicine. This includes detailed theoretical lectures and subsequent practical session in various clinical departments.
Furthermore, Saratov State Medical University also holds international education and research programs with foreign countries such as Asia, Europe, and America. Graduates of Saratov State Medical University qualify to kick-start their medical career in any country of their preference.
Here are a few more reasons as to why Saratov State Medical University, Russia is a great option to do MBBS in Russia.
- Currently, many graduates from Saratov State Medical University, Russia work in leading countries around the world like the UK, USA, Australia, India, etc.
- The best thing about studying MBBS at Saratov State Medical University, Russia is the clinical training they provide in various hospitals with.
- The administration of Saratov State Medical University put extra attention to ensure the safety of each student and also doesn’t tolerate any misbehaviour.
- In order to make the admission procedure as easy as possible, the university hasn’t incorporated any kind of entrance exam into the process.
- Saratov State Medical University is recognized by some of the top international organizations.
- The educational fee structure is quite affordable so that all medical aspirants can fulfil their dream of becoming a medical professional.
- The students are provided additional facilities like basketball and volleyball courts, gyms, canteens and common spaces alongside accommodation options.
Duration of MBBS in Saratov State Medical University
The duration of MBBS at Saratov State Medical University, Russia is 6 years where the first 5 years are dedicated to theoretical studies and the last one year to clinical practice/ internship. During the second and third year, students can opt to take part in practical researches as well.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Saratov State Medical University
The admission for MBBS undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Saratov State Medical University, Russia opens on 1st July and runs till 15th August. However, it is important that you apply before 30th July every year as the visa process can take anywhere from 2-3 months.
Eligibility for MBBS Admission in Saratov State Medical University
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Saratov State Medical University, Russia needs to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high-school graduate or should hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 45% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
Documents for MBBS Admission in Saratov State Medical University
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled MCI application form
MBBS Admission Procedure in Saratov State Medical University
All the candidates who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can easily procure a seat at Saratov State Medical University, Russia.
Briefly listed below is the admission security to apply to Saratov State Medical University, Russia.
- Fill the application form, and gather all the required documents.
- The documents will then be sent to the university, where it will be analysed by the authorities, after which you will receive the invitation letter.
- Once you receive the invitation letter, the process to apply for the visa begins at the embassy of the respective country.
- Documents are submitted at the embassy and the admission fee is deposited to the Saratov State Medical University, Russia’s account.
We assist you throughout the entire process of applying to the university till completing your 6-year MBBS course at the university in numerous ways. We carefully collect, analyse and send your documents to the university on your behalf, and initiate the visa process after receiving the invitation letter. With us, you will always get to enjoy a taste of the trust factor.
Tuition Fee for Saratov State Medical University
|PARTICULARS||TUITION FEE/YEAR||HOSTEL FEE/YEAR|
|FEES IN US DOLLARS||4500 USD||500 USD|
|FEES IN RUPEES (INR) Approx.||3,15,000 Rupees/yr.||35,000 Rupees/yr.|
Disclaimer: Study Europe Consultants cautiously affirm that the given amount of Tuition Fees is not volatile and subject to change without any prior intimation to the students. Also, the amount is in USD, not in Indian Rupees. To know the exact tuition fees, Hostel Fees, Living Cost and Exchange Value of USD in Indian Rupees, please contact our experts at Study Europe.
Accommodation Facilities in Saratov State Medical University
Saratov State Medical University offers comfortable hostels for international students which are allotted on the basis of twin sharing. All hostel rooms feature central heating and cooling systems, internet connection, and laundry facilities alongside the other basic necessities. Students can also prepare meals in the kitchen equipped on every floor of the hostel buildings. The hostels are kept under 24/7 surveillance to ensure the safety of students as well.
Saratov State Medical University offers a healthy and vibrant atmosphere for the overall development of students. The university conducts various sports activities and student exchange programs to shower the students with endless opportunities. Students are also given the freedom to celebrate all Indian major festivals on the university premises.
Why Students Prefer MBBS Study from Russia?
Russia has been the top choice of not only the Indian medical students but also for the medical aspirants from the different corner of the world. Today, Russia has become the education hub. There are many reasons making MBBS in Russia the top choice for medical students.
The Top Reasons for MBBS in Russia
- Top-class education facilities for medical students
- No specific entrance examinations for getting MBBS admission
- Both tuition fees and cost of accommodation are on the lower side
- Safe and peaceful atmosphere good for studies
- Medium of instruction is English for the international medical candidates
- No demand of capitation or donation of any kind
- Students from more than 57 countries travel to Russia for medical education every year
- The best of the labs and research facilities are being provided by the universities in Russia to medical aspirants
- Medical universities in Russia are duly recognised by MCI, WHO, and others
- Cooperative and qualified faculties to assist students anytime
- Welcoming people around who value education
- Along with the various facilities to study, the top MCI approved universities in Russia offers mingling of cultures and exchange of cultural values.
MBBS Fees Structure and Course Duration
|Country||Course Duration||Fees Structure in INR|
|MBBS Fees in Russia||6 Years||15 Lacs – 60 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Ukraine||6 Years||20 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Georgia||6 Years||22 Lacs – 35 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kyrgyzstan||5 Years||13 lacs – 20 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Kazakhstan||5 Years||18.5 lacs – 25 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Poland||6 Years||60 lacs to 70 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Armenia||6 years||22 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in China||6 years||25 Lacs to 30 Lacs|
|MBBS Fees in Philippines||5.8 years||20 Lacs to 25 Lacs|